Bad Guy Steve Lloyd [Vfxsteve1815] - Page 7 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 11-02-2016, 12:48 PM   #61
Black Adder
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy27012 View Post
You will need to follow up with your credit card company, PayPal does not cover live animals under their refund policies. That being said, the animal was obviously ill prior to being shipped.
that is a very outdated thought, since paypal got "divorced" from ebay they have been much more accomadating.
"live animals" is not really a factor now as long as the rest of the terms were clear and if it is a case of buyer did not receive what he paid for then it will be reviewed and assessed like any other purchase

Old 11-02-2016, 01:18 PM   #62
Andy27012
Here is a current link from PayPal clearly stating they do not cover live animal purchases. Even if as you said PayPal did cover said purchases the animals were accurately represented prior to shipping, they were just sold sick. I'm not saying it's right but as the saying goes, "buyer beware".
https://www.paypal.com/us/selfhelp/a...rvices-FAQ2091

Old 11-02-2016, 01:54 PM   #63
Black Adder
Quote:
Here is a current link from PayPal clearly stating they do not cover live animal purchases. Even if as you said PayPal did cover said purchases the animals were accurately represented prior to shipping, they were just sold sick. I'm not saying it's right but as the saying goes, "buyer beware".
Lets not derail this thread but regardless of whatever statement you may find there are PLENTY of people recently who have successfully had a claim upheld by PayPal on live reptile purchases, just search some of the paypal threads here.
Animals were NOT accurately described at all......did seller state they were infested in mites? Did seller state the female was already knocking at deaths door?
I feel op has a very good case for a refund through PayPal as "items not being as described".
Lets wait and see the outcome.
Thank you

Old 11-02-2016, 01:54 PM   #64
Andy_G
Quote:
Many people have had success getting their money back through paypal as evidenced by other BOI's on fauna, and I would also disagree that the animals were accurately represented as she was stated to be just "in shed" with no other issues.

Old 11-02-2016, 02:12 PM   #65
Lucille
There have in fact been positive outcomes for a wronged buyer in the last year or so of escalation of a Paypal case involving live animals.
Buyer's CC company requested that Paypal be tried first, so whatever the outcome, it is reasonable for him to proceed in this manner.

Old 11-02-2016, 02:14 PM   #66
Lucille
From the buyer:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acrimonious View Post
I've contacted my credit card company and they have suggested to try through PayPal first and if that fails to contact them back to dispute it.

Old 11-02-2016, 04:01 PM   #67
Mistyck
I read through the thread fairly quickly, but didn't see it (could be wrong and if I am, please correct me) Why did you pay the paypal fee? Even if it were for an "EBAY" transaction, sellers are NOT to request that the buyer pay the fee. That is a Sellers fee to eat for having the ability to use paypal. You as a BUYER do not have fees and do NOT have to pay those fees. You should not have gone through with the deal since he asked you to specifically pay for those fees (which is against TOS of paypal.)

Also, that snake looked bad from the picture of his that you posted. I wouldn't have gone through with the deal just based on that picture. I have no belief that he thought the snake was fine, and then the fact that he told you that sometimes he's had people say that the animal has gotten mites in shipment? Never heard of that phenomenon.

Sorry to hear of the snake's passing, but this guy is not going to make good on anything because I feel as if his thinking is; he's gotten the money and you got at least one good snake out of it, so you're owed nothing.

Better luck next time.

Old 11-03-2016, 07:38 AM   #68
Acrimonious
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mistyck View Post
I read through the thread fairly quickly, but didn't see it (could be wrong and if I am, please correct me) Why did you pay the paypal fee? Even if it were for an "EBAY" transaction, sellers are NOT to request that the buyer pay the fee. That is a Sellers fee to eat for having the ability to use paypal. You as a BUYER do not have fees and do NOT have to pay those fees. You should not have gone through with the deal since he asked you to specifically pay for those fees (which is against TOS of paypal.)

Better luck next time.

I hope that since this is against PayPal TOS that it will bolster my position. My disappointment is immense, but I take satisfaction in the fact that any future potential buyer will be able to search this thread and make their decision based on the contents of it.

I wouldn't buy a snake from Steve again with someone else's money, and unfortunately I cannot make any further purchases from anyone without references/BOI to back them up. It's things like this that hinder our hobby. Start-ups and new breeders need someone to take a chance on them, and now there is one less person that is willing to do that.

Old 11-03-2016, 10:30 AM   #69
Robert Walker
Quote:
Start-ups and new breeders need someone to take a chance on them, and now there is one less person that is willing to do that.
I will check with Rich, but I would like to put a Sticky thread up related to this exact subject. To build up a reputation both in your Fauna profile and on the BOI, you don't need someone to take a chance on you as a seller first. Instead build up your reputation as a "Buyer" first. When you buy from others here, you need to specifically ask them to rate you on the BOI and trader rating system. Don't hope that they will do it, ask them to do it.

You can build up a great rating "First", then others will have confidence in you as a Seller "Secondly".
Need a cage? Need rodents? Need a breeder male? Buy all three of those things from 3 separate established individuals here on Fauna. Execute 3 separate successful transactions. Ask those 3 people for ratings and a BOI report.

Presto, you suddenly have something to show for yourself versus when people expect to come here and instantly start selling with zero track record of anything.

You (generic "you") are going to buy this stuff anyways... people should build their reputations in the process! Here is a great example. Pet Kingdom simply asked people for reviews and presto, 3 pages worth.

Anyways, I can go on and on, but I'll save that for the Sticky thread later. I hope this makes sense.
Attached Images

Old 11-03-2016, 12:00 PM   #70
Mistyck
Quote:
I hope that since this is against PayPal TOS that it will bolster my position. My disappointment is immense, but I take satisfaction in the fact that any future potential buyer will be able to search this thread and make their decision based on the contents of it.
Nice comment, but you still didn't answer my question. Why did you pay the paypal fee that the seller requested you pay? You even questioned him, and still paid it. I want to know your thinking behind that.

It doesn't really bolster your position, but does show that to get what you want, you were willing to do whatever was asked of you. Which isn't always a good thing.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!