Look What The Post Office Did To My Box - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Shipping

Notices

Shipping Forum for all issues concerning shipping, shipping companies, and anything directly related to moving animals and products via commercial carriers.

Old 08-23-2006, 01:35 PM   #11
Mooing Tricycle
You should post this persons username so that others can avoid her because of this!

Old 08-23-2006, 01:39 PM   #12
Chameleon Company
Sean,
Say what you will about the USPS, but I would deem their actions as an accident. Whether a specific individual there was negligent or not, we will likely never know. I am more disappointed that the shipper did not provide rigid insulation, such as styrofoam, which would have also made the box less prone to crushing.

Bobby, I am not sure if the USPS pays off such claims. On the one hand, its both a perishable and live animals capable of escape. On the other, the demise was due to mishandling, not temperature or some other problem specific to just the animal.

Sean, the shipper should have to make good on this.

Old 08-23-2006, 01:48 PM   #13
varnyard
My question would be, is this yet another great deal from Spokane lizard lady?

Old 08-23-2006, 02:03 PM   #14
PAULSCHUMANN
You know...I have been trying to become an active member of this site but all everyone has to do around here is complain. I have been sitting in the background reading and reading and reading and placing an ad here or there, but some...wel most of the posts I read are just rediculous.

I have been shipping reptiles for the last 10-15 years and out of hundreds of shipments I would venture to say that 40% of them were through the USPS and I have had a problem with 1 or 2 packages, and it was no trouble to get the money back from the post office and get reimbursed for the animals that were lost. I don't recall some one saying the seller said "tuff luck, it's not my fault" so why are you guys posting crap like "well, we now know not to buy from that person" or "I'll be sure to avaiod business with her"

Accidents happen...plain and simple. If I had to quit doing business with a place every time something went wrong, I'd have a hard time buying groceries, Gas, clothes, reptiles, etc etc etc...

If the seller is willing to help you out...great, thats awesome. and if and when she does be sure to post it on here so people might not keep posting negative comments about this business.

They should change this site to www.bash-a-business.com

I don't think this guy posted this with the intentions of putting the person he bought from out of business, I think it was more of a "Holy crap, this sux, look how smashed this box was when it arrived."

Old 08-23-2006, 02:13 PM   #15
varnyard
Paul, USPS is the worst way to ship, it is very unsafe for live animals. If you are into saving the buck, without having the animals welfare at heart, then you too will be added to the (DO NOT BUY FROM ON MY LIST).

How many of those packages were on time? Please do give a honest answer.

Old 08-23-2006, 02:26 PM   #16
Mooing Tricycle
Quote:
Originally Posted by PAULSCHUMANN
You know...I have been trying to become an active member of this site but all everyone has to do around here is complain. I have been sitting in the background reading and reading and reading and placing an ad here or there, but some...wel most of the posts I read are just rediculous.

I have been shipping reptiles for the last 10-15 years and out of hundreds of shipments I would venture to say that 40% of them were through the USPS and I have had a problem with 1 or 2 packages, and it was no trouble to get the money back from the post office and get reimbursed for the animals that were lost. I don't recall some one saying the seller said "tuff luck, it's not my fault" so why are you guys posting crap like "well, we now know not to buy from that person" or "I'll be sure to avaiod business with her"

Accidents happen...plain and simple. If I had to quit doing business with a place every time something went wrong, I'd have a hard time buying groceries, Gas, clothes, reptiles, etc etc etc...

If the seller is willing to help you out...great, thats awesome. and if and when she does be sure to post it on here so people might not keep posting negative comments about this business.

They should change this site to www.bash-a-business.com

I don't think this guy posted this with the intentions of putting the person he bought from out of business, I think it was more of a "Holy crap, this sux, look how smashed this box was when it arrived."

its not the fact that they were sent by USPS that TOTALLY matters. Its the fact that, no insulation was provided or any means to protect these guys from harm if it did happen. they tell you to use Double Wall Cardboard boxes for a reason... these animals were shipped horribly! would you want to risk an animals life, or your money just to find something like this in the mail for you??? probably not.

so were not BASHING somone without reason. Its not like anyones choosing random people off the internet because theyre "mad" at them.
We dont just bash people because its "fun" ,though im sure some people do like to do it, i for one, DONT.
but i see no reason why somone should ever go through this sort of thing in the first place. This is just plain negligence. of course... This isnt to say that the PO shouldnt be a little more freakin careful with thier packages either.

Old 08-23-2006, 02:29 PM   #17
ravensgait
I don't ship reptiles through USPS but I'm pretty sure they ship more live animals than any other carrier does. The numbers of baby chicks they move every year is unbelievable add in eggs and adults birds and lord knows what else. I don't think they are any worse than any other carrier when it comes to losses either, I've had trouble with all of them at one time or another even Delta.

Now the packing job for those lizards looks to be pretty bad OK really bad. I'd be upset with the shipper for the packing job not who they shipped with. Randy

Old 08-23-2006, 02:51 PM   #18
HerpKeeperVA
My question is who thought it would be a good idea to ship live animals through the postal service??? It's ILLEGAL. I've turned down even the best deals when the seller refused to use FedEx or UPS.

As for the seller, report her to the postal service and she'll change her shipping methods pretty quick.

Old 08-23-2006, 02:55 PM   #19
critical bill
Personally I don't see this as a USPS issue of whole as much as I do an individual postal clerical issue. USPS is fantastic with delivering packages to me containing live animals. I'm actually on a faster route for overnight deliveries via USPS overnight than I am for UPS or Fedex. Same results could have happened with any of the carriers..although perhaps less likely.

Old 08-23-2006, 03:01 PM   #20
critical bill
Quote:
Originally Posted by HerpKeeperVA
My question is who thought it would be a good idea to ship live animals through the postal service??? It's ILLEGAL.
You're about as far off as the sounds of tambourines and vaginal farts with your information. Its completely legal. Certain animals can and cannot be shipped through USPS overnight.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!