Venomous Snakes - Page 3 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Venomous Snakes Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 08-05-2013, 11:37 AM   #21
Pythonbreeder99
Hey Steve, welcome to fauna! Its nice to see venom keepers here. Akistrodons are beautiful creatures i hope to work with them in the future. Which horridus do you keep? Timbers or canebreaks?

Old 08-07-2013, 11:41 AM   #22
Steve Morse
The southern canebreak, is what I have now, beautiful snakes.

Old 09-27-2013, 04:22 PM   #23
j_dunlavy
I wish I could

I live in CA so I cannot keep hots (plus my wife said NOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!), but my top 3 would be Copperhead, Death Adder and Rhino Viper. I have to stick with stuff that only LOOKS venomous.
Once I came across a grass green Northern Pacific Rattler while herping, needless to say, I wish I could have collected it! It was many years ago and unfortunately I had no film left in my camera by the time I found it (digital cameras were still in their infancy at the time). Ah, the old days...

Old 09-29-2013, 07:30 PM   #24
Pythonbreeder99
Haha i remember those days, what do you have the looks hot? Ive kept viper boas and vine snakes but thats the closest I'm allowed to get in my state.

Old 10-01-2013, 05:07 PM   #25
j_dunlavy
I have ringed pythons (resemble banded kraits, mor so when young); green sanzinias kinda resemble tree vipers or mangshan vipers; blackheaded pythons bear a similar look to some forms of the namibian cobra; and womas look like some elapids with a little imagination...
I hope to get some candoia in the future. I may also pick up some mandarin rat snakes (they just look so cool, not because they resemble any specific hots)
I have a milksnake too, got it 17 years ago, only colubrid I still have (mainly working with ball pythons and the other stuff I mentioned).

Old 10-02-2013, 08:25 PM   #26
Pythonbreeder99
Ringed pythons have always facinated me but i havent found any for sale in the US. Where did you get them??

Old 10-04-2013, 04:14 PM   #27
j_dunlavy
non-venomous snakes that look venomous

I picked them up from Tom Keogan in Florida last October.
http://market.kingsnake.com/detail.php?cat=7&de=1010680
His keep their contrast as adults far better than most.

They are a bit frisky, acting much like a garter snake when touched. Super tiny as babies like a hatchling kingsnake or cornsnake so they need small mouse pinks. These guys never let me down at feeding time either, they are cool for sure. Their bite feels like a mosquito bite, as krait bites are reported to be painless, but far less insidious than a krait... The female got me the other night and I still woke up the next morning, lol

Old 12-22-2013, 08:44 PM   #28
g.spencer
Living in California does not mean you cannot keep venomous. You can keep two per sub species of natives, per person per household. Except for rubers. And no limits on albinos of same sub species. Those can be sold, traded, bought, etc. Hope this helps....

Old 12-23-2013, 09:42 AM   #29
RidesNherps
I'm new to Fauna, but love hots and have kept them for years. I love any kind of rattlesnake. I have Crotalus atrox, C. viridis (both a green prairie and a smokin' red Hopi), some C. molossus, and some C. lep lep as well as a Sistrurus catenatus tergeminus. I also have a pair of Agkistrodon c. pictigaster...they're just gorgeous! Have some colubrids too, but love my hots the most. I'd really like to get some C. tigris and C. mitchellii as well.

Old 12-26-2013, 11:56 AM   #30
j_dunlavy
Quote:
Originally Posted by g.spencer View Post
Living in California does not mean you cannot keep venomous. You can keep two per sub species of natives, per person per household. Except for rubers. And no limits on albinos of same sub species. Those can be sold, traded, bought, etc. Hope this helps....
California law is one thing. I am aware of the fact I can keep native hots with a fishing license, it bothers me that I can't keep a copperhead but can keep a mojave green, just a little ridiculous if you ask me... The reason I cannot keep ANY hots is the final law laid down by my wife; she said NOOOOOOOO!
Eventually I will try to get some some beaded lizards but it will take some time to convince her to allow it. I'm fortunate to have a wife that likes most of the snakes I have so I don't want to push my luck too far too fast.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!