David Beard send me my snake!!!!!!!! - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 01-12-2005, 03:37 PM   #1
serpentboy78
Thumbs down David Beard send me my snake!!!!!!!!

Ok I did not think i would have to be retracting my statements about my expectations of mine and David's deal.... he recived my snake this morning an AZ.mt king adult male... He emails me and says I sent him a pic of another snake that the 1 sent is not the 1 in the pic i showed him. He is saying that the snake I sent him is so unhealthy and skinny the he can see the bones in his skull.....etc..etc.... No.... Now I told David the king has been cooling for right at 90 days now.....& was in perfect health and weight when I put him down....I admit the snake may of not held all his weight in cooling but he is no way in the condition David is saying he is... He says otherwise.... Now here is where I think the problem lies he says he is keeping my snake until in inproves,then he will make good on our trade,or for me to send him $$$ to have him sent back which I dont think I should do pay another $38 to have him sent back because he is now unhappy with the deal..... I ask of you ppl of this board correct me if im wrong and God knows I will stand corrected..... But like I said if he is not happy with the deal......David Step away from the comp go to fedex and send me my snake back..... @ your expense.....Looking forward to this being another lon drawn out on going thread.... All I want is for David to send my snake back..... Not here to badmouth or be badmouthed for that matter either,just asking for the input of the many many ppl on this board daily.... Thanx... Mike
Attached Images

Old 01-12-2005, 03:41 PM   #2
serpentboy78
forgot last name sorry

Thanx.... Mike Clark

Old 01-12-2005, 03:52 PM   #3
DAND
Correct me if I misunderstood your post. The picture you have posted was an old picture taken prior to the snake's 3 month fast? If that is the case why wouldn't you have taken an updated picture that represented how the snake looked now?.

Old 01-12-2005, 03:58 PM   #4
serpentboy78
you are correct

Dand that is a pic taken the day I put him down to cool. You are right I should of snapped a here & now pic ,but there is really no diffrence I showed the pic to David he seemed stoked and said lets roll with it... Now this is where I can see I made a mistake had I taken a pic I would not be having this problem..... Thanx...... Mike Clark

Old 01-12-2005, 03:59 PM   #5
Mark and Aimee
Quote:
I admit the snake may of not held all his weight in cooling but he is no way in the condition David is saying he is...
If the snake was cooled properly, it should not have lost weight. Maybe you can provide some details about how you cooled the snake?

The picture you've posted above - is it the same picture you sent to David?

If that's what the snake was supposed to look like, David shouldn't have any complaints (looks like a healthy snake from here).

But if David posts pictures of the snake, and it is as emaciated as he says, the animal was misrepresented.

I'm honestly not sure why this is on the BOI already. It does not appear to be a good guy, bad guy, or inquiry post.

Old 01-12-2005, 04:00 PM   #6
robin d.
if he feels you sent him a subpar animal then you pay shipping back to you (i am sure david can provide pics) or between the two of you you decide how much the subpar animal is worth and keep in consideration of what the trade is worth. so either you take a partial trade, he pays you cash or he sends the snake back at your expense (as long as proof is provided). if he feels the animal is in no shape to shipagain and you
request the immediate return, if by some chance the snakes dies it is your lose not his (as long as the snakes was packaged properly).
now if nothing is wrong with the snake at all and he wants to return it then it would be at his expense.
but like i said if it is subpar animal it is your expense not his

Old 01-12-2005, 04:01 PM   #7
Mark and Aimee
Quote:
The picture you've posted above - is it the same picture you sent to David?
My apologies, you answered that question while I was asking it .

It would be great if you had a current picture of the animal taken before it was sent out.

Old 01-12-2005, 04:09 PM   #8
serpentboy78
cooling

How I cooled him... Well I fed him heavily then put him in the cold room and shut the lights off..... Pretty Much the same way you or anyone cools their snakes..... I am waiting for David to post this as he called it bag of bones... & im sure he will........ Here is his email I got @ the time of delivery...

Hello Mike. I received the King at 9:30 this
morning......I have to say I am not pleased with his
condition. He is very emaciated......I can see the
bones in his skull and his backbone is protruding. Did
you say you were brumating this animal? I hope not,
because this snake is in no condition for brumation.
When was the last time this snake ate? The snake you
showed me a picture of is not what you sent me.....the
snake in the picture was healthy, the snake you sent
me is a bag of bones. Please help me understand the
situation.

David Beard
..... & for robin s. There is no way the snake will die in transit. He is just fine to be shipped or I would not have shipped him.... Pe@ce..... Mike Clark

Old 01-12-2005, 04:29 PM   #9
serpentboy78
Mark & Amie

This is an inquiry.... I am inquiring the opinion of the readers of this site about the shipping costs and who Should be responsible for them? When he posts pix and if Most of you say I should stand corrected and pay shipping again for the snake back to me then That's what I will do... I most likely have no other choice regardless right.....? Mike Clark

Old 01-12-2005, 05:07 PM   #10
chaotic9
i'll see the snake tonight and get pics of it. i'll post the pics to the thread if you like.

it's a tough call, but if the snake's appearance is drastically different than the pic you sent, i'd say you should pay shipping to get the snake back. i don't care either way since it wasnt my deal, but i'll snap some pics and post them.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!