Python Hybrids - Page 3 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Pythons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 02-28-2011, 11:54 PM   #21
Utta
Quote:
Originally Posted by boaterr View Post
What are you actually trying to gain from your pairings? It is pretty obvious that no amount of reason will change your mind because you are dead set on your pairings. Just think, many snake owners with a few snakes have tried to engage in the hybridization you desire. I am talking about expert breeders that have produced thousands of animals and novices alike, and still we only have a VERY small amount of viable offspring. Even if you are successful serious Reticulated Python and Burmese Python owners will look at the offspring at just a bunch of useless mutts. The hybrid Retic that NERD produced is rarely mentioned on respected forums, and when it is the overwhelming majority look at it as unethical breeding at its best.
where did i claim these were MY pairings? these arnt my pairings, dont know where you got that from. I want you to just think about the Spider carpall that was JUST produced no more then 2 years ago. not by a big name breeder either.

and you say that serious retic and burm keepers will look at them as "useless mutts"? is that what bateaters are to every "serious retic and burm keeper"? how can you say that without making asinine statements and putting words in other peoples mouths.

i get that some people don't like hybrids. and some people love them. I'm not on either parties side regarding them. so no, you're "reason" isn't going to make me despise hybrids. people are free to do as they wish. if one community will shun someone for doing a pairing like this, then there is another who will think they are amazing forefronters in the hybrid "game"

Old 03-01-2011, 12:08 AM   #22
Cp3_Pythons
If he was to read the post instead of just where it said hybrid ( which Im sure that he personally dont care for hybrid's) he would have seen this word EXAMPLE... No one neither of us said anything about those were are pairings we were giving examples and discussing hybrids as you should be able to see that I personally Like some of the Hybrids and Im prety sure Tyler does as well...
Now yes your entitled to your opinion and I respect that I wont down you for not liking them
nor for being simple and not thinking outside the box... Yes it may take hours and months of time to produce a hybrid But to me honestly if the end results where a Burm with the pattern of a Pinstripe Ball Python I would have accomplished what I set out to do and Im sure a handful of Burm oweners and breeders would be interested in them.

Old 03-01-2011, 12:37 AM   #23
boaterr
Quote:
Originally Posted by Utta View Post
where did i claim these were MY pairings? these arnt my pairings, dont know where you got that from. I want you to just think about the Spider carpall that was JUST produced no more then 2 years ago. not by a big name breeder either.

and you say that serious retic and burm keepers will look at them as "useless mutts"? is that what bateaters are to every "serious retic and burm keeper"? how can you say that without making asinine statements and putting words in other peoples mouths.

i get that some people don't like hybrids. and some people love them. I'm not on either parties side regarding them. so no, you're "reason" isn't going to make me despise hybrids. people are free to do as they wish. if one community will shun someone for doing a pairing like this, then there is another who will think they are amazing forefronters in the hybrid "game"
Of course I know none of those animals you produced, I never gave you that credit.

"Your pairings", meaning the pairings that you intend to make. Take your post to a website like retailboas.com, monstersnakes.com, redtailboa.net, etc and watch what happens. Serious Retic Owners usually truly believe that the Reticulated Python is the most amazing large snake in the world, a Bateater is nothing more than a mutt. This should not be a new way of thinking, it almost has many parallels to the almost obsessive breeding that many pure dog owners engage in. Good Luck with the snakes.

Old 03-01-2011, 12:46 AM   #24
Cp3_Pythons
"Serious Retic Owners usually truly believe that the Reticulated Python is the most amazing large snake in the world, a Bateater is nothing more than a mutt. This should not be a new way of thinking"

Ummm where have you been hiding at its no new way of thinking people have been thinking like this and thinking on hybrids Id more than likely be in the clear if I were to say since the first hybrid was discovered.
Secondly I belive the qoute from you above my be a matter of opinion as Im sure theres some as you put it SERIOUS retic owners that would say the bateater is a truly amazing. But then Im sure you would argue that the people that thought that way were not serious retic owners...
As for thise comment
"Of course I know none of those animals you produced, I never gave you that credit.

