Is this a rex rat? - Page 3 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Mammals > General Discussions

Notices

General Discussions This is a general purpose forum open to all topics related to Mammals.

Old 11-09-2009, 02:05 PM   #21
cowgirl77
Yes some Hairlesses have NO whiskers, NOt saying they do not, BUT its a myth that TRUE hairlesses dont have whiskers, cause they still do.... BUT yes some do not.... ANd Shadera, you may have a hairless gene somewhere then...the thing is, if you get a hairless gene rat....and breed it to a normal, you will not have ANY hairless....but they will still be somewhat hariless carriers, and look normal, SO if you breed two hairless carriers together, you CAN produce some hairlesses.... SO you may have regular haired rats, that are carrying the hairless gene somewhere along the lines, and by luck, you found with no clue, two rats you put together that BOTH had the hairless gene.... And the hairless male you mated now, you MUST have mated with a hairless carrier....please visit my website, BUt thats pretty cool! Hope you remember what female produced the hairless pups!! The thing is though, dont know if its true or not, or just certain snakes who didnt like the hairless rats, but is it true snakes dont usually like the hairless rats? interested in knowing this?!??! I know a couple people (rescues I got in) that said their snake wouldnt eat em!! Anyways GREAT luck on everything!! I closed my rattery last month, due to getting some ODD aniamls, that didnt fit well with my ratties!!!

Old 11-09-2009, 02:10 PM   #22
cowgirl77
If you go on my website, and go to hairless rat care and info, I have truths and myths on there, and one asks about no eyelashes and whiskers, and the ture answer is this...
3. Rarely True. Hairless rats without eyelashes and whiskers do exist, but this is a severe fault and would disqualify a rat at a rat show. Hairless rats should have no body hair, but should have eyelashes and whiskers, and may have “peach fuzz” on the face.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!