Malaysia - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - General Discussion Forums > Field Collecting/Observing

Notices

Field Collecting/Observing Sightings of herps in the wild, where-tos and how-tos, as well as photos of herps in their native environment.

Old 08-20-2006, 09:21 PM   #1
caliscott
Malaysia

I went to malaysia for two weeks and got in some herping. We caught lots of geckos. The first picture is of a four clawed gecko - remarkable because it has spines on its tail

The next photo is of a common taiwanese toad.

Finally, an Asian Water Monitor. I came across a place that was full of them on a solo hike. I only saw 2'-3' footers. When I came back the next day with a noose and some raw chicken necks, I only found the six footers. My son, never having seen the movie Jaws, said "Dad, We're going to need a bigger noose". Needless to say, I just took the photos!
Attached Images

Old 08-21-2006, 03:25 PM   #2
evansnakes
That is neat. It is kind of scary these days thinking about places in the world like Malaysia that are Islamic and have a great deal of anger with Americans. We may not have too many opportunities to get to see those kinds of parts of the world due to politics. A sad thought really.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!