Bad Guy Pat Kline - snared99 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 09-01-2017, 11:57 AM   #1
AndieBones
Pat Kline - snared99

In search of a new pet, I came across the user snared99 from faunaclassifieds, a website I've never been on before that. There, found a bearded dragon he was selling. The dragon was stated as being healthy and ready to breed. From the picture, the dragon looked fine. I contacted him, paid him, and he sent the bearded dragon. When the animal arrived, I was so excited I happily emailed the user that he arrived safely, and it was a beautiful animal. I got no response. I did notice that the dragon was taking in big gulps of air, and struggling to breathe. Later that day I also noticed the dragon kept shivering, and I did a bit of research. I figured it was because the dragon was raised without proper UVB, and it could be corrected over time. The next day, the dragon's condition worsened. He was shivering more frequently, and struggling to breathe. I considered taking him to the vet but figured he'd be fine, which was a mistake. I thought maybe this dragon has always breathed like that, I've never had a sick bearded dragon like this. I really wish I had done more research.
Suddenly in the evening, the dragon began having seizures, he looked to be choking. His arms and legs were squirming and his mouth was wide open gasping for air. I wanted to take him to a vet immediately but the only reptile vet near me was closed that late. He struggled in pain for about 3 hours. After the struggle he passed away. I was so distraught I asked others what was wrong with him, and a reputable breeder told me he had upper respiratory disease. This man sold me a sick animal, and it's contagious, so I pray to God my other bearded dragons didn't catch it. I own 3 other adult bearded dragons and have kept dragons for 3 years, I know what I'm doing when it comes to husbandry.
The dragon I was sold, I housed alone, with correct temps, UVB, ect, there is absolutely no reason he should have died with me. As soon as I opened the packaged he was wheezing and shivering, and coughing. The dragon also was missing a toe, which was not stated by the seller. This user knowingly sent me this sick and dying dragon. And despite all that, he is sending me emails guilt tripping me, telling me it's my fault the animal died, and telling me he has a daughter and cannot refund me. Do not do business with this user. I was told by another user that she was given a photoshopped image of a dragon, which I confirmed was photoshopped as well. snared99 has since deleted the sales post containing my dragon that passed away, and the photoshopped one.
snared99 also emailed to tell me he is making a post about how I'm the one out of place, when I simply made a post to a facebook group making a gofundme for the dragon's vet care in the morning, which I shut down because he didn't make it through the night. And I also posted a bad review to his breeding page, which I believe he truly deserved.

Here is an image of the dragon I was sold struggling to breathe, only a day after being sent to me: https://gyazo.com/04749b4b86d09ca95d0f41842c95b9bd

Old 09-01-2017, 12:41 PM   #2
AndieBones
To help people better understand, here is an image of one of my bearded dragons, 2 and a half years old, extremely healthy and happy with her enclosure:

https://gyazo.com/5d9347c18990122557dc90af7514d635

And these are images of messages I had with my boyfriend the day I got the dragon:

https://gyazo.com/2e73908fb76b370b8aba41653a2a638b

After doing a bit of research I thought I knew why his head was shivering, but I was wrong:

https://gyazo.com/bbbef84e4243f1563918c509d7b20a81

The dragon was making gasping noises, and I couldn't tell what it was. It somewhat smelled as well:

https://gyazo.com/6577c2e5258b1f6571ad63d1a0751c40

Also, the dragon was covered in poop stains, and yet he didn't go to the bathroom in the box he arrived in. Rex is a dragon I am taking care of from a friend.

https://gyazo.com/46ea3506f59ad859d12f5a2d0ab37d2d

Old 09-01-2017, 12:49 PM   #3
Lucille
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndieBones View Post
a reputable breeder told me he had upper respiratory disease. This man sold me a sick animal, and it's contagious
Name the breeder. And even a reputable breeder is not a vet, I do not see how he could diagnose a contagious disease without having seen the animal.

Quote:
When the animal arrived, I was so excited I happily emailed the user that he arrived safely, and it was a beautiful animal.
Quote:
As soon as I opened the packaged he was wheezing and shivering, and coughing.
Andie, your two statements seem to be in direct conflict.

