MISSING: Brazilian Rainbow Boa - photo link attached - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Police Blotter

Notices

Police Blotter General notifications about thefts, breakins or and cases where animals or materials are stolen. Photos of the merchandise taken can be posted to help with recovery.

Old 02-04-2011, 02:27 PM   #1
heisenhauer
MISSING: Brazilian Rainbow Boa - photo link attached

I am desperately searching for my very tame, adult, female, brazilian rainbow boa! She was in San Diego from ~July - December 2010. She then was supposedly sold to a BRB breeder in Arizona. She had been blinded due to awful care with respect to temp. and humidity in early 2010. Due to the blindness she was then sold again (not sure if she stayed in AZ). Please help me find her. Do you have any information that you can share with me? I really appreciate your help and kindness.

http://family.webshots.com/photo/237...M?vhost=family

Old 02-06-2011, 11:52 AM   #2
Amelanistic Orca
Hello again Hallie; I sure hope you find this poor kid!! Missing snake's are never any good. Let me know if there anything I can do to help. Do you have a name for the person who last had her, and/or some more detail's of the situation would be helpful too?

Old 02-06-2011, 12:03 PM   #3
heisenhauer
Yes, Hello Tom -
Here are the details of my situation... Thank you for your compassion!

My name is Hallie and I am desperately searching for my very tame, adult, female BRB. Very long and sad story: Got her at Berkeley Vivarium as a baby in 1999. In 2010 extenuating circumstances in my life caused me to find a new home for her - with the contingency that if she was ever not wanted by this person that I was to have first right to her back. I had found what I thought was going to be a great, permanent home for her as an educational snake for a critter camp in Pine Valley, CA. I gave the lady my vision tank, all my supplies, etc. and I explained that she required constant care re. temp and humidity especially. The lady told me everything I wanted to hear but acted completely contrary! So So sad... the lady sold my vision tank for money and the poor snake became blind with severe eye caps due to not being able to shed properly. The lady never told me that the critter camp was not a success, that my snake was doing very poorly or that she was taking her to Pet Kingdom in San