Plants - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Iguanas & Monitors Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 02-25-2006, 02:29 PM   #1
number1steakfan
Plants

i have a juv. iguana in a 55 gal. and I started to grow grass in a tub but im only going to put it on 1/2, and have a peat moss soil mix on the other side but i was wondering what plants are good to put in there that are not toxic to my iguana, i would like to put at least 3 different species of plant.

Old 02-25-2006, 09:49 PM   #2
coyote
The iguana will have the "lawn" trashed within a week. It will also eat any non-toxic plants, so you will be replacing them regularly. It will actually eat any plant you put in there, toxic or not. Non-toxic does not necessarily equate with EDIBLE.

Do a browser search on edible houseplants. I am pretty sure that you can find a link at www.anapsid.org.

I have a few spider plants. They are non-toxic. I let my iguana eat the occasional spider "pup".

Old 02-26-2006, 02:54 PM   #3
number1steakfan
i just add a dracena and 2 spider plants to the cage ill see how he does with it but im stilling waiting on the grass to grow

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!