getting " envenomated " can get you ........ - Page 12 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Venomous Snakes Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 03-04-2006, 11:11 PM   #111
WebSlave
Well, you know, when I read that post from Vinny that he had just had an accident, the thought that went through my mind was "That guy just isn't living right........" I think he needs to run to the pharmacy and get a heaping supply of Luck Changing pills.

Vinny, not downing you or anything, but I think you need to change something in your lifestyle. The way you are going, you're never going to live to see retirement age.

Old 03-05-2006, 02:53 AM   #112
ladyserpent7
are you kidding!! with god on his side like that..i think he might be the only one to reach retirement..sure he might be missing a couple of body parts..but still..haha im just playin vinny

Old 03-05-2006, 02:59 AM   #113
reptilebreeder
Quote:
Originally Posted by hhmoore
minor pelvic fractures might not lay him up too long (happens to women during childbirth all the time), but the fractured vertebrae should.
Don't have any experience with that Mechanism of Injury, I assume it's both isolated and "less severe". My experience is trauma related MOI's. Usually, not always (my experience), it takes a bit of trauma to fx a pelvis, and there is usually peripheral damage. I have known a person to be able to walk (with much pain, and only for very short distances), but none of them had fx vertebrae let alone four. I'm sceptical that someone broke their pelvis AND four vertebrae, and the same day? is posting on forums. I could be wrong though.

Old 03-05-2006, 03:03 AM   #114
reptilebreeder
Quote:
Originally Posted by ladyserpent7
here we go again..sigh does this poor guy have to defend every little statement..cut some slack boys
Every little statement, NO, but his posts from the gitgo have been very grandiose, or something. Maybe toned down posts would be a little more believable.

Old 03-05-2006, 07:00 PM   #115
Vinny D
yes, i did total my car and broke my pelvis. but not completley broke it in half so it only hurt's when i put pressure on my left leg. so why dont you ask before you post something like that. and i also broke 4 lower lumbars in my lower back. which dosent hurt that bad. only when i twist my back or bend over. i could walk just fine before the car accident. even though i was a starting point guard and quarterback through middle and high school years. so thanks for being so nice.

Old 03-05-2006, 07:08 PM   #116
Vinny D
thanks web slave. but i cant help it if some one cut;s right in front of me while im driving. accidents happen. either a car or snake bite. my life is good. except for the pain in my groin lol. but stuff happens. and for me to over come all of this makes me a strong person. unlike some of you who sit on the comp 24/7 trying to find 1 little thing that tryes to make you look better by putting me down. so are we going to start this again. i hope not!!! it was just a minor fracture to the left side of my pelvis which does really hurt. about the vroken vertabra in my back i might need surgery. but the doctors(people who know about this stuff. not you ppl) say thay think ill be ok. so please lets not all jump on vinny again ok. thanks for reading

Old 03-05-2006, 07:28 PM   #117
Vinny D
yes, im on some good pain killer's but i dont have a laptop yet. im getting one so i dont half to limp my a** to the comp room. the broken vertabra in my lower back isnt major or they would have alrady done surgery on it. it only hurts when i put pressure on my left leg, bend over or turn my back. sitting in the comp chair dosent hurt that bad. so do i half to appoligise for some 1 cutting me off. yes i was speeding, but i was only doing like 10 over the limit so it would have happened anyway or maybe not. i was driving and the on comming car didnt have his/her turn signal on so i didnt think anything of it. then they turned right in front of me. i had 2 choises hit the car or swirve to miss it so i swerved and lost control. i went through a fence and pushed a hugh a"" bolder about 15' give or take. when it was over i opened my eyes and all i could see was dust and the witnesses running to my car. the car that cut me off kept going and never came back. when EMT got their they had to cut my door off to get me out, even though my passinger side was fine. i dont know why i couldent get out that way. probly so i didnt get hurt anymore. so if you guys think i was wrong for getting into a car accident which waset my fault you have issues. thanks

Old 03-05-2006, 08:22 PM   #118
Lucille
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny D
yes, i did total my car and broke my pelvis. but not completley broke it in half so it only hurt's when i put pressure on my left leg. so why dont you ask before you post something like that. and i also broke 4 lower lumbars in my lower back. which dosent hurt that bad. only when i twist my back or bend over. i could walk just fine before the car accident. even though i was a starting point guard and quarterback through middle and high school years. so thanks for being so nice.
You are blessed. In my experience as a nurse, most fractures I have dealt with are accompanied by a lot of pain and swelling, so you are very lucky not to have those symptoms.

Old 03-05-2006, 08:26 PM   #119
crotalusadamanteus
I was sent another link from a friend. It's a Loma Linda U site on venom.
Pretty interesting read if you like this sort of stuff.

Loma Linda University

Rick

Old 03-05-2006, 08:27 PM   #120
Vinny D
thank you. i know i do have a little swelling and brusing around where my pelvis is fractured but not in my back. and if it wasent for the pain killers i wouldent be sitting on the comp right know lol thanks for your concern...

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!