Bad Guy Jimmy Martinez Fresno Ca - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 08-27-2014, 07:11 PM   #1
Joli
Exclamation Jimmy Martinez Fresno Ca

I want to say upfront that this should not be used as a con if you consider buying from Jimmy Martinez, I don't even know if he sells. This is an unrelated one time issue that would have me weary of selling reptiles to Jimmy Martinez out of Fresno California.

Surprisingly this issue is not due to care or payment, but due to interfering with a sale ad. Which I must admit is a first for me. Jimmy Martinez complained about a delivery fee stated in the ad. A flat $50 fee to deliver, as I would be driving for a 6 hour round trip. This is similar to that of the amount of shipping directly. Since I don't have access to shipping in my area. Apparently adding a delivery fee for potential buyers by offering to deliver to areas that are over 3 to 4 hours away from my location was a matter he disagreed with. Somehow this invited Jimmy Martinez to criticize and ridicule on the comment section of the ad. Not only did Jimmy Martinez show no interest in the actual reptile for sale, it appeared that he just wanted to be confrontational.
This type of behavior on a listed ad is purposefully negative to potential buyers and all around confusing for me, the seller.

I want to state that the issue I have is not that he disagreed with the delivery fee to out of area destinations. The fault I have with this individual is that he had no interest in purchasing the reptile, so there really was no need to even comment on the listing and bring negative comments to a pubic ad that could potentially lead interested buyers to overlook the ad. He was quite condescending in his mannerisms even when I took the time to explain my situation to him, knowing that he wasn't even a potential buyer.

I believe that most of us who have been selling/buying reptiles come across ads that might not be priced how we perceive to be fair. But do we criticize or ridicule these ads? In my case, I don't. I move on to another ad. Which Jimmy Martinez clearly had the option to do.

Due to this type of behavior I just thought I would put my two cents in if you run across Jimmy Martinez as a potential buyer in the future. I don't know what his deal is, so I hope everyone else will have a better experience than I did if you do come across him at some point.

Once again, I don't interfere with people trying to sell their animals, so I just find it bizarre when someone does this to me, and felt it necessary to bring this up as I really found this to be quite insulting.

Old 08-27-2014, 07:23 PM   #2
scosta56
I think your delivery fee is very fair. Your driving 3-4 hours for essentially same day delivery. I would have no issues paying for it. You have expenses to gas and possible tolls. I think this guy just might be new and unfamiliar with how things work. Not that I'm trying to justify anything. I don't think its right interfering with potential business of others. Any links to your ad ? That you can add. Everyone on here likes to see proof. Really sorry about that guy doing that to you, but for what it's worth I wouldn't let it stop me from buying from you.

Old 08-27-2014, 07:41 PM   #3
j_dunlavy
A screenshot of the ad with the comments would be appropriate here.

Old 08-27-2014, 08:14 PM   #4
nickolasanastasiou
Quote:
Originally Posted by scosta56 View Post
I think your delivery fee is very fair. Your driving 3-4 hours for essentially same day delivery. I would have no issues paying for it. You have expenses to gas and possible tolls. I think this guy just might be new and unfamiliar with how things work. Not that I'm trying to justify anything. I don't think its right interfering with potential business of others. Any links to your ad ? That you can add. Everyone on here likes to see proof. Really sorry about that guy doing that to you, but for what it's worth I wouldn't let it stop me from buying from you.
I think your description of the one party may be overwhelmingly generous.

I would probably be less generous. I have observed this type of behavior and my impression is that it is either meant to get something for nothing or it is meant to be disruptive for sport. Either motivation disgusts me when people are just trying to provide their animals to willing buyers in return for a value they can both agree with.

---------------------------

To the OP, lock your ads to keep them litter free and make sure your contact information is clearly provided. I ran into this nuisance once before as well.

Old 08-27-2014, 09:02 PM   #5
Joli
Screen Shots of the Original Ad

Old 08-27-2014, 09:11 PM   #6
Joli
Obviously I expect questions from potential buyers (though I requested that contact be made directly through email as to avoid having these type of comments in an ad). That's what we all deal with, and any interested party has the right to get all their questions answered. But not once did he comment on the ad like an interested party or express interest in the gecko.

I like to keep things as professional as possible, and it really rubs me the wrong way for someone to make assumptions when I can clearly give information to any potential buyer through email. I just really find his second reply to be insulting. Yes, I really do know where I post my ads...

Old 08-27-2014, 09:16 PM   #7
nickolasanastasiou
I did not realize this was not here (so I have no idea about locking ability elsewhere).

Thank you for the screenshot.

I take these sorts of threads seriously, as some of them end up saving me a lot of trouble. With that said, try to let this roll off your back. There are a lot of people out there who will do these sorts of things and worse out there. With enough years of selling, one can accumulate quite the number of memorable character interactions.

Old 08-27-2014, 09:26 PM   #8
Joli
Like I said I posted this just as more of an informative, since theres little to do in these matters. It's the first time in 8 years that someone has done this to one of my ads, and I just found it very odd, since it seemed that my ad was targeted. I haven't seen anyone else on that sell/trade page get questioned like that. I'm better for it though, since he won't be getting any reptiles from me in the future.

I agree though that you see this in people who to try to get something for nothing, which is why as a seller/buyer it might help someone else out there to know that he might try to low ball someone at some point, or just waste there time, or do what he did to me.

Old 08-27-2014, 09:51 PM   #9
EmeraldBoid
I have gotten a few disruptive emails/messages before. The best thing you can do is make friends with the block systems on social media and email accounts. People like that are not worth the time it took to post this thread and will not affect serious buyers.

Nice Gecko by the way.

Old 08-27-2014, 10:36 PM   #10
Joli
The conclusion was not favorable

Thanks! I will be listing him up in the gecko section on fauna here soon.

This is how the ad concluded. Even though I really will be physically in the Bay Area (and willing to travel locally around the Bay Area, my hometown) to sell this gecko. I guess it's just a little too difficult for some people to comprehend. Which is okay. Serves me right for posting anywhere other than fauna, lol!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!