Elisa Cox, Mike Cox, Mike Williams, UPDATE - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 05-11-2006, 07:41 AM   #1
brannonmay
Elisa Cox, Mike Cox, Mike Williams, UPDATE

I would like to say that, it seems that Mike and Elisa are working very hard to get things straight with me, and not just me but others as well on past dealings. What has happened on my deal is, in all the confusion I was sent the wrong animal, although it is a double het for snow, the age and size is incorrect.

Now they are offering to fully refund my money and they are not asking for the animal back until I have received all the cash. Which is appropriate. And on top of that they are offering my choice of one neonate from several different litters this year for free to make up for the trouble. And they have been very persistant up to this point about trying to get some closure on this.

So I felt that it was my responsibility for their to point out their actions after all this started for me. Good or bad. I will keep you guys updated.

To err is to be Human. To forgive is Sublime.

Old 05-11-2006, 05:18 PM   #2
PerfectPetPython
Quote:
To err is to be Human. To forgive is Sublime.
I couldn't have said it better!

Old 10-16-2006, 06:46 PM   #3
brannonmay
I dint like having to come back to this topic. But it is unfinished and it has nearly been 6 months. The other reason I am posting at this time is because I am now receiving email that these two are back at it again.

WARNING!!! to those looking to do biz with these folks. They have tried to sign into this board as someone else, cheated folks and continue to do so. And the problems people are having with them are the exact same problems from a year ago. So it seems to be their way, and they do not try to correct the situation.

Old 10-16-2006, 07:13 PM   #4
Suncoast Herpetological
Have they repaid any of what you were owed?

Old 10-16-2006, 07:19 PM   #5
brannonmay
Nope....

Nothing has changed. Just a bunch of excuses and empty promisses.

Old 10-16-2006, 10:35 PM   #6
PAULSCHUMANN
Do any of these scammers ever get punished for their actions??? I can't remember ever seeing where some one has been arrested for stealing thousands of dollars from some one as long as it has to do with a reptile purchase via the internet.

Since I have been taking notes, I have come to the conclusion that it is "ILLEGAL" to steal thousands of dollars from a little old lady walking down the street, however it is perfectly "LEGAL" to steal thousands of dollars from someone as long as it is done online in dealings with reptiles.

These people aren't even inteligent scammers. Like the old saying goes "if you're gonna be a dumbass, at least be good at it" I mean how hard is it to buy a ton of imported balls for 5$ a whack, treat them, feed them, let them shed, and then offer them as double het for a sucker with money for 2,000$ each...These retards can't even do that right, I mean at least send the fake het the next day so the poor schmuck doesn't find out until a year or two later when it finally breeds. But noooo, these two twits send the animals weeks or even months later that are half dead and stinking of a scam, so the poor bastard that just dumped a months salary instantly realizes some one forgot to send a jar of vaseline.

Hey cox...why don't you man up, call these people and just say, "SUCKAAA" then hang up on them so they can at least have some closure, and realize there is no hope for getting their money back. I would tell them myself...but, I wasn't the one who F&*^@ them. What???? you're not afraid of being arrested are you?...read the rest of these BOI posts, I hope I don't lose my morals or forget my ethics some day because I could make a killing at this side of the business.

Why even bother changing your phone number or your name...you could make this so easy, just tell the customer he just got scammed and you're not going to give him a dime of his money back, then he will threaten to get a lawyer (but the lawers always laugh and say "good luck" unless you're giving them lots of money), then after that poor sucker hangs up on you he'll come here to call you a loser and tell his story, blah, blah, blahhh and business is slow for a couple weeks until the post about how much you suck falls into the background, then you get another clueless customer and the whole process repeats itself, over, and over, and over, and over.

Although, it would be nice to form a club, somewhat of an "ASS KICKING BRIGADE" where herpers and hobbyists around the nation recruit that one realy big nasty dangerous friend of theirs (you know who I'm talking about, we all have one) to kick in the doors of this scum and put a real hurtin on em.

Members of this new organization would search the forums for scammers in their area, when a scam artist is located we tell these "scary buddies" whatever it takes to send them through that front door in a blind rage ready to inflict pain.

hell...lets get it goin, who's been scammed by someone in North Dakota? I got a buddy on his way to prison that just doesn't care anymore, and he has waayyy too much time on his hands. I would probably pay double the amount I was scammed by another one of these a-holes just to see him in so much pain and fear he'd pee his pants.

Old 10-17-2006, 09:12 AM   #7
juggalo

I have to say I agree 100%
I very rarely post on the BOI the few times I have it was to report a great transaction,but I do stop in everyday to read what is going on out there.
I have been fortunate enough to have made a few great online deals and now I have a select couple of sellers that I will be buying from anytime I may need something.

When ever I read stories like this it really pisses me off good people put their trust in someone and get screwed then they do what they think is right and try to help another trusting soul out by posting here and the post is on page one for a week or so then fades into the forgotten realm not to be seen again till someone else gets screwed and then it comes back to the top or the thread gets so cluttered with arguing between members or someone trying to weasel in and sell there products that you can't stand to read the last 17 pages of the thread so you never do find out what the result of the transaction was.

I think this site was created to be a valueable tool to help all of us avoid being screwed over, and if you can wade through all the B.S. still can be.
As for the legal recourse I also agree who really can or wants to through a $2500 retainer at a lawyer who says it's a long shot but I will take your money.

Branon May thanks for this post and I will make it a point if I ever see these people's names on something I want to purchase I will steer clear of it no matter how much I want it.

Paul Alexander Thank you for stepping up and saying what I have wanted to for awhile

thanks again to both of you.~~~~Sam Bearden

P.S.
Quote:
"scary buddies"
In our area I am that guy

Old 10-17-2006, 10:34 AM   #8
PAULSCHUMANN
My full name is Paul Alexander Schumann. I'm not sure why I put my middle name there, my friends just call me Shu (like the footwear).

Old 10-17-2006, 06:09 PM   #9
Tsutton5
sounds good

Although, it would be nice to form a club, somewhat of an "ASS KICKING BRIGADE" where herpers and hobbyists around the nation recruit that one realy big nasty dangerous friend of theirs (you know who I'm talking about, we all have one) to kick in the doors of this scum and put a real hurtin on em.

Members of this new organization would search the forums for scammers in their area, when a scam artist is located we tell these "scary buddies" whatever it takes to send them through that front door in a blind rage ready to inflict pain.

hell...lets get it goin, who's been scammed by someone in North Dakota? I got a buddy on his way to prison that just doesn't care anymore, and he has waayyy too much time on his hands. I would probably pay double the amount I was scammed by another one of these a-holes just to see him in so much pain and fear he'd pee his pants.[/quote]
Count me in here in NJ

Old 10-20-2006, 06:39 PM   #10
jfarah
You can count me in for that "ASS KICKEN CLUB" too. I can't stand to see these scammers get away with this shit time and time again.

If the law cant make things right then we should get justice ourselves... we just have to make sure we know for sure we are going after a scammer and not someone who got falsely criticized. That POS Ray Torres is a perfect example of someone who should get his door kicked in and his placed trashed!

Sign me up for the Denver Chapter.

I have lost my sense of humor about this shit and I want justice!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!