White Tiger Western Hognose Snake - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Hognose Snakes Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 08-12-2012, 04:14 PM   #1
BLOODLINES
White Tiger Western Hognose Snake

Here is the original White Tiger Western Hognose snake I hatched last year (2011). This photo didn't make it into the hognose book, so I'm posting it here on Fauna for all my herper friends to enjoy!
Hope you like it :-)
Attached Images

Old 08-14-2012, 06:39 PM   #2
phoenix-cry
Stunning!!!!

Old 08-22-2012, 03:56 AM   #3
Rextiles
No disrespect meant, but what do you mean by "White Tiger"? That looks like a washed out Snow to me.

Would you kindly elaborate on the genetics of this animal?

Old 10-26-2012, 03:36 PM   #4
ReptileJay
My guess is that it's an axanthic pink pastel... but I'm not sure...

Old 10-26-2012, 04:10 PM   #5
Rextiles
Well, if it is in fact an Axanthic/Pink Pastel, Brian Barczyk (also) proved those out and was calling them Snow Pastel Pinks on his Snakebytes show and later told me he was calling them Pink Snows. Here's some screen shots from his Snakebytes show:

Brian did tell me later that while it was cool looking as a hatchling, it was totally unremarkable as it got older. I'm unsure what it looks like now, but I think he told me that it had washed out and wasn't as pink anymore as it was when it younger.

I wish that Rich would have at least explained the genetics of his animal or why he chose to name it like he did rather than just tossing out a "coined" name out there while leaving the rest of us to ponder what exactly it is that we are looking at as pictures aren't always as helpful as some may think.

Old 10-26-2012, 04:37 PM   #6
ReptileJay
I do agree... making sure that the genetics of an animal are fully understood prior to selling it or advertising it is CRITICAL...

Personally if I didn't want to say what it was, I probably wouldn't even post pictures of it...

Old 10-26-2012, 04:51 PM   #7
BLOODLINES
Hi Guys, thanks so much for your response. I have been so busy with non-herp related "life" issues that I haven't been on fauna since posting this white tiger snow photo. I do appoligize if anyone felt like they have been left hanging to wonder why I labeled this particular animal white tiger snow.

It is a tiger banded snow western hognose. No pink pastel. I hatched another this year and yes the pattern is difficult to see, let alone photograph because it is a "white" snake.

Have to run..will be back with further details another time :-)

Old 10-26-2012, 05:13 PM   #8
Rextiles
Thanks for the clarification Rich!

I was kind of thinking that it was a banded Snow as I saw some pictures on your RG and FB pages with what looked like banded Snows as well, but with more color on them so you could see the banding.

Good stuff!

Old 10-26-2012, 05:28 PM   #9
BLOODLINES
Thanks Troy:-)

Sorry again for the slow response, My life has been just unreal the past few months.

I can't wait for your site to be back up and running full speed again. I'm positive you will show us some game changers in the future.

Have a good one Troy :-)

Old 10-26-2012, 05:54 PM   #10
Rextiles
Quote:
Originally Posted by BLOODLINES View Post
Thanks Troy:-)
You are very welcome!

Quote:
Sorry again for the slow response, My life has been just unreal the past few months.
I hear ya! This year has been pretty tame for us unlike the last few years which have been crazy. Hopefully by next year, yours will get back to normal.

Quote:
I can't wait for your site to be back up and running full speed again. I'm positive you will show us some game changers in the future.
Ah, my poor site! I was in the process of totally revamping it and then got sidetracked. I've got some updates to it I need to seriously upload. Maybe some day it will be something worthy of a bookmark.

As far as the "game changer" comment, while I greatly appreciate your recognition, the last 3 years for me have not been so kind "production-wise" and now I'm humbly walking in the footsteps of giants. This year wasn't bad for me considering I only did a very limited number of pairings, but everything I produced this year isn't anything most others haven't done already. And I'm still struggling with my own "Pink Snow" project that I've been working on for the last 3 years. My males are good to go, but my 2 females are struggling to catch up.

Until I get back into gear, I'll greatly admire all of the beautiful stuff the rest of you guys are producing!

Quote:
Have a good one Troy :-)
You too Rich!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!