Inquiry Swanees Exotics (Nate Swanson) - Page 5 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 05-02-2009, 11:21 AM   #41
Sihk
I would like to add that people today do not lighten up nearly enough =] Thus why we do not live full, happy and healthy lives filled with laughing and joy =D
And now I will be exiting this thread so I can keep my peace and happiness instead of letting people try to suck it from me from the safety of their computer screens ;]
Besides! northwest Frog Fest is today!! =D so excited.
Don't buy from Swannees exotics. Settled! Everyone knows!
I have spread the knowledge of what I have witnessed with my own 2 eyes as I live 30 minutes from this guy, and now my purpose is done! Other then being heckled for buying from him ONCE because I did not know better at the time. I feel great! And ready to face a new day.
Yay for happy people.

Old 05-02-2009, 11:31 AM   #42
TrulyRare
Nothing makes not taking care of your stock ok. I'm just saying, if that bothered her so much I would never suggest going to a warehouse. And the impluse buy wasn't directed at you per say but thanks for responding.

Warehouses loose a lot of animals and keep them in not so good conditions but these are some of the people supplying pet stores and pet stores is where a lot of buyers get their stuff from, it's a circle of chain of events.

And Yep, your right Aaron, this isn't a game as this affects someone's sales, and such and never should be anything anyone says be lied about, because it might affect how they feed their family. Just like with my friends who live in AL, this is how they make their living...and saying things to hurt someone isn't right, not saying these ladies are doing so, just making a over all general point on the entire BOI.

Old 05-02-2009, 11:42 AM   #43
rosebud945
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrulyRare View Post
And Yep, your right Aaron, this isn't a game as this affects someone's sales, and such and never should be anything anyone says be lied about, because it might affect how they feed their family. Just like with my friends who live in AL, this is how they make their living...and saying things to hurt someone isn't right, not saying these ladies are doing so, just making a over all general point on the entire BOI.
I do wonder about your motive in this thread Sonnie, because if this is true, then why do I not see you interrogating every poster in BOI about their grievances with sellers? This thread was started by the OP to get actual experiences with the seller in question, so why do you feel compelled to defend this particular seller so vehemently? Do you have a good experience that you would like to share? If so, do so by all means!

I am with you Aaron! I have presented my honest opinion here based on my observation as a buyer, and I stand by my advice not to buy from this seller. End of story.

Old 05-02-2009, 11:50 AM   #44
TrulyRare
I've talked with Nate about different animals and he is a honest good guy. I've never been to his house, but...it seemed someone took this more as a joke and was trying to see the basis of such an accussion. Cause anything you post on the BOI, isn't a joke or should never been taken so.

Old 05-03-2009, 03:23 PM   #45
theperfectlestat
I was at Nate's house yesterday, and took pictures. I have no idea what people are talking about when they say his animals are kept in poor conditions. None of the cages were crowded. Everyone had clean water, was well fed and healthy, and most of them even had live plants or fully planted tanks. He left me alone with my camera. Here's what I have.

Old 05-03-2009, 07:41 PM   #46
lnlexotics
I have done business with Nate a few times, and have 100% confidence in him. Aslways helpful and available and encourage anyone interested in purchasing from him to do so. Never once have I had any problem at all. In response to the Collared lizard, these animals can be VERY AGGRESSIVE, and any injury is possible when two are placed in close proximity. A gravid female of this species will occasionally have a poor batch of eggs, and is not always due to poor supplementation.
Thomas Lupold
LNL Exotics

Old 05-03-2009, 07:59 PM   #47
rosebud945
Quote:
In response to the Collared lizard, these animals can be VERY AGGRESSIVE, and any injury is possible when two are placed in close proximity.
Yeah, but if one gets an infected foot from a fight, ya don't send it out to a paying customer, do ya?

Old 05-03-2009, 08:17 PM   #48
lnlexotics
Quote:
Originally Posted by rosebud945 View Post
Yeah, but if one gets an infected foot from a fight, ya don't send it out to a paying customer, do ya?
It may have happened in transport, or prior to shipping, and swelling or infections don't happen automatically. Sometimes it takes time after an injury for some signs and symptoms to be present. At any rate, she was refunded, and this is just an unfourtunate event that does happen from time to time. I believe it is unfair to have such an uproar over something like this. Everyone in this business has had one thing or another go wrong with an animal, shipment, or payment coming in or being recieved. It doens't make someone a "Bad Guy" because of it. We'd all be lying if any of us said "Everything I do is perfect, and bad things NEVER happen."

Old 05-04-2009, 06:07 AM   #49
snakewrangler
Good husbandry or not, this guy was trying to make a buck off of illegally poached wildlife. I'll pass on purchasing from him.

Old 05-04-2009, 06:26 AM   #50
lnlexotics
illegaly poached?
let's see some proof before you go about making accusations.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!