Yet another scam - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > General Interest Forums > SOUND OFF!!!

Notices

SOUND OFF!!! Ever have something REALLY bugging you and nowhere to vent about it? Well, this is the place. It does not have to be fauna oriented at all! Get it off your chest right here.

Old 06-28-2006, 12:39 PM   #1
DAND
Angry Yet another scam

I get these (or similar) often. One of these days I'm going to have to reply and see where it goes.

Direktor Sir,

I am Mr. Alexander Karitonov, I represent a top company executive in Russia. I have a very sensitive and private brief from this top executive to ask for your partnership to re-profile funds over €20,000,000.00.(Million Euros) I will give the details, but in summary, the fund is from a holding bank in Russia where we have a considerable stake. Presently we have established a profiling channel through our corresponding bank in Western Europe. We need to present you/your company as a management consultant to undertake and complete this re-profiling job. This is a legitimate transaction. I propose that you will be paid 10 % of this fund for your proposed "management consultation invoiced charges", for your assistance to re-profile this funds appropriately, if I am able to reach terms with you.

If you are willing to render this assistance quietly, please write back by email, and provide me with your confidential telephone number, email address and
corporate profile and I will provide further details. Please keep this close to
your chest as much as possible; we can not afford any political problems with
Moscow. Whatever your decision, Write me back. I look forward to it.

Regards,
Alexander Karitonov

Old 06-28-2006, 12:40 PM   #2
DAND
Though I will have to say the spelling is much better than in most.

Old 06-29-2006, 03:20 AM   #3
PerfectPetPython
ROFL... I did just that about 3 weeks ago.... a different nigerian bank scam, where they send you fake money orders. Well I was curious to see what one looked like, so played along and he actually sent a $3000 money order. I think I still have it around here somewhere, probably on the kitchen table. If you want to see it I can post it.

Old 06-29-2006, 04:22 AM   #4
DAND
Quote:
Originally Posted by PerfectPetPython
ROFL... I did just that about 3 weeks ago.... a different nigerian bank scam, where they send you fake money orders. Well I was curious to see what one looked like, so played along and he actually sent a $3000 money order. I think I still have it around here somewhere, probably on the kitchen table. If you want to see it I can post it.
Yeah post it.

I figure I'll play along and make them jump through the hoops and cost them as much time and effort as I can.

Old 06-29-2006, 09:12 PM   #5
crotalusadamanteus
Quote:
Originally Posted by PerfectPetPython

LOL My check was for $8000

Old 06-30-2006, 01:09 AM   #6
akaangela
There is a site that they see how much money (real and fake) they can get out of scamers. I think they are up to $389,978 in fake money orders and $3842 in actual money spent on postage. The page is designed for horse people but anyone can laugh at the stories. Get a cup of coffee and get ready to laugh at some of these people. http://www.bustedupcowgirl.com/scampage.html

Old 06-30-2006, 01:27 AM   #7
PerfectPetPython
Quote:
Originally Posted by crotalusadamanteus
LOL My check was for $8000
darn it! I guess I'm going to have to raise my prices to $10,000 for some feeder mice to beat you!

Old 06-30-2006, 04:37 AM   #8
DAND
I figure the more time the spend sending me this crap the less chance they have finding someone who would.

Old 06-30-2006, 06:43 AM   #9
crotalusadamanteus
Yeah, I'm trying to get My "Baited by Rick" picture right now. LOL

I would rather deal with them Myself and waste their time than to have them get with people who are just about fool enough to send their money.

I was actually trying to be nice for a change, but suspected this was a scam the whole time. Glad I am a suspicious person at times and gave out nothing but My home address to mail the check to.

Old 06-30-2006, 09:23 AM   #10
Rebel Dragons
I have never got one from Spain before

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Thursday, June 29, 2006 5:35 AM
Subject: Very Urgent!!

Dear Partner,

My name Jose Antonio Borico, an Attorney at Law, a national of Equatorial Guinea, practicing in Spain.

I am wiritng to notify you of the unclaimed inheritance deposit of our late client who passed on to the Great beyond in March 11, 2004 in the Madrid Bomb Blast.

During my search for the relatives and next of kin to the deceased, I got your name after an unsuccesfull search and since you share the same family name, I decided to contact you so that you can work with me to claim this deposit.

Please revert back to me urgently with your telephone and fax numbers for more information on the amount of inheritance, procedure and legality of this claim via this email address: joseantonioboricoesq@yahoo.es. I will furnish you with my direct Telephone/Fax numbers as we progress.

Regards,

Jose Antonio Borico

(Attorney At Law)

Prueba el Nuevo Correo Terra; Seguro, rápido, fiable.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!