Old 03-01-2011, 12:49 AM   #25
Cp3_Pythons
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cp3_Pythons View Post
"Serious Retic Owners usually truly believe that the Reticulated Python is the most amazing large snake in the world, a Bateater is nothing more than a mutt. This should not be a new way of thinking"

Ummm where have you been hiding at its no new way of thinking people have been thinking like this and thinking on hybrids Id more than likely be in the clear if I were to say since the first hybrid was discovered.
Secondly I belive the qoute from you above my be a matter of opinion as Im sure theres some as you put it SERIOUS retic owners that would say the bateater is a truly amazing. But then Im sure you would argue that the people that thought that way were not serious retic owners...
As for thise comment
"Of course I know none of those animals you produced, I never gave you that credit." I know it was directed at Tyler but you dont have to give me that credit as I'll be there to take it when I set out to do what I plan to do and come back successful
Sorry bout the half double post I hit the enter key to fast and twice

Old 03-01-2011, 01:18 AM   #26
Utta
Quote:
Of course I know none of those animals you produced, I never gave you that credit.
sorry, but you completely lost me on that one
Quote:
"Your pairings", meaning the pairings that you intend to make. Take your post to a website like retailboas.com, monstersnakes.com, redtailboa.net, etc and watch what happens. Serious Retic Owners usually truly believe that the Reticulated Python is the most amazing large snake in the world, a Bateater is nothing more than a mutt. This should not be a new way of thinking, it almost has many parallels to the almost obsessive breeding that many pure dog owners engage in. Good Luck with the snakes.
again, where did i state that i intend to make those pairings? i was giving examples, but never did i state that i intended to make those pairings. i personally don't want to produce hybrids. I'll let other people lead that front. just curious, what constitutes a "serious retic owner"?

Old 03-01-2011, 08:40 AM   #27
metaldad904
Quote:

No offense but to me it seems like you're just trying to push your less than positive views on hybrids on others. It's fine if you don't like them, a lot of people don't but a lot of people do too, so instead of jumping on anyone that wants to talk hybrids or the possibility of creating one why don't you just keep out of the conversation with the "live and let live" mentality? And your comment about the "serious retic owners" from other forums thinking of bateaters as nothing more than a mutt isn't really accurate. Just as an example I used to participate a lot on monstersnakes.com, was even a moderator for a short period and am friends with Harry the owner who is a very "serious retic owner" and we have all talked about hybrids many a time. While some didn't necessarily see the point in a hybrid snake a lot thought it was a beautiful and magnificent looking animal. You shouldn't pretend to know the thoughts of others and use them as ammo in your fight against hybrids since you really don't know what they think. If you don't like them fine, we can all respect your opinion but nobody is asking you to produce them, buy them or even look at them. If you see a thread involving a hybrid just steer clear of it and let others enjoy themselves, you aren't going to change any minds and just come off like a pushy jerk by picking on someone for their differing opinion.

To me, hybrids are very interesting and some are just plain beautiful. While i'm not necessarily into the crossing of the extreme size difference species (burm x ball, retic x ball etc, just b/c it kinda makes me think rottweiler x toy poodle mix) I don't have any real issues with someone giving it a try. The only real issue i have at all with hybrids is if they aren't properly identified and represented and end up mixing into pure bloodlines (kinda like what has happened with the whole carpet python world).

