!! BE CAREFUL !! Wild caught ball pythons sold as captive breds! - Page 4 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 03-09-2004, 04:52 PM   #31
Stephen Barger
Just seems odd to me..

As the recipient of funds, rather it be a refund or a payment.. I would never return said funds to the sender unless there was a true need to. I may have sent him his extra $5 back.. but not the entire amount. I may have told him for future refference how to make a propper refund on paypal.. instead of spending more $ than necessary.. but I wouldn't have sent him the rest back.

There are a few exceptions to this, such as people I have done much business in the past with..

That simply doesn't make business sense.. if you (the seller) messed the order up, and issue me (the buyer) a refund.. why would I (the buyer) refund the sellers refund?

I am not here posting in defense of the buyer or seller.. I know neither one.. and have done business with neither one. It just seems this is a one sided thread that Philly has either misrepresented or misconstrued. It seems a bit one sided.. almost edited. I may be wrong, and I mean no harm by this.. but it seems odd.

If I went to walmart and bought a fishing rod/reel combo, and paid for it, took it home, and the reel didn't work, and I took it back and they gave me a refund of $5 too much, I wouldn't give them their full refund back. I would be honest and let them know about the mistake, and then give them their $5 back.. but the remainder would remain in my pocket (or acct).

Either way, I hope you get this straightened out.. but you may not. I can't justify a seller misrepresenting animals as CB when they were WC, but I don't actually see the animals being represented as CB ANYWHERE.. I may be wrong.. but all I saw was female balls listed for $65.

Even so, I can't justify the seller dropshipping from an importer, with animals he has never seen, and selling them as female when they are infact unsexed.

The whole deal just seems odd.

Best of luck

Old 03-09-2004, 05:29 PM   #32
ms_terese
Has anyone considered that the seller might possibly have misunderstood what the buyer was asking for?

The ad does not specify "CB"

The buyer asks if he has "CB"

The seller says he has some available.

The buyer doesn't inquire if there is a different price for the "CB".

The buyer PayPals the cost of 3 of the advertised (unspecified) ball pythons.

The seller assumes that the buyer wants the ones listed in the ad for $65 each, since that's what it says on the PayPal.

While I can understand the buyer's displeasure, he certainly didn't expect to buy breeder size CB female ball pythons for $65 each?

Why were the animals not returned immediately?

Does the seller have a website? Is there TOS listed somewhere?

It sounds to me like both the buyer and the seller have some responsibility here.

Old 03-09-2004, 06:24 PM   #33
Mike B.
Quote:
Originally posted by Philly
[b]Original payment:
=====================================

Name:
tenille shirlee (The recipient of this payment is Unverified)
Email:
tdsmpj2002@yahoo.com
Anyone else notice that this person isnt verified? That right there would have thrown up a huge red flag, because its not hard to become verified. For me, the deal would have stopped right there.

Old 03-09-2004, 06:28 PM   #34
Mike B.
should elaborate, i can only think of one reason to not have a verified shipping address on your paypal account, and thats to deceive one way or another? Of course this might not be the case, but I couldnt think of another reason to not be verified....

Old 03-09-2004, 06:32 PM   #35
Mike B.
ok, reason for not being verified is because its a new account, ill be quiet now

Old 03-12-2004, 07:23 PM   #36
snakeman1313
Who in there right mind thinks they are getting 3-4lb cbb female bp's for $65 each. I recently had some 500-600 gram cbb females for sale on ks for 150 each and had people actually offering me $200 each plus for them. Lets be realistic here. If the deal sounds to good to be true it usually is.

Old 03-12-2004, 07:26 PM   #37
Philly
I just got 1.2 yesterday with an incubator and a 10 gallon tank for $75. The male and female are mature and over 4ft each. They're in GREAT condition as well!

FYI

Old 03-12-2004, 07:27 PM   #38
Philly
Quote:
Originally posted by Philly
I just got 1.2 yesterday with an incubator and a 10 gallon tank for $75. The male and female are mature and over 4ft each. They're in GREAT condition as well!

FYI
They're captive bred as well. The owner raised them for the past four years from captive bred hatchlings.

Old 03-12-2004, 07:30 PM   #39
Philly
Deals like that don't happen all the time but they do happen. When the guy told me captive bred females, 3-4lbs for that price I didn't argue with him.

Old 03-12-2004, 07:42 PM   #40
snakeman1313
Thats a great deal and I'm very happy for you, but I would still be very careful with them and quarintine them from the rest of your animals. Just because they look clean it dosent mean they are cb. I am not trying to say they are not cb but be careful. Its not worth infecting your other animals because of a $25 snake. Good luck with everything.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!