Feeding Question - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Rosy, Sand, Ground Boas/Pythons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 10-01-2005, 07:32 PM   #1
Namazu
Question Feeding Question

Hi, I am new to this forum so please forgive me if this stuff has been covered far too much already. We have a neonate San Felipe RB, 5 weeks old tomorrow, about 12" long, and I wonder if I am feeding him correctly. He is taking a small pinky or hopper mouse every 3~4 days. Is this good, too much, or too little?

Thanks a lot, Namazu

Old 10-05-2005, 09:34 PM   #2
snakeyman
i would say that hoppers or a little larger would be best size because you want to be able to see a bulge in its tummy.. 3-4 days is the best to feed babies. my rosy is over 6 years old but i have other babies and they eat about that

Old 10-06-2005, 01:04 AM   #3
Junkyard
Hoppers? Thats seems a little too big for a 5 week old rosy. Do you mean fuzzy?

Old 10-06-2005, 06:05 PM   #4
snakeyman
hoppers arent that large.... but i would prolly be between the fuzzy and the hopper for a 5 week old unless it can eat larger

are you feeding live or f/t?

Old 10-07-2005, 11:20 PM   #5
Namazu
Still feeding live at this time. The mice have their eyes open and are fully furred but not weened. Although they run all over the place maybe 'hoppers' is the wrong word? He has no trouble getting them down at all.

*News Flash* 2nd shed last night!!!

Old 10-08-2005, 04:40 PM   #6
snakeyman
congradulations! they arent hoppers then hoppers are when they are jumping (litterally) like popcorn getting popped

if he doesnt have any trouble with them going down mabey you should up them a size and see how he does with that...

Old 10-09-2005, 12:26 PM   #7
Namazu
Wink

LOL, that's how our Red Tail Boa started out!

First it was pinkies, then small mice, momma mice, etc. and on and on to large rats. With the giant snakes there is a lot of peer pressure to get them as huge as possible. (I know, technically Boas are not GIANT snakes, but try explaining that to my wife. LOL)
Rosyboas peak out at around one meter long, so I don't pick up the same emphasis on physical size in any of the Rosy forums I've visited. Still, she has that look in her eye,"Here we go again." LOL

Old 10-10-2005, 01:21 PM   #8
snakeyman
lol

my rosy is 3 feet long and about 2 inch's girth at her thickest point. well if you have other snakes then you know the routean in the feeding and all that jazz

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!