Old 03-01-2011, 09:38 AM   #28
boaterr
Quote:
Originally Posted by metaldad904 View Post
No offense but to me it seems like you're just trying to push your less than positive views on hybrids on others. It's fine if you don't like them, a lot of people don't but a lot of people do too, so instead of jumping on anyone that wants to talk hybrids or the possibility of creating one why don't you just keep out of the conversation with the "live and let live" mentality? And your comment about the "serious retic owners" from other forums thinking of bateaters as nothing more than a mutt isn't really accurate. Just as an example I used to participate a lot on monstersnakes.com, was even a moderator for a short period and am friends with Harry the owner who is a very "serious retic owner" and we have all talked about hybrids many a time. While some didn't necessarily see the point in a hybrid snake a lot thought it was a beautiful and magnificent looking animal. You shouldn't pretend to know the thoughts of others and use them as ammo in your fight against hybrids since you really don't know what they think. If you don't like them fine, we can all respect your opinion but nobody is asking you to produce them, buy them or even look at them. If you see a thread involving a hybrid just steer clear of it and let others enjoy themselves, you aren't going to change any minds and just come off like a pushy jerk by picking on someone for their differing opinion.

To me, hybrids are very interesting and some are just plain beautiful. While i'm not necessarily into the crossing of the extreme size difference species (burm x ball, retic x ball etc, just b/c it kinda makes me think rottweiler x toy poodle mix) I don't have any real issues with someone giving it a try. The only real issue i have at all with hybrids is if they aren't properly identified and represented and end up mixing into pure bloodlines (kinda like what has happened with the whole carpet python world).
I have talked to Harry on a couple of different forums and have seen some of the animals he has produced, he is a great breeder. Some find a pairing like a Bateater an interesting snake to look at, but actually keeping one is a completely different story. Much like many people think Green Anacondas are an interesting snake to look at but keeping one is a completely different proposition. At the end of the day you have a snake with with mixed genes that make it neither a Retic or a Burm which is the definition of a "mutt".

Old 03-01-2011, 09:48 AM   #29
Focal
I like the idea of a pinstripe burmese! You can call it a Burpin'.

Old 03-01-2011, 10:04 AM   #30
metaldad904
Quote:
I have talked to Harry on a couple of different forums and have seen some of the animals he has produced, he is a great breeder. Some find a pairing like a Bateater an interesting snake to look at, but actually keeping one is a completely different story. Much like many people think Green Anacondas are an interesting snake to look at but keeping one is a completely different proposition. At the end of the day you have a snake with with mixed genes that make it neither a Retic or a Burm which is the definition of a "mutt".
Nobody is discounting that they aren't "mutts" even though i don't think i would use the term since that's really more for describing dogs. And as far as different between looking and keeping i would have to disagree. A lot of these guys are breeders so the main reason they wouldn't want them is just b/c it serves them no purpose since you can't breed the hybrids together and would just have to go back to the parent species, it would be rather pointless to keep one outside of just fascination of the animal. Green anaconda comment i don't think applies either, plenty of people keep greens. Realistically having a large female retic in some ways is more difficult than a green. Of course greens have the massive girth but they are much more lazy & shy, not nearly as clever or bold as a retic. IMO the reason people shy away from greens more is b/c A)their reputation is still somewhat of an aggressive snake, however false that is, B)Their enormous adult size, coupled with the fact that they are a bit more difficult to keep than a python, C)Breeding is a gigantic pain and takes a lot of time and effort comparatively to pythons, hence making for less available captive bred specimens, D)Since the majority of baby greens available are wild-caught they are known as very picky feeders and typically don't adjust well to captive life. Give it time and i think most of that will change b/c a lof of those things were considered the same for retics awhile ago. The main thing i'm saying is there are different strokes for different folks and while you may not agree, a lot of people see reason in producing and keeping hybrids just b/c it happens to be something different. A lot of the people you say wouldn't wanna keep a hybrid isn't b/c they necessarily are going to disagree with it, they just don't see a reason to pay a huge price for a snake they aren't going to really be able to use in breeding (unless they are going down the hybrid route specifically). If i were a retic breeder i wouldn't have much reason to invest in a snake that i can't reproduce the same way and i would just end up having to cross over and over again with its parent species, that is unless i was shooting for some specific cross or something like that.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!