Bad Guy Pat Kline - snared99 - Page 5 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 09-01-2017, 08:04 PM   #41
Donald C
Quote:
Originally Posted by snakesareawesome View Post
If the animal died a day after arrival, taking it to a vet would have been incredibly unlikely to help. I've taken many reptiles to vets before they were very ill and it is still hit or miss. If it's a bacterial infection and you're willing to give it meds while waiting on the culture to come back, odds are they can fix it, but it's viral I doubt they are going to be any help.
I do agree with your train of reasoning here. The one reason to take it to a vet is to have a professional report on the animal stating its health.

If the animal was sick and it did in fact die shortly after arriving, the vet report would have been very solid evidence to stand on when trying to get a refund.

Old 09-02-2017, 12:37 AM   #42
bcr229
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donald C View Post
If the animal was sick and it did in fact die shortly after arriving, the vet report would have been very solid evidence to stand on when trying to get a refund.
A necropsy would also help. Yes they are expensive but if someone with more experience than I had said that the critter might be sick with a contagious illness you can bet I'd get it done.

Old 09-02-2017, 09:00 AM   #43
Snake-Queen
It is possible the dragon showed no symptoms of being ill before being shipped, shipping is stressful and stress can cause an illness to present itself when there were no indications it was sick.
I recommend having a necropsy performed, especially since you have other dragons. Illness can spread quickly through them. The symptoms you described could be a few things, all are very contagious.

Provided proof is shown that the animal is dead, a full refund (including shipping) is due. A customer should never be responsible for a seller sending out an ill animal.

Old 09-04-2017, 08:32 AM   #44
bklynsfinest312
At first reading this I believed snared99 was in the wrong. But I have to say to the op you never even gave him a chance to make things right before starting a claim and bashing him on Facebook. You need to at least give the seller a chance to make it right before writing bad reviews. Which I do think he would of, considering he offered a refund and there still has not been any proof the dragon was even sick or did die. The OP had plenty of time to write bad reviews and have people write up a bad guy BOI but could not post a single pic of the dead dragon? That seems odd IMO and even if the seller was wrong I feel the buyer went about everything the wrong way and should of just accepted the refund she was offered.

Old 09-04-2017, 09:28 AM   #45
Snake-Queen
Repeated requests for more information and pictures from the OP have been ignored. I have no doubt the dragon is/was ill or in distress, the one picture shows a very distressed dragon.

Old 09-04-2017, 09:35 AM   #46
Snake-Queen
I didn't finish my thought before I hit enter.

The OP never gave the seller a chance to rectify the situation before posting bad guy posts everywhere. Those actions are enough for me to never sell to the OP, for if something goes wrong, they will not give you a chance to fix it.

Old 09-04-2017, 09:42 AM   #47
bklynsfinest312
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snake-Queen View Post
I didn't finish my thought before I hit enter.

The OP never gave the seller a chance to rectify the situation before posting bad guy posts everywhere. Those actions are enough for me to never sell to the OP, for if something goes wrong, they will not give you a chance to fix it.
Exactly for example sometimes things happen during shipping. If that did happen i wouldnt just start writing bad guy posts i would try to work it out with the seller first. I dont think the op went about doing this the right way.

Sent from my SM-G925P using Tapatalk

Old 09-04-2017, 10:08 AM   #48
Donald C
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snake-Queen View Post
Repeated requests for more information and pictures from the OP have been ignored. I have no doubt the dragon is/was ill or in distress, the one picture shows a very distressed dragon.
I have a very hard time identifying the sick/distressed beardie as the one that seller sent. The single picture of the OP posted makes it very difficult to compare with the seller's picture of the animal.

That, combined with the lack of responses by the OP to prove her allegations don't sit well with me. I smell the distinct odor of a drive-by BOI smear attempt. I could be wrong, but the lack of responses is highly suspicious to me.

Old 09-04-2017, 12:28 PM   #49
Snake-Queen
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donald C View Post
I have a very hard time identifying the sick/distressed beardie as the one that seller sent. The single picture of the OP posted makes it very difficult to compare with the seller's picture of the animal.

That, combined with the lack of responses by the OP to prove her allegations don't sit well with me. I smell the distinct odor of a drive-by BOI smear attempt. I could be wrong, but the lack of responses is highly suspicious to me.
I agree, her picture doesn't show any identifying pattern to compare with the picture the seller provided. The color is roughly the same, but that isn't conclusive evidence.

I got the same drive-by feeling as well.

There hasn't been enough proof provided to make a conclusion, other than the buyer jumped the gun.

Old 09-04-2017, 09:35 PM   #50
elena
No picture of dead animal, no refund deserved. Period. Not to mention that Pat Kline already tried to refund her.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Tags
snared99