Bad Guy Michael Cardell (Mike C) NY - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 07-16-2011, 09:14 PM   #11
Lucille
Kyle,

SUWEEET! Looks like your would-be scammer got hoisted on his own petard. I admire your professional handling of your situation.

Old 07-17-2011, 05:33 PM   #12
scaledverts
His latest attempt to get what he wants

Quote:
from Xavier cardell lireptile@hotmail.com
to scaledverts@gmail.com,
phclassifieds <phclassifieds@pethobbyist.com>
date Sun, Jul 17, 2011 at 3:51 PM
subject HOWCAN YOU LIVE WITH YOURSELF

The is Michael Cardell. I sent your $200last year.but you refuse to tell kingsnake. I believe what goes around comes around. Just watch your back at the show. even if you don't go

Old 07-17-2011, 05:38 PM   #13
laterob
Quote:
Just watch your back at the show. even if you don't go
Umm.......

Old 07-17-2011, 06:48 PM   #14
Lucille
Quote:
I am a Police officer in NY.
Quote:
Just watch your back at the show. even if you don't go
He's been watching too much TV

Old 07-17-2011, 08:43 PM   #15
Scott2
Cardell

I did a deal w/ Mike Cardell 3-4 weeks ago, selling him a few garters. He contacts me today stating that one died, I told him if he paypals me the shipping I'll send him a replacement (he mentioned on the phone he used to own a reptile store, been in the biz for over 30 years, name drops Philiipe Divosojli and also says will be getting a bunch more garters in the near future). On a whim decided to check the BOI and glad I did...I refunded his $ and sent him a link to this posting, thanks for making this public !

Scott Felzer
www.albinogartersnake.com

Old 07-17-2011, 08:51 PM   #16
Scott2
Paypal Credit card transactions

Kyle makes a great point, if you are purchasing from someone you don't know, clear your Paypal account out so it has a zero balance and then do a credit card purchase, this way there's a extremely high chance for recourse should something happen. Rarely do you get $ back from Paypal.

Thanks again Kyle,

Scott

Old 07-17-2011, 09:51 PM   #17
NIGRO51
Scott, what email did he contact you from and how did this deal come about? Through a certain website? I'm curious to see if and where he is still doing "business".

Old 07-17-2011, 10:54 PM   #18
scaledverts
Quote:
Originally Posted by scaledverts View Post
Quote:

from Xavier cardell lireptile@hotmail.com
to scaledverts@gmail.com,
phclassifieds <phclassifieds@pethobbyist.com>
date Sun, Jul 17, 2011 at 3:51 PM
subject HOWCAN YOU LIVE WITH YOURSELF

The is Michael Cardell. I sent your $200last year.but you refuse to tell kingsnake. I believe what goes around comes around. Just watch your back at the show. even if you don't go
So this latest reply kind of sat with me the wrong way. So I drafted a response to him.......then deleted and reworded it to be a bit more professional.
Quote:

from Kyle R. Mara scaledverts@gmail.com
to Xavier cardell <lireptile@hotmail.com>
date Sun, Jul 17, 2011 at 10:26 PM
subject Re: HOWCAN YOU LIVE WITH YOURSELF

Excuse me MR. CARDELL. Don't attempt to threaten/scare me to cover up your attempt to scam me out of money. You DID NOT send my money back and it wasn't $200 it was $350. You stopped all contact with me suddenly just after you had my money and now you have attempted to lie to kingsnake multiple times. So I too believe what goes around comes around and you are getting yours. I gave you AMPLE opportunity to make this right and you made ZERO attempts to do it. It's not even about the money now, now it is about me doing everything in my power to make sure that you cannot scam anyone else out of their hard earned money.

You're not dealing with some inexperienced newbie here and I will not be intimidated by you. I have made multiple posts on various sites about you so that people will NOT buy from you. Pretty much every email you have ever sent me is out there for people to see just exactly what kind of character you display in your business dealings. Based on what I have seen it is working!!! I would love for you to confront me in person, although I don't think it would end the way you would hope that it would so good luck with that. Since you are a "police officer," you should be well aware that your threats mean nothing and you have no power here or over me and it is quite honestly against the law (Federal Law 18 U.S.C. § 875 (c))! There is NOTHING you can do!!! So tell me what does it feel like to be utterly helpless and have NO control over what is happening to you...... I bet it feels just like it did when you took my money and ran. I should also mention that you have now thoroughly shot yourself in the foot with kingsnake with your pitiful threat. Good job. I have given kingsnake all the information I have about you, including all of the emails you sent me (that's right I have all of those original emails from 2+ years ago too!). Thankfully ,they choose to not allow you back in. I love watching a scammer squirm and try to intimidate their way back in with idle threats and blatant lies. So with this reply I am done with you. Don't bother contacting me again, you have made your bed now you must lie in it. Should you feel the need to posture and show your true character further, bear in mind that there has already been an internet crime report filed with the FBI and any emails I receive from you only add to the evidence I already have.

You are the reason that people are afraid to buy animals on-line. I will not stand idly by as you give the hobby I love a bad name. So I ask you the same question, "HOW CAN YOU LIVE WITH YOURSELF."

With that, I bid you good day.
Scott, I'm glad that you could use my experience to potentially save you some trouble!

Old 07-17-2011, 11:23 PM   #19
geckos-by-pam
He/ They used to own a store in Seaford Long Island the name of the store was N.Y. Reptilia. They would ignore you when you went in and act like you were a bother to them when you wanted to see/ purchase something. One of the men was White the other was Hispanic. It seemed like they only wanted to do business over the computer because that's where their faces were glued the whole time you were in the store. I wasn't surprised to see them go out of business.

Old 07-17-2011, 11:27 PM   #20
dragonlvr64
Kyle, it was great that you did post all of this new info on here. Now when someone does a BOI search, all of these names have the chance to pop up and warn the would be buyer/seller of this guy and all of his various names.
Very impressed as well with your emails and time lines being kept in order. For a change it was an easy read. Mike/Xavier is quite the trip, seems like he writes his responses in two different personalities! His emails to KS were pretty hard to understand!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!