Bad Guy VARNYARD...Mr.Bobby Hill - Page 16 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 07-12-2012, 03:56 PM   #151
Millinex
Wow, considering Bobby was going to be my go to guy if I ever needed a Tegu, this really puts things into perspective. Horrible way to conduct business and I'll be buying anywhere else before You Mr. Hill, the way you treated this customer was deplorable, and whoever stepped in to clean up his mess I applaud you.

Old 07-12-2012, 09:37 PM   #152
Wilomn
Quote:
Originally Posted by WebSlave View Post
Oh really? How so? "This site" didn't do a thing to Bobby as far as I know. Perhaps some members did so, but maybe they had their reasons.

As far as this issue is concerned, all I heard out of Bobby sounded to me like some sort of tap dancing that didn't explain his treatment of his customer but just tried to deflect the spotlight off of him. No, he basically thumbed his nose at a paying customer, in my opinion, claiming he will just keep most of the money and to hell with him.

All in all, it's a pretty risky MO for any business to demonstrate that money sent to them by a customer may be forfeited whether or not the business can deliver the goods in a timely fashion satisfactory to the customer or not.
Well shoot, I seem to have done it again.

What I meant to say was, "some people on this site." Generalizations, as in this case, are not always warranted.

Bobby, you really should take care of this.

And now, before I step in it again, I'm stepping away.

Old 07-13-2012, 07:41 AM   #153
Focal
Quote:
Originally Posted by varnyard View Post
Well to tell you the truth, I don't owe anyone anything here.
Quote:
I will not be told that I need to explain anything, because these forum trolls say I do. I am not a child that needs their all knowing guidance.
Bobby, I thought you said it best:

Quote:
just because the lions move in that is not a reason for the jackal to flee.
Jackals are scavengers that prey off the weak, right?

Old 07-13-2012, 09:36 AM   #154
Christina Vincent
I applaud the community here for standing up for what's right, going above and beyond to help, find out truths/facts as best possible in sticky situations and of course the annonomys donor to our friend overseas...while the OP HAD options on his side of the ocean, he searched out ours and it went bad...reflecting bad not only on Bobby Hill but the Herp community, Tegu breeders here and this side of the ocean in general!
The "I'm just going to keep your cash because I can (insert some made up contract that never got signed here) and there's nothing you can do about it nana nana booboo"crap is baloney! Yes there are scammers out there and boy do they prey on the far away, nieve to steal money/goods, but the majority of people here (The States & Fauna) are GOOD. I hope that other site revokes his dirty shady privilege of editing the bad and people don't ever purchase from him. His way of handling such a situation is horrible customer service and then to attack the community publicly? Ew. Character and Ethics he seriously lacks.

Old 07-13-2012, 08:08 PM   #155
LauraB
Quote:
Originally Posted by varnyard
just because the lions move in that is not a reason for the jackal to flee.
In retrospect, that's now very funny, Nick

Jackal has fled the building.

Old 07-13-2012, 10:58 PM   #156
Focal
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraB View Post
In retrospect, that's now very funny, Nick

Jackal has fled the building.
Thanks. It's funny going through his old posts and seeing how much of a hypocrite he's been. BOI-soldier gone traitor when his name is on the line. Desertion at its finest. Reminds me of Dean Stemple ... speaking of which.

Old 07-16-2012, 01:16 AM   #157
Suncoast Herpetological
While I never found him to be overly intelligent or informed in most of his postings, the addition of "thief" to his list of adjectives genuinely surprises me.

Not particularly bright doesn't usually equal dishonest in my experience

Old 07-31-2012, 02:09 AM   #158
Siukie
I had previously posted boards on this matter, seems I spelled something wrong..? But yeah, I put $75 down for a B/W argentine tegu from Bobby in early June, he said they would hatch around the end of June and ship in in the end of July. Which it's now almost August and i've heard nothing back from him after numerous emails and phone calls that I made to him. I just think he should at least refund the customers their deposits when he can't deliver the goods.

"Date: Sun, 3 Jun 2012 15:45:15 -0700
Subject: Re: Argentine Black and White Tegu
To: tigershadows@live.com

I have the payment and put you on my books.

Thanks, Bobby Hill, Owner,
www.Varnyard-Herps-Inc.com
www.TegusForSale.com"

I have saved all the emails received from him when I initially put the money down. I can also post my Paypal recipe if needed. It was my first time buying from him, just sorry it turned out like this.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!