Bad Guy Snakes at Sunset (Miami) - Page 18 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 06-01-2015, 11:06 AM   #171
neilg
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost Coast Herps View Post

I'm actually very interested in this thread since I have previously almost ordered from Snakes at Sunset in the past but had been talked out of it by local breeders/ customers. I've seen some awesome animals listed from them and would like to see proof of what I only know as cautionary gossip.
ditto.. i joined FC six months ago and folks were actively discussing this 'old' thread day in and day out, so i chimed in but then haven't been back on FC since oct when i joined till now in may... so its good to see ppl don't just let all old threads be 'forgotten' and sit their on the server but be a reference point and collective learning and gauging experience as i too was about to order from Sunset but this thread plus many Yelpers dissuaded me, besides learned to acquire the few animals desired for my hobby mostly locally or within a few states away if it were to come to have to take gripes to court of whatever!

Old 11-21-2015, 01:38 AM   #172
snakesareawesome
They are a good company. Received a pair of Madagascar Hogs at a good price. Both are eating scented rodents just as advertised and arrived with good body condition.

Old 12-24-2015, 12:18 PM   #173
Tastykake83
My experience/issue with SAS

I have not purchased from snakes at sunset, however, I have had contact with them. I was interested in a banana morph combo ball python and was initially weary bevause the price seemed "too good to be true" but I contacted them about the animal to find out more. What concerned me was this: the pictures on their site, they informed me, are stock photos and not photos of the actual animal being purchased. Which is fairly obvious, and I know other sites who do it as well. So it bothered me to purchase an animal that is that cheap, without even being able to see the actual animal I was purchasing. So I asked if they could email me a pic of the animal. They told me they couldn't because they were eating at the moment. So I waited 2 days and when I didn't hear anything I sent them another message. (2 days should be enough to wait to get a pic of a bp because they were eating) and it was then that they told me that the animal wasn't there and would arrive on Wednesday. So it bothered me. It's not really any big evidence of anything, but I thought that it is worth noting that the animals pictured
Are not the actual animal being sold, and that some of them may even be sold to you without them even seeing it first. (Had I placed my order the first night it would have been a whole WEEK before the animal even came in to them)....

Old 12-24-2015, 12:59 PM   #174
Snakesatsunset
Mary - just because a snake eats does not mean we cant sell it to a local person. In the meantime waiting for pics, the snakes you were interested in were sold. We get new stock weekly, and the type of snake you inquired about was to arrive Wed. It Could also be at our other facility, not at the store(where we take pics)We do have a special phone number for you to text to get pics of what you are interested in. 786-220-2953 (number will only receive texts, no calls)
Its on the front page of our site http://www.snakesatsunset.com
We get DOZENS of picture requests and try to accomadate everyone, and as far as I know, we are the only company that takes the time to do it, even for small dollar items. You want to see a selection of cobalt dart frogs? text that number. You should get 3-4 pics of several frogs to choose, or snakes, or tortoises, whichever you ask for in less then 12 hours. We sometimes miss some, but we try to get everyone the pictures they request.
If you notice on our website we are clear about the picture possibly not being the exact animal in the thumbnail. It is under the Live Arrival Guarantee, shipping and Policies section. It would be very difficult to picture all 50 pastel ball pythons we have, and keep track by the minute what is sold in store and online .Much less specific anoles, beardeds, chameleons etc! We do have specific photos for more EXPENSIVE ITEMS, such as piebalds and some other animals.
We developed the texting system as our best option to fill those picture requests and it works very well 99% of the time. People love it. If you inquire by email we foward that email to our picture guy who does it from that special phone. We are not 100% on all picture requests, but we are damn near close!
786-220-2953 (number will only receive texts, no calls)
Sorry we missed your request, but we are constantly getting new inventory, and selling inventory, as we are a physical store, not just a website. Sometimes items online may be sold in store before the site is updated for the day, sometimes its the opposite.

Old 12-24-2015, 01:03 PM   #175
Snakesatsunset
Just to mention as well, some people do not ask for pictures and order items off the website thus making them unavailable and sold out till we get new stock.

