Biodome/scorpian/leo/ plus extras - Page 9 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Geckos Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 01-24-2006, 12:14 AM   #81
TripleMoonsExotic
All I have to say is...

WOW...

Old 01-24-2006, 12:16 AM   #82
StinaUIUC
well if it is real his parents probably made him go to bed...its late...lol

Old 01-24-2006, 12:17 AM   #83
coyote
Ahem,
All the snapping, snarling and frothing going on in this thread is a VERY poor representation of the calibre of this site. A tendency towards extremism, intolerance and nasty opinion has taken over the offering of advice. It has become ugly. Time to quit.

Listen Mercedez, I am pretty sure that you have gotten the point and realize that you made a bad choice. The world has not come to an end. Chalk this whole thing up to a learning experience. The lesson being that you really need to thoroughly research a project BEFORE spending any money and effort on it.

In general, most pet shops are highly reluctant to take animals back and refund money. You will have to make some phone calls and see what the return policies are. Sorry, no short cuts, not "easy" buttons.

It was a great idea and I can truly understand your excitement about doing it. Unfortunately the idea is flawed. This doesn't mean that there aren't other options.

You say that you want to have animals. That is where the rest of us began. You do have part of what you need. Choose ONE animal, do a thorough research of its required care, be sure that you can get the proper food for it locally and at all times of the year, purchase what you don't have so to provide adequate care. That is how you begin. Jumping feet first into grand projects and trying to pull them off without the knowledge needed is a risky gamble.

Reptiles, amphibians and arachnids are specialized pets. They are much more sensitive to the kind of care they get than are dogs and cats. They will starve and die just because something isn't right. If these are the types of animals you want to keep you can not be sloppy about providing them with exactly what they need.

There seem to be some assumptions that this is your teacher's idea and your teacher designed the project for you. Is any of this true? If so, your teacher did you a disservice. You might be forthcoming with your teacher and tell him/her that you need another idea as this one isn't going to succeed as planned. What I don't understand is why an Earth Science teacher is suggesting and giving credit for what is actually a Biology project. I find that hard to swallow.

It is also unfair of adults to encourage you into things that you are not prepared for or equipped to handle. Your choice to engage the members of this site for support and information is commendable. Don't quit us just yet.

Old 01-24-2006, 12:26 AM   #84
Mercedez
Thanks for fineally supprotnig me. I apreceate some real help here unlike everyone telling me im not from the innercity and othe rthings. Im glda somebody agrees that this thing will actually work. Thanks again.

Old 01-24-2006, 12:27 AM   #85
sugarkornbizkits
If Mike is telling the truth and he really did do this-I think maybe there might have been some misunderstanding between him and the teacher. When I was in high school my biology teacher had everyone make biodome-like self containing ecosystem like he claims his teacher is having him do for ec. My ecosystem was in a 2 liter bottle filled with water with some gravel, algae, some other kind of water plant and a couple of guppies. The guppies provided CO2 for the plants whilst the plants provided food and oxygen for the guppies. I think something simple like this is what your teacher intended. Not some huge 90 gallon tank with umpteen different kinds of animals with totally different needs. Did you specifically tell your teacher that you were using all these reptiles from different locales? Or did you just say lizards and a snake?

Old 01-24-2006, 12:28 AM   #86
BalloonzForU
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercedez
Im glda somebody agrees that this thing will actually work.
She didn't say that it would work.

Old 01-24-2006, 12:29 AM   #87
sugarkornbizkits
Um Mike in that message NOWHERE did coyote say that your biodome was going to work.

Old 01-24-2006, 12:37 AM   #88
sugarkornbizkits
Well, this is starting to get old. I just found his other thread with putting the fat tail and the leo together and he just isn't getting it. I'm putting in for the night. I have to get up at 6.

Old 01-24-2006, 12:39 AM   #89
Mercedez
ok let me see here. isnt it just survival or the fittists.. i guess we all have different views on captivity amimals. can we just agree to dissagree

Old 01-24-2006, 12:41 AM   #90
sugarkornbizkits
ok...before i log off. When the animals are captive it is NOT survival of the fittest that is just plain cruel!!!!! When the animals are found in the wild together ie-hawk and rabbit...then it is survival of the fittest. You have animals that would never meet in the wild.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!