Andre McCalister aka: New Concept Reptiles (inquiry) - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 09-20-2005, 01:12 PM   #1
pch101
Question Andre McCalister aka: New Concept Reptiles (inquiry)

Does anyone know this person, or how to get it touch with him. I am having no luck reaching him by phone or e-mail with the contact information that I currently have. Also, if anyone could relate any dealings they have had with him, I would really appreciate it. Thanks for your time.

Old 09-20-2005, 01:13 PM   #2
pch101
He is on the east coast in one of the Carolinas...

Old 09-20-2005, 03:58 PM   #3
Clay Davenport
When I did a trade with Andre he was somewhere in SC btu I don't believe he was on the coast. I can't remember where he was exactly, it's been 3 or 4 years ago.
We did a trade and he was to send me a trio of high white California kings.
He used the cheaper deli cups and failed to tape the lids down for shipping, and as a result two of the kings escaped during transit. One was still in the box, between the styrofoam and the box but the other was just gone.
We decided he would just send me the value of the lost snake rather than ship one of mine back to me. It was 80 or 100 dollars I forget which. He never sent the money and pretty much stopped replying to emails so I wrote it off as a bad deal after 3 or 4 months.
Oddly about a year later he contacted Rich, the owner of this site and explained to him that he owed me money and asked if he would get in touch with me, which he did.
I emailed him again to give him my contact information, but never received a reply.
That's just my one time experience with Andre. He was good to talk to over the phone, and seemed to be a nice guy. I just consider him somewhat irresponsible in following up on our situation and as a result wouldn't buy anything from him myself or trade with him unless he shipped the animals to me before I completed my end of the deal.

Old 09-20-2005, 05:17 PM   #4
pch101
Thanks Clay, that helps a lot. I am sorry things did not work out better for you.

Old 09-21-2005, 03:52 PM   #5
J_Romley
You don't remember Andre James? He was a member of SDHS for a long time. I bought and sold a few animals with him. He's an African American guy retired Navy, and I think kept mainly colubrids. Been a while since we spoke. How are you?
Joe Romley

Old 09-21-2005, 04:04 PM   #6
pch101
I thought the name rang a bell with me from the SDHS, but I could not put a face to the name. Thanks Joe.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!