Old 09-01-2017, 12:58 PM   #4
AndieBones
I don't want to get the breeder involved in this, they simply pmed me on facebook to help me out. Telling me to take the dragon to a vet immediately and it was a deadly illness. I asked them if it was contagious, as I was afraid for my other dragon's health.

In my opinion, arriving safely means that the animal has made it to the residence unharmed by the shipping. It does not mean healthy. And I have stated, I was very inexperienced with sick dragons, I wasn't sure if the wheezing was just something he always did or what. The shivering happened in little spurts, which did not happen before I emailed him, but shortly after. And I wasn't sure he was coughing at first, it was just little noises followed by a slightly strange smell, with his mouth slightly open. I was very very inexperienced, and didn't know what was a sign of illness and what wasn't. I'm very ashamed to say.

Old 09-01-2017, 01:06 PM   #5
Lucille
Quote:
I don't want to get the breeder involved in this, they simply pmed me on facebook to help me out. Telling me to take the dragon to a vet immediately and it was a deadly illness.
I don't believe that happened. I think a reputable breeder while encouraging a vet visit, would not diagnose in that manner not having seen the animal. And, of course, you did not immediately go to a vet.

Old 09-01-2017, 01:10 PM   #6
AndieBones
Lucille, I couldn't go to a vet, it was around 10pm at night! And I can pm you the message if you'd like. I just don't want the breeder to be involved. If you want the message, please pm me.

Old 09-01-2017, 01:17 PM   #7
NVBearded
Please also see the other messages if you are doubting her. He also sent me photoshopped images of a dragon, then accidentally sent me the original. Then he tried telling me this dragon she is referring to was alive and well per her this morning, and when I sent him proof the dragon had died he didn't have much to say. I posted a review on his page, he said I was a scam and also claimed he never sold her the dragon. Then when I posted proof he deleted the comment saying he never sold her the dragon, turned off reviews and posted on here. He had other reviews as well stating he had sold more people sick animals.

Old 09-01-2017, 01:21 PM   #8
AndieBones
Issue with images

Sorry about that, I wasn't sure how to share the images, here are all of them again:

First, the dragon at around 8pm yesterday, when he first started having seizures

To help people better understand, here is an image of one of my bearded dragons, 2 and a half years old, extremely healthy and happy with her enclosure. I assure you she has a UVB light, but it's at an angle that it can't be seen.

And these are images of messages I had with my boyfriend the day I got the dragon. After doing a bit of research I thought I knew why his head was shivering, but I was wrong The dragon was making gasping noises, and I couldn't tell what it was. It somewhat smelled as well, I assumed jokingly he was farting.
Also, the dragon was covered in poop stains, and yet he didn't go to the bathroom in the box he arrived in. (Rex is a dragon I am taking care of from a friend.)
Attached Images

Old 09-01-2017, 01:28 PM   #9
Lucille
Quote:
Originally Posted by NVBearded View Post
Also, the woman fully admitted she did not have the funds to take the Dragon to the vet for this issue and was raising money.
Quote:
I wanted to take him to a vet immediately but the only reptile vet near me was closed that late.
Andie, is Rachel talking about you here? I'm not sure because she did not mention a name.

Old 09-01-2017, 01:28 PM   #10
snared99
Attached is a pic the OP sent me when it arrived, obviously not a animal in poor shape. This animal had no issues here, and was our main site this season. I was not informed of any issues till late last night, which I didn't get til this morning when. I woke up. I have no issues working out a issue w a animal, but something doesn't make sense here.

Never in time of unpacking to 10pm last night did the OP say anything wrong w this dragon. I can't assist if I'm unaware of any problems

There is also no way to refund at moment since this is a claim at paypal. Not saying I would compensate here, but can't because of claim. I also asked for pic of setup, etc to which didn't get any of that yet.
And no we didn't sell this animal BC we are getting out of dragons.. Lol we have a 1.3 for sale to lighten the load, we still have a 1.4 that keeps me.plenty busy, so this was no a fire sale by far.
Attached Images

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Tags
snared99