tanks or racks? - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Ball Pythons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 01-23-2012, 12:13 PM   #1
sunshinegeckos
tanks or racks?

I have some of my BP's in tanks and tubs but I was thinking of switching my geckos from my racks and putting the snakes in the racks. Which is better?

Old 01-23-2012, 01:06 PM   #2
Mushead
It's a lot easier to control your temps and humidity in racks, and most of my snakes started eating better in racks. I would say racks all the way.

Old 01-23-2012, 01:24 PM   #3
JustChad04
I agree with Travis the ability to maintain a collection is much easier in a rack system, but is really depends on how you enjoy the hobby. If you have a really small collection (say 4 or less?) and like to show them off I'd say tanks. On the other hand if you have a growing collection or plan to, I'd go rack. It just make life easier (cleaning, temps, feeding, etc).

I have a rack system for 7, getting more soon so the need to condense the space needed for the animals is a must for me. I do miss seeing one in my bedroom at night thow =\

plus in the long run, its cheaper to go rack

Old 01-24-2012, 06:00 PM   #4
crookedantler
I have done both,rack are much better in my opinion.

Old 01-24-2012, 06:12 PM   #5
Randy F
Hey Christina,

like the guys said, it is a matter of preference while you only have a couple. The rack is a much better way to keep multiple snakes. You can not stack tanks which makes space an issue. Plus if you look at the cost of all those uth and thermostats compared to a heat cable and one thermostat. I would recommend vision racks to anyone small that needs one. They last longer and can be converted to different sizes. By adjusting spacer size you can use it for a baby rack, 35 quart or 70 quart tubs. I use one for my quarantine rack so that it does all sizes. The wood type are good in the fact that they keep it darker for the snake therefore not requiring need for a hide. I LOVE my freedom breeder racks, but they are pricey for any size other than 70 quart. That is the one downfall to Freedom Breeder, Vision has so many holes that you must mist and keep water in the bowls at all times because humidity is a problem. Wood racks do good for humidity, but that causes them to warp and have a shorter lifespan. Really look at where you want to go with your snakes and then decide from there.

Old 01-24-2012, 06:27 PM   #6
corgigirl9
I had my leos in the same rack as my bps. This went well but due to spacing I have move my leos to tanks.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!