Old 12-24-2015, 02:08 PM   #176
Guy Castro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snakesatsunset View Post
Mary - just because a snake eats does not mean we cant sell it to a local person. In the meantime waiting for pics, the snakes you were interested in were sold. We get new stock weekly, and the type of snake you inquired about was to arrive Wed. It Could also be at our other facility, not at the store(where we take pics)We do have a special phone number for you to text to get pics of what you are interested in. 786-220-2953 (number will only receive texts, no calls)
Its on the front page of our site http://www.snakesatsunset.com
We get DOZENS of picture requests and try to accomadate everyone, and as far as I know, we are the only company that takes the time to do it, even for small dollar items. You want to see a selection of cobalt dart frogs? text that number. You should get 3-4 pics of several frogs to choose, or snakes, or tortoises, whichever you ask for in less then 12 hours. We sometimes miss some, but we try to get everyone the pictures they request.
If you notice on our website we are clear about the picture possibly not being the exact animal in the thumbnail. It is under the Live Arrival Guarantee, shipping and Policies section. It would be very difficult to picture all 50 pastel ball pythons we have, and keep track by the minute what is sold in store and online .Much less specific anoles, beardeds, chameleons etc! We do have specific photos for more EXPENSIVE ITEMS, such as piebalds and some other animals.
We developed the texting system as our best option to fill those picture requests and it works very well 99% of the time. People love it. If you inquire by email we foward that email to our picture guy who does it from that special phone. We are not 100% on all picture requests, but we are damn near close!
786-220-2953 (number will only receive texts, no calls)
Sorry we missed your request, but we are constantly getting new inventory, and selling inventory, as we are a physical store, not just a website. Sometimes items online may be sold in store before the site is updated for the day, sometimes its the opposite.
Mike,no matter how much "straight forward" info you have posted on your site,you just can't teach "common sense".

Old 12-24-2015, 03:15 PM   #177
Black Adder
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guy Castro View Post
Mike,no matter how much "straight forward" info you have posted on your site,you just can't teach "common sense".
You know what they say though

"common sense is the least common of all senses"

Old 02-23-2016, 12:42 PM   #178
CeltGunn
My experience with Mike and Snakes at Sunset has seriously soured me for this company. Some people have good experiences with them, more have bad.

All I can say is take a roll of the die and Good Luck to you.

My daughter & I rolled the die and got a Pastave with a pretty bad kink in it's neck. Of which you can still view on their site, Mike had said that he would have his webmaster remove the image yet it's still there.

We finally did get the money for purchase sent back to us, after much headaches and arguing with Mike over this issue. Because this snake most certainly is not something we can breed with and the company knew that was our purposes/wishes at the time of purchase. I am grateful the money was returned. I do still wish Mike would have the image removed, so that others don't expect to get that specific ball python.

So here's your Thank you Mike.
~Tina Abrahamson

Old 02-23-2016, 01:11 PM   #179
AbsoluteApril
Quote:
Originally Posted by CeltGunn View Post
My experience with Mike and Snakes at Sunset
Here's the link to the thread that has more details about your (your daughter's) experience, in case people want more info:
http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...d.php?t=557481

Old 02-23-2016, 01:15 PM   #180
Snakesatsunset
Tina wrong thread where your DAUGHTERS situation was spoken about. There was ZERO arguing about a refund, only you , who did not purchase it. Your adult daughter did, and agreed to things, of which you did not know about or listen to her about. She liked it as a pet not a breeder in the end after we requested it sent back. Its in the other thread. Passive aggressive much? lol- your daughter is very nice, handled situation perfectly, she decided to keep it in a good home, and we refunded her the purchase price to provide it a good home instead of sending it back and finding it a home here.
We have it on order to change several pics and add more animals. Its per hour we are billed not per job. So to make it worthwhile we wait till its a good amount for webmaster to work. The pictures are representatives of the type and species of animal, colors, sizes, etc and are clearly stated on the site that they are. thanks, your welcome Tina.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!