Info Breeding (loan?)Ariel Cudia & Aritonic - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 01-29-2015, 07:57 PM   #1
strazkatz
Breeding (loan?)Ariel Cudia & Aritonic

HI,just for clarity I am The Stoned Gecko, and I am seeking help...
OK, heres the short( trying to) version of the situation. A couple years ago I started goin to the local reptile show and bought a couple cresties. After that I stopped by my friends pet shop and met a girl who worked there, who told me she and her partner bred cresties and I should get theirs. Well, we did. Bought 3 within a month, and then when I had questions I would stop by the shop and ask her. Well, 1 thing led to another and we started helping her and her partner at the shows, then I would try to sell plants and ledges at thier table. I took up no space and actually made them xtra room by making shelves for the table and we also helped transport some of their belongings.Well, the girl had a couple geckos she said she couldnt keep because of who she got them from, her partner DISLIKED the breeder. Our transaction consisted of 1 shiney new quarter and a few magnet ledges. We also told her we would give her SOME of the money from the babies. Also, she got products from me AT COST! Done deal. Mind you in the time she had these girls she never got a viable egg from them. Now, we sold a few at Tinley last show and gave her $587.50. She didn't help with the table cost either and she had already taken 3 or 4 of the best hatchlings. Now Ariel is also saying that we "Stole" animals from thier table at the shows even tho his partner would take an animal and put it in our box and tell us to take care of it for her. Nothing was Stolen from any1. Both Ariel and his partner along with others were at our house often and saw all the geckos. Ariel would even go into the enclosures and put females with the males he wanted to.
Kinda of stupid saying some1 stole when they always came to see how well they were doing. I really should have listened to alot of people who tried to warn me about these people, because EVERYTHING that was told to me about them was T R U E ! We even bought a breeding pr of chahouas from him. He got them from some1 named Tim and asked us to care for them the day he got them. We got attatched to them ( in more than 1 way) and asked to buy them from them. I told them I would wash out the bill his partner had with me and his also , which came out to over $600.00 and We gave them over $600.00 in cash. Around $640 or 650 not sure now. Anyways, it was the amount they had to pay TIM every month till their bill was covered. Now I hear they want those back too. Whatta pair of business partners. During the course of about 1 year a and half both she and her partner had us help them with over 40 animals. Our food, cages, cleaning etc.and never contributed a thing except maybe 5 or 6 times I bought a box of crickets from her for 10 bucks. She paid 7. The animals we cared for incl. adults, babies that needed handfeeding and some needing meds. And get this, he even promised a kid who just bought a very small baby that he would feed it for him...guess where that little guy went after the show? That's right Ariel gave it to us to feed because he couldn't. Make promises to some1 and then brush off the responsibility on some1 else! real nice. Oh, we were such good friends , imagine that we were given the opportunity to WORK> Gee thanks, as tho we needed more work to do.Now, as you will see in the pic, the geckos and length of time we had each, and the times are conservative. Just whats on this list is 644 total gecko weeks. (number of animals times the weeks.) Now its being said that we OWE them money for any sold or unsold geckos we have or had. I am looking at this as I spent a whole lot of time effort and money to keep their animals, and to care for them. Conservatively I can use $2.50 per week per animal to $5.00 per week. Go to a Vet or service and they will charge you over $25 per week. I'm will to call it a "wash" and end all conbtact between them but they continue. And again, we never even got a bag of CGD for them. See attached pic plz . It shows some of thier animals lengthly stay with us. Its just Ariel and his posse causing the usual ruckus and being the eternal victim. He pouts and screams till he gets his way but I will not cave to him. Like his problems with every1 else, he is either jealous of them or can not handle people not being in awe of him or afraid of him. He's a lowlife. and like every1 has told me...he can not be trusted and he continues to prove it time and time again. Guess the drama queen needs the drama.
Attached Images

Old 01-29-2015, 10:08 PM   #2
strazkatz
Now, after discussing matters with my wife, we have decided we will give them 5 cresties, 3 fem 2 male to sell. They can keep everything they get as long as I get the pedigree and contact info for the pr of chahouas I bought from them. I will pull everything about them off my facebook and go on living as tho they dont exist. We want NOTHING to do with these people, PERIOD. I will get a neutral party to make the trade at the next local show. But they will also have to agree to end it . They and their cronies.

Old 01-30-2015, 05:43 AM   #3
Lucille
Quote:
Originally Posted by strazkatz View Post
HI,just for clarity I am The Stoned Gecko, and I am seeking help...
Your story is unclear, but what I get from your post is that you dealt with some people against the advice of others, did not clearly write out your transactions with them. Then, almost predictably, deals went south. A rough learning curve, and I am sympathetic to your trials and tribulations.

You are asking for help, my advice is that:

You research people that you deal with and make appropriate choices whether to deal with them after your research.
You develop a TOS to guide your transactions
You create and save a written record of each transaction. From your post, it does not sound as if you ever had well planned, written transactions.

You may think that what you are experiencing right now is trouble, you may end up thanking this other party for the wakeup call that business needs to be transacted in a businesslike manner if you ever have to deal with the IRS.

Old 01-30-2015, 08:33 AM   #4
strazkatz
You are right. We just want it all to end already, but the others dont. They just want and want.

Old 01-30-2015, 08:41 AM   #5
strazkatz
We even sent a check to 1of the partys'mother to pay off her half of a gecko she and my wife went halsies on. She won't cash it. So with that, I may use the girl this yr and next and then she can have it in2017.shes still growing up. I won't give her anything out of her...not with my JB Chowder baby.

Old 01-30-2015, 08:46 AM   #6
Lucille
Quote:
I'm will to call it a "wash" and end all conbtact between them but they continue.
It takes two to have contact. You can simply ignore them. If they believe they are owed even after the services you provided, they would have to sue you to recover and with no agreement in writing and if the situation is as you describe, they would have some difficulty winning in my opinion.

Quote:
Now, after discussing matters with my wife, we have decided we will give them 5 cresties, 3 fem 2 male to sell. They can keep everything they get as long as I get the pedigree and contact info for the pr of chahouas I bought from them. I will pull everything about them off my facebook and go on living as tho they dont exist. We want NOTHING to do with these people, PERIOD. I will get a neutral party to make the trade at the next local show. But they will also have to agree to end it . They and their cronies.
A comprehensive agreement IN WRITING.

If you wish, post the proposed agreement and I and others can look it over for you. I'm sure you will do fine, but having experienced eyes take a look can be good.
If they will not sign a suitable agreement, then ignore them. My two cents.

Old 01-30-2015, 08:46 AM   #7
strazkatz
You can also check out super model exotics and see how he and his minions are trying to slam us

Old 01-30-2015, 09:04 AM   #8
Lucille
Here's an interesting thread:
http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...ighlight=cudia

Old 01-30-2015, 09:14 AM   #9
strazkatz
Ty he's as shady as they come. Just wish I knew about all this when we started with reptiles.

Old 01-30-2015, 11:04 AM   #10
BigBallin
The issue with the whole story, (on both sides) there is nothing written down on paper. It's all he said she said.

I also find it shady that the stoned gecko had a third party sale geckos for them that they already admitted were from ariel. Why would a gecko breeder give another breeder geckos to sale? Maybe because they are trying to unload geckos that don't belong to them, and not have their name attached to it? That's just how I am taking it.

Do you have any proof of you buying said chewies or any other gecko? So far all I see if you just scribbling a bunch of words on a paper and calling that evidence.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!