Jamaican Boas Breeding - Page 19 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Boas Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 12-02-2014, 07:38 AM   #181
cguarino30
In a strange turn of events, it appears that T3 has decided to double down and eat the live anole as well, only a few days after eating the f/t. I guess they really do just eat whenever they want, huh?

Old 12-02-2014, 01:22 PM   #182
toddnbecka
Some snakes will eat as often as they can if there's food available. Or maybe the f/t anole gave that one a boost of energy and ambition? lol.
Did you treat the live anoles for parasites? I'd be concerned about them passing some along to the snakes. Feeder anoles wouldn't likely be treated like ones being sold for pets.

Old 12-02-2014, 01:40 PM   #183
boidsonly
"Also good tips. With regard to pinkies and anole soup, would it make sense to scent a large number of pinkies and refreeze, then to thaw as needed? My thoughts are that it would eliminate the need to discard the soup after 3-4 thaws if I used it all at once."

I suppose you can if the PM are not frozen previously. I use strictly f/t prey items so once it gets thawed it is either used or discarded. Trick is to find what works with whatever you are working with at the time. I've probably forgotten quite a few tricks but until I need them, they will stay forgotten..lol

Old 12-03-2014, 02:34 PM   #184
cguarino30
Feeding day today. T1 and T2 were given f/t anoles and an anole scented pinkie. T3 was offered just the scented pinkie (since he ate twice in the last week already). I'm also trying Jeff's chick fuzz suggestion for all "pinky-eaters" and attempted "pinky-eaters". Otherwise, it's business as usual. T2 appears to be quite ready to chow, though, and started working on his anole almost immediately. Enjoy the picture, I don't expect to get too many eating shots from the babies.
Attached Images

Old 12-03-2014, 05:58 PM   #185
cguarino30
And an after picture. Notice the fat belly and missing pinkie.
Attached Images

Old 12-04-2014, 02:52 AM   #186
Snakesitter
Sweet picts. Glad the feeding routine is looking ever better!

Old 12-04-2014, 07:26 AM   #187
cguarino30
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snakesitter View Post
Sweet picts. Glad the feeding routine is looking ever better!
Thanks. Me too. I was really starting to worry about the troublemaker group for a little while, there, but it looks as though they are out of the woods.

Old 12-04-2014, 08:54 AM   #188
cguarino30
T1 ate the anole, but not the pinky.
T2 ate both the anole and the pinky.
T3 chose not to eat the pinky (not especially surprising or concerning)
H4 is back on feed.

Otherwise, nothing really noteworthy to report, other than the fact that Jeff's chick fuzz method converted yet another baby over to the pinky-eater group, bringing the number of pinky eaters to 6 out of 13 non-holdbacks. Thanks, Jeff.

Old 12-04-2014, 01:20 PM   #189
toddnbecka
T2 is a hungry little pig, lol.

Old 12-04-2014, 06:10 PM   #190
cguarino30
Quote:
Originally Posted by toddnbecka View Post
T2 is a hungry little pig, lol.
Haha. Hey, no complaints from me. A month ago, I was scared he was going to starve himself to death. He can go ahead and be as gluttonous as he likes. I think next week I'm going to try just a scented pinky.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!