Does this sound like a scam? - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Ball Pythons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 05-24-2006, 12:50 PM   #1
loye
Does this sound like a scam?

Someone in NY placed an ad on a site that they got a ball python for free, and need to rehome it...for free. I e-mailed them letting them know I was in MI and asked if they would ship...this is their reply:

GOT YOUR MAIL THAT YOU ARE INTERESTED IN MY BALL
PYTHON.ONCE AGAIN I AM VERY GRATEFUL.
I WILL BE GIVEN YOU THE BALL PYTHON FOR FREE,OK
ALL YOU NEED TO DO IS TO PAY FOR THE SHIPPING TO YOU.
REPLY ME HOW MUCH YOU HAVE FOR SHIPPING,AS SOON AS YOU
ARE REPLYING ME HOW MUCH YOU CAN AFFORD FOR SHIPPING
REPLY ME YOUR ADDRESS AS WELL.
EXPECTING FROM YOU TODAY,AS I WILL BE SHIPPING TO YOU
TODAY OR TOMOROW,FOR ME TO TELL YOU HOW TO SEND THE
MONEY TO ME.
EXPECTING

Does this sound like a scam?

Old 05-24-2006, 01:00 PM   #2
coyote
Classic.
Has SCAM written all over its syntax. OK.

Old 05-24-2006, 05:40 PM   #3
LadyOhh
Emily,

Run away!!!

Old 05-24-2006, 05:43 PM   #4
SIRS
sounds like a scam ...isn't there a shipping company that will actually bill you instead of you sending money? what about C.O.D's do they even exist any more ?

Old 05-24-2006, 06:21 PM   #5
loye
I decided to kind of play a long and see what happened! lol. I e-mail them back asking them to first take the snake to the place they would be shipping through to get it weighed and find out how much shipping would cost, and also asked them to tell me the weight and send pics if they had them...I got a response simply saying..."I took it to get it weighed...shipping will cost $150" Now, I've been looking online for a while now and know that I can purchase a snake and have it shipped for about $35-$50. And I also thought that the company would bill me for the shipping..but wasn't sure!

Lets just say...I'm going to keep searching for a cute, healthy Ball!!!!

The things some people will do for money...can't beleive it! :scatter:

Old 05-24-2006, 06:26 PM   #6
norsmis
$150 for shipping???? LOL... thats not even believable..... Maybe if the shipping company brought it to your house in 3 hours and set it up in its cage for you..... SCAM!!!!!!!

Old 05-25-2006, 08:44 AM   #7
CornNut
It's expensive to ship from Nigeria!

Old 05-25-2006, 10:26 AM   #8
Bill & Amy

Old 05-25-2006, 11:20 AM   #9
tstrenuous10
do they even have a picture of them WITH the snake? will they give you an address or do they want paypal/western union?

Old 05-25-2006, 06:17 PM   #10
loye
I asked for pics, and then asked them if they'd take the snake to the place they are shipping through to get it weighed and to let me know ahead of time how much it will cost and if they could please give me the weight if they did so. Well, he e-mailed me back saying "I had it weighed and shipping will be $150" So I asked again for the weight and pics and they TOTALLY avoided the questions. So I told them no thanks...They wanted me to send the money directly to them, but didn't give me an address.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!