Bad Guy REPTI RACKS - Page 8 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 11-08-2010, 01:18 AM   #71
gshearman
IM DONE WITH THIS I REALY HOPE NONE OF YOU EVER GO THROUGH THIS THEN YOU WOULD UNDERSTAND BUY HIS HIS PRODUCT IF YOU THINK ITS GREAT WHEN YOU BUY BRAND NEW CAGES GET THEM HOME AND THE FALL APART I TOLD YOU SO HAVE A GOOD NIGHT

Old 11-08-2010, 01:20 AM   #72
blueangel817
we have called and left messages thanks on your phone but you never called back

Old 11-08-2010, 01:26 AM   #73
repti-racks
Quote:
Originally Posted by blueangel817 View Post
we have called and left messages thanks on your phone but you never called back
You just asked for our number the other day to call me to get the address.

Here is the e-mail showing the date she asked for our phone number
Re: cages
Repti - Racks <sales@repti-racks.com>
Add to Contacts
To: Pamela <blue_angel_817@yahoo.com>
Ok that will be fine
817-576-2471

To: Repti - Racks <sales@repti-racks.com>
Sent: Sat, October 30, 2010 2:02:56 PM
Subject: Re: cages

Old 11-08-2010, 01:29 AM   #74
blueangel817
yes to compare it to the number we had and the number i have had was 817-479-7211 and then looked on your site and got the number and that was the i was calling and no one ever answered so my husband left messages with our numbers and we never heard anything back from you and i asked you for your number to make sure it was right

Old 11-08-2010, 01:34 AM   #75
repti-racks
That was our old number that's why we never got any messages.......And no we never had any messages from you on the new number only e-mails which we replied back to every time.

Old 11-08-2010, 01:36 AM   #76
blueangel817
we never left messages on that when we called it was not a working number thats when i looked on your site and got the right number and left messages but never got a call back thats why i emailed because that was the only way i could get a hold of you.

Old 11-08-2010, 01:40 AM   #77
repti-racks
Ok was it like today when you called and i was out and you didnt leave a message but instead sent us a e-mail about coming and then called back and i answered to give you the address.......

Old 11-08-2010, 01:49 AM   #78
blueangel817
nope was before that dont remember when but im sure i can get phone records of all the times we tried to call cant really get proof of leaving messages on my end though. but like gary i am done with this im not a arguing person or a fighting person just wish i would have listen to my husband and went with the cages he wanted to get then we wouldnt be dealing with this but will deal with the problem we still have on our own and fix it our self

Old 11-08-2010, 07:14 AM   #79
chazzz
Quote:
Originally Posted by blueangel817 View Post
nope was before that dont remember when but im sure i can get phone records of all the times we tried to call cant really get proof of leaving messages on my end though. but like gary i am done with this im not a arguing person or a fighting person just wish i would have listen to my husband and went with the cages he wanted to get then we wouldnt be dealing with this but will deal with the problem we still have on our own and fix it our self
To me what I have quoted in bold speaks volumes about what is really the driving force behind this thread. What I've gathered from this thread is that there is not just the buyer but her husband and cousin that all have a hand in this issue. I do understand wanting to be satisfied with the product you purchased but I fail to see where Steve has not done his job in making this situation right by you(3).

Even after being attacked in almost every post made by the OP's Steve has kept his composure and continues to offer his support if anymore issues need corrected.

I still see no evidence of this being a 6 month problem that happened when the cages arrived. There has been a lot and I mean an excessive amount of gripping for six months as stated over and over again. I don't doubt that for the past 6 months someone has been gripping between the 3 of you, probably closer to the arena of buyers remorse than a customer service issue.

Those cracks in the acrylic are stress cracks from to much force applied for whatever reason. No one but the owners know how those cracks were created and by there general attitude I don't see them coming forth with this information. Doesn't really matter because Steve fixed the 2 doors and the sag, and also replaced the bolts free of charge. Yes I know there were 3 doors that needed to be fixed but the OP's failed to mention that to Steve when he asked which is it 2 or 3 and they replied 2. So how can you blast him for not fixing something he wasn't aware of? I also find it odd that 3 doors have stress cracks in them on such thick acrylic. I wouldn't be surprised if the doors were taken off when they got the cages back home to be able to fit the cage into their wall. For what ever reason better access or the cages were easier to handle with the doors off, is all moot because they will not come forth with that info as it's clear they lay all the blame on Steve. To me this makes more sense especially since Steve fixed the doors they both worked fine before they left and when they get the cage home one of the doors doesn't work now.

If I were to guess the original poster (cousin) Gary is the one responsible for the construction job of fitting the cages into the wall. Of course this is all speculation and my opinion but it would make sense why he is so angry about this, maybe because he is the one that is having such a hard time completing his job and damaging cages at the same time. Now I would understand more why there would be 6 months of gripping and deflection from the real issue. To me the doors look like they were bolted way to tight after they were put back on.

I just don't see where Repti-Racks is a bad guy especially Steve not once has he said he wouldn't fix any issue even after all the attacks he received by someone who didn't even purchase the cage from him.

As I've said before there seems to be a lot of tension between the individuals that bought the cages and the blame has been shifted to Steve for whatever reason.

I'm not sure what you want from him other than the remark of wanting your money back (buyers remorse) as stated in one of the OP's posts. Steve has done everything I would expect him to do and has kept his cool and has dealt with this like a complete professional.

As for my experience with Steve has been nothing but positive. Although I have never purchased any of his cages but I have emailed him over a dozen times about quotes for custom sizes, possible trades, and so on. And I have always got an immediate reply with all the info I needed. They weren't just short half sentence reply's like a lot of people in this business do. My one purchase from Steve was a Red and White Amazon Tree Boa that is a corner stone in my breeding projects and has sired two litters for me. My experience with how the deal went couldn't have gone any smoother.

I planned on purchasing cages from Repti-Racks very soon, and in no way did this thread make me not want to do business with them. Actually just the opposite, seeing how Steve has handled himself like a true professional throughout this thread.

Like stated so many times before on the BOI it's not the problems that might happen with a purchase it's how those issues are dealt with that constitutes a good or bad guy.

Old 11-08-2010, 11:59 AM   #80
Patrick@ColorfulCreatures
I have met Steve a couple of times and bought a panther chameleon from him at the Arlington show and have seen his cages there myself and I'm planning to buy several in the near future, Steve's a really nice and standup guy which has been demonstrated in this thread. He's done nothing but fix the problem and I have to say it looks more like poor care of those cages than Steve's craftsmanship. The op problems have been addressed and taken care of, all this crying afterward seems to me also like buyers remorse. Steve is definitely one of the best in the business as far as caging goes and definitely one of the best as far as integrity. He will be for sure making several sales in the future to me and this thread, as previously stated in another post, will probably get him more sales than he loses.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!