Bad Guy Kevin Rivera stole my snake! - Page 6 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 05-22-2018, 09:51 PM   #51
Runs_With_Wolves
1. I over reacted. I know I over reacted. I was just so excited for her, had already picked a name. Some people may see this as me not getting a product. I saw this as being denied an adoption. The police aren't going to do a thing.

2. First thing I did when asking about the snake was ask if he would ship her. I saw he was selling local, so I asked if he was willing to ship. He readily agreed.

3. I don't know shit about shipping. That's why I sent him a video from someone who does know how.

4. I was willing to let his friend drive her up, but it was starting to look like it was falling through. And shipping is faster, the snake would not be boxed up as long. And who knows what his friend would do. He could have left her in a 100+ degree car while getting lunch. I thought shipping would be safer with the least amount of unknowns.

5. He states that the reason he stopped the transaction was because I was disrespectful. What? Apparently the word "Fine" is disrespectful.

6. When I called him, I was respectful. I called him sir and Mr. Rivera. He was blunt, rude, and hung up on me. And that was before I texted him about the police.

7. He broke a contract. Who's to say he wont again. I hope his snakes sell, but I hope this doesn't happen to anyone else.

8. I am new at all of this. He said he was getting out of the hobby. This indicated he was experienced. He should know more and informed me if something was wrong.

9. I agree that giving criticism without advice is wrong.

10. Lets not bring racism and such into this please.

11. Once again, I did not pressure him. I asked him if he would be willing to ship and he said yes. If he didn't know how to ship, then he should have just told me. I wouldn't have bothered and could have gone on looking at different snakes. I believe he was trying to sound more experienced than what he really was. Hell, I was as well.

12. If anyone has any tips, tricks, or must know info about snakes and buying and shipping. Please feel free to inform me. I am ready and willing for constructive criticism.

Old 05-22-2018, 09:57 PM   #52
BobO'Booey
Now I'm the bad guy? Well by all means keep

Old 05-22-2018, 10:08 PM   #53
Snake-Queen
Emily, research, research, research.

Google shipping snakes, there are several reputable companies that facilitate the shipping of reptiles & they have instructions on doing so.

Key wording in his ad indicated his reluctance to ship, "selling locally".

Hot hands (hand warmers) & Uniheat are two separate things, one is safe for animals, one is not. Though they may look similar.

Like you, he may have only bought snakes & never had to ship.

Old 05-22-2018, 10:18 PM   #54
elena
Emily, this is not the first time that you've thrown money down without doing your research. Here is a thread you started in which it is revealed that you bought a non-feeder baby of a difficult-to-start species, without doing any research as to how to get her started. You also don't listen when experienced individuals try to help.

http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...d.php?t=643956

There is another in which you reveal that you did not source feeder lizards before buying this snake.

http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...d.php?t=653319

You can't expect the seller to sit down and explain everything to you, especially if you DON'T ASK, This whiny thread with bogus legal threats just put you on the Do Not Sell to List.

not researching and putting the animals first + unjustly damaging a seller's reputation = don't sell to

Old 05-22-2018, 10:18 PM   #55
Stephenson8011
So he’s not familiar with the shipping process and is concerned about the snakes welfare so he refunds all your money and you claim theft?

In my opinion this is so ignorant I hope 5.0 charges you with filing a false police report

Old 05-22-2018, 10:27 PM   #56
Runs_With_Wolves
Quote:
Originally Posted by elena View Post
Emily, this is not the first time that you've thrown money down without doing your research. Here is a thread you started in which it is revealed that you bought a non-feeder baby of a difficult-to-start species, without doing any research as to how to get her started. You also don't listen when experienced individuals try to help.

http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...d.php?t=643956

There is another in which you reveal that you did not source feeder lizards before buying this snake.

http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...d.php?t=653319

You can't expect the seller to sit down and explain everything to you, especially if you DON'T ASK, This whiny thread with bogus legal threats just put you on the Do Not Sell to List.

not researching and putting the animals first + unjustly damaging a seller's reputation = don't sell to
I've owned grey bands before. Not a nonfeeder. I had heard they were super hard when babies but figured I could handle it. I don't blame that guy for my inexperience and over confidence. She's doing perfect now, btw. I have a good supply of geckos for her and she's growing nicely.

I am not innocent in all this, but neither is Mr. Rivera. If he treats other buyers the way he treated me, than his reputation is already in the trash.

Mr. Rivera was rude to me and insulting. When on the phone with him, his language turned colorful.

I'm not expecting for a seller to walk me through this. I'm expecting a seller to know what he is doing.

Old 05-22-2018, 10:33 PM   #57
Runs_With_Wolves
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephenson8011 View Post
So he’s not familiar with the shipping process and is concerned about the snakes welfare so he refunds all your money and you claim theft?

In my opinion this is so ignorant I hope 5.0 charges you with filing a false police report
The police were very nice with me and I called them first before getting my refund. So at that time, it was a theft. He claimed he would return the money, but refused to talk to me on the phone. When he returned the money, I informed the police of this, but I had already made the report. Also, he broke a contract by withdrawing. Technically I could sue him for that. ( Which would be the definition of a frivolous lawsuit.)

I was also concerned about the snake, which is why I did not want his friend to drive her. If he had told me no in the beginning instead of after I had already paid for her (and was in the process of paying for her shipping) than that would have been fine.

Old 05-22-2018, 10:37 PM   #58
Stephenson8011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucille View Post
You did not. The UCC specifies that when delivery is part of the deal, title does not pass until delivery (exactly where that is depends on the specifics of the delivery agreement). The other party may have breached the contract but you have not yet acquired ownership.

Backing out of an agreement is not good, but if the seller was unfamiliar with shipping and especially if he had the animal's best interests in mind, I too can understand how he made that choice.

You got some solid legal advice in this post. Since delivery was part of the sale then there was NO ownership on your part and there was NO binding contract that was broken.

You might want to realize this at some point

Old 05-22-2018, 10:41 PM   #59
Stephenson8011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Runs_With_Wolves View Post

Mr. Rivera was rude to me and insulting. When on the phone with him, his language turned colorful.
Also do you have proof of this? If so post it so it will change my perception of this scenario. Right now this is laughable

Old 05-22-2018, 10:42 PM   #60
Runs_With_Wolves
Quote:
Originally Posted by elena View Post
You also don't listen when experienced individuals try to help.
I am open to constructive criticism, but this? This I take offense to. I listen to what more experinced people had to say. Did what the though best. I agree getting a nonfeeder was a bad idea, but of I had not listened to them as you seem to think, then my little grey abnd would be dead.

You may think you know all about me from browsing my posts, but you don't. I called people. PMed others. Went down and talked face to face with a grey banded breeder. So don't go spewing shit about how I don't listen to my betters. I do and I take every info they give me, double check it, and then use it.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!