Bad Guy Adam Wysocki 8 Ball Pythons - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 11-02-2010, 09:03 PM   #1
Cp3_Pythons
Adam Wysocki 8 Ball Pythons

This thread is over due by a long shot I've tried numerous time's for several months to get ahold of Adam Wysocki of 8 Ball Pythons regarding a Normal Female I purchased from him at the Richmond Reptile Expo on 03/28/2010
I have yet to recive a return phone call or email from him regarding the Female I purchased from him.

A few days after having the Female Bp in my care I started to notice that she had a wobble to her. I found this weird as she would climb she would twirl as if she was going in circles. Her movement got worse over the time of 2 weeks as if she had no control to which way she would go.
After having her for a month I was doing my daily rounds and found her in the water bowl.
The reason for the thread is that Ive tried every way possible to get ahold of Adam Wysocki Phone calls Emails Even tried contacting him on facebook before she passed away to let him know I was worried about her becuase of the way she moved she didnt look right to me at all.
She looked as if she was stuck in a daze.
I know its been awhile since the purchase of the Normal Female Ball Python I got from Adam Wysocki of 8 Ball Pythons. I still email him weekly regarding her and the situation and have yet to recive any sort of return contact from Adam.
I dont know what to do or how to get ahold of him. As email and phone calls dont do it. I was hoping to see him at the Expo to pull him to the side and talk with him on the subject but He hasn't been there since 03/28/2010
And I dont know what to do or how to contact him as I've tried everyway I can think of to get ahold of him without any success.

I made previous purchase's from Adam and they went smoothly but the lack of communication and the Headache of trying to get ahold of him isn't worth it in the long run to me

Old 11-02-2010, 10:31 PM   #2
Dave26
Last I heard, Adam sold his collection and is no longer in the business.

Old 11-03-2010, 12:43 AM   #3
MikeRusso
If you purchased this snake at an expo didn't you have the chance to check it out in person prior to buying it? Was it OK when you purchased it.. Assuming it was, did adam offer any type of health guarantee?

I am not saying it's your fault that the snake died, but i am not sure Adam did anything wrong?? Although, of course I think it would be nice for Adam to call you back..

Sorry for your loss.

~ Mike Russo

Old 11-03-2010, 01:32 AM   #4
KLHReptiles
Hopefully she was in quarantine, sounds like symptoms of IBD

Old 11-03-2010, 01:40 AM   #5
SERPENTS DEN
Quote:
Originally Posted by KLHReptiles View Post
Hopefully she was in quarantine, sounds like symptoms of IBD
That's the same thing I was thinking.

Old 11-03-2010, 05:04 AM   #6
deborahbroadus
Quote:
Originally Posted by SERPENTS DEN View Post
That's the same thing I was thinking.
While the wobble has been documented even in Pins; that was my first thought, too.

I am sorry the snake passed away of unknown causes, but why didn't you get a necropsy? Did you take any pictures? Do you have any evidence (emails) showing your attempts to contact the seller?

Old 11-03-2010, 07:57 AM   #7
Focal
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave26 View Post
Last I heard, Adam sold his collection and is no longer in the business.
Sounds like what someone would do if the whole collection was infected with IBD. Followed by not answering or returning contact from a bunch of pissed off people.

Old 11-03-2010, 08:52 AM   #8
JudyC
Quote:
Originally Posted by Focal X View Post
Sounds like what someone would do if the whole collection was infected with IBD. Followed by not answering or returning contact from a bunch of pissed off people.
That's a HUGE stretch. IBD is actually not nearly as common as people like to claim it is and there are a lot of other reasons a snake might display such symptoms. If Adam's collection had had such an illness, he would NOT have sold them off, he would have put them down. He never had boas or dealt with them in any way, either. He was strictly a ball-python guy. And he sold off his business to focus on congressional lobbying to help protect YOUR rights to own your snakes. Since then, other personal issues have apparently come up that I'm not privy to. I won't pretend to understand why Adam won't return communication with a former customer, but I also won't sit back and watch people who don't know him try to ramp up the fear mongering rumor mills by making such unsubstantiated statements.

Old 11-03-2010, 09:11 AM   #9
Focal
Ok, it might not be the case, but you can't say it isn't possible. Maybe not possible for him, I don't know him. I was just the victim of someones "going out of business" sale and it ended in the same way this did. I respect you sticking up for your friend, but if someone made that comment about me in a BOI thread, I would be more likely to reply to it then to continue to ignore the situation.

It has been 7 months. Plus he has a wee bit of a history:

http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...d.php?t=136776

http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...d.php?t=185856

Old 11-03-2010, 09:13 AM   #10
Focal
Oh, and rumor has it he is still attending shows.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!