Scamming a Scammer Kelly Bush - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 05-02-2007, 09:55 PM   #1
Manny
Scamming a Scammer Kelly Bush

I hope I don't get in trouble here for this but here we go;

I had posted some adds on Kingsnake for some cornsnakes about 6 months ago when I was contacted by a so called Kelly Bush. My add was for corns totaling a cost of $800.
This guy said he wanted to buy the snakes and was willing to send me a check for $3000. I was supposed to keep $1000 ($200 extra for my troubles) and wire $2000 to his sick mother in California. Right off the bat I knew this was a scam. I had been contacted before under different names and would just delete the e-mails but I got tired and decided to play the game and make this guy work for something he was not going to get. I went ahead and corresponded with the guy and had him send a check. The check was from some one in Kentucky. It arrived in a USPS express mail envelope with an address originating in California. The guy was persistent in contacting me and pressuring me to go to the bank and deposit the check. I told him that I deposited the check but that he forgot to sign it and that my bank refused to even give it back. I then got him to send another check. I too arrived in a USPS express mail envelope with the same address but this time it was a different check from someone in California. I then contacted the Secret Service who are responsible for pursuing this type of fraud. They told me to mail the envelopes and checks to them and that they would look into it but that they probably would not do anything about it. I then ignored the e-mails from Kelly Bush. The other day (6 months later) I was cleaning up my e-mails and ran across one of the e-mails. I decided to screw around some more, so I e-mailed him the following:

Hello my friend,
> >
> > Did you receive the money I sent you last week?
> I
> > want to do more business
> > with you.

I then received an e-mail from him:

hello have you send the money and were is the info ?
>
> KELLY BUSH

So I e-mailed him this:

> I sent it to
>
> Lorie Duff
> City: San JAcinto
> State : CA Zipcode : 92583
>
> MCM# 18g05f2u4c8kyour8se2lf

I then got this disturbing e-mail:

f@# you mother f%$#er

So I e-mailed him this:

It really sucks that you had to spend all that money and time to send me those fake checks and all that time writing e-mails and all. Yeah, you thought I was the sucker who you were going to scam. So I guess I am a Mother F&%$er and you would be the mother AS$#@LE. Try f%$#ing someone else like your self. Both your checks were sent to the secret service and you will be getting contacted by them shortly. Hope you have a strong ass, cause you'll need it in jail where big daddy is waiting for you F$#k face.

I think he is mad at me…Lol no LMAO.

Manny

Old 05-02-2007, 10:06 PM   #2
ExoticsExpress
> MCM# 18g05f2u4c8kyour8se2lf ------

LOL!!

Anthony Allis
ExoticsExpress@aol.com

Old 05-03-2007, 04:37 PM   #3
Martino Reptiles
+1

Thanks for the good laugh!

Old 05-03-2007, 05:26 PM   #4
Stardust
Manny, you need to put in your full name when posting on the BOI. Thank you.

Old 05-03-2007, 05:47 PM   #5
HerpLuver
Thats whats called a nigerian 419 scam. I've been hit by one before, lost 3000 dollars due to being naive. Hey, at least you got her/him good!

Old 05-03-2007, 05:51 PM   #6
beastie
good job on ticking him off!! i like messing with those guys, it's good fun!

Old 05-03-2007, 05:58 PM   #7
crotalusadamanteus
Got me one of those too. Have a genuine phoney 8K check for my troubles. But I was fortunately wary enough to check the thing out before depositing into my account.

Glad you didn't get taken.

Chris, sorry to hear that you did. That really bites these people gotta pull that crap on innocent people.

Rick

Old 05-03-2007, 07:47 PM   #8
Manny
He contacted me again. Here it is:

To: Manuel Hernandez <mannysreptiles@msn.com>
Subject: Hi
Date: Wed, 2 May 2007 22:23:58 -0700 (PDT)

all that is met for ur family okie

So I responded about 50 times:

WOW! Great comeback! Learn to speak and use proper grammar so you can stop trying to steal people's money and get a real job since you are not making much with your stupid tricks. Also tell your friend in the US that we're coming to get him.
w850i

He definitely has some one working here in the US. The original e-mail subject line was "Hi"

The last time he contacted me with the "F U M F" was with a subject line "Do you have w850i"

I guess he contacted his guy in the US and the the guy read the MCM# 18g05f2u4c8kyour8se2lf.

It's sad that the authorities do not want or have the resources to persue these guys. I contacted the secret service and the FBI while I was in the middle of the transaction and they just blew it off. I'm not complaining though, as long as they are working on our homeland security against terrorism.

Sorry to hear about you all's losses. I wish I could have done more to screw with these guys.

Manny

Old 05-03-2007, 07:56 PM   #9
Manny
I just read I had to post my full name. Sorry. It is Manuel Hernandez

Old 05-04-2007, 06:45 AM   #10
crotalusadamanteus
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manny
I just read I had to post my full name. Sorry. It is Manuel Hernandez
You can put your full name in your signature line, and that will suffice. It'll show up when you submit the post.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!