The wild, wild, west! - Page 14 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Admin Area > FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum

Notices

FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum Anything of a nature concerning this website, moderators, admin, or anything having to do with how it is being run, should go here. Criticism is welcome, but abusive antagonism is not. THIS IS NOT THE FORUM FOR FEEDBACK CONCERNING BUYERS AND SELLERS! Such posts are ONLY allowed as replies to classified ads posted by the specific member involved in a specific issue with you.

Old 12-13-2006, 01:55 PM   #131
shrap
Quote:
Originally Posted by WebSlave
What was one of the aspects that the "wild, wild west" was infamously known for?
Midget villains?

Old 12-13-2006, 02:03 PM   #132
Shrillomn
Quote:
Been thinking about this thread a lot lately..... And had a rather interesting thought for a change around here....... Yeah my mind tends to wander quite a bit when I am feeding baby snakes.....

What was one of the aspects that the "wild, wild west" was infamously known for?

Ah yes - High Noon!

Old 12-13-2006, 02:54 PM   #133
Lucille
Here, from a site dedicated to the Wild Wild West, a review:

In his book on television dramas, Larry James Gianakos writes:

"The principal creative significance of this series rests in its construction of offbeat villains, who served as a perfect foil for the resourceful youthful protagonist. In their maleficent glory, madness became stylish; a sophistication to be intensely studied, if not--let the puritans gasp--emulated. Veteran Hollywood character actors went about their craft with a precision that could only have come from an adoration of inspired typecasting."

Old 12-13-2006, 02:59 PM   #134
Wilomn
Quote:
Been thinking about this thread a lot lately..... And had a rather interesting thought for a change around here....... Yeah my mind tends to wander quite a bit when I am feeding baby snakes.....

Dying in a single generation.

Old 12-13-2006, 03:43 PM   #135
kmurphy
Quote:
Misfits

Guns that never stopped shooting.

Bar room brawls

Outlaws and Bad Men

you also had guys like Wyatt Earp, the Texas Rangers and the Pinkertons to keep the above in line.

Old 12-13-2006, 03:48 PM   #136
Suncoast Herpetological
Quote:

Lynchings? Wait....we already have those, right Wes?

Old 12-13-2006, 03:51 PM   #137
kmurphy
Quote:
Dying in a single generation.
Doesn't everybody?

Old 12-13-2006, 08:40 PM   #138
Laura Fopiano
Quote:
American West produced many exciting heroes and legends. Names like Jesse James & Cole Younger, The Dalton Gang, Kit Carson and Calamity Jane bring up images of train robberies, scouting, trapping, and gun-fighting duels. Women, like Annie Oakley, Belle Star, Willa Cather, Cattle Kate, Helen Hunt Jackson, and Carry Nation, made a large mark on the Old West as everything from shady characters to leaders (paving the way for women¹s rights). Landmarks, like Tombstone and The Alamo, are tributes to the people like Wyatt Earp, Bat Masterson, Daniel Boone, and Sam Houston who made those sites famous. And then there was Samuel Colt who made the American West into what we know it today just by developing a gun.
Copied from the "cowboy" section of this website. http://www.thewildwest.org/interface/index.php

So in the spirit of the old west....who is who on this board?

Old 12-13-2006, 08:52 PM   #139
WebSlave
Getting some good replies, hitting on this thought running through my mind. Checking with my programmer now to see if what I want to do is practical to do........

Old 12-13-2006, 08:58 PM   #140
Mike Greathouse
Such mystery in your words.
How about a hint where you're going with this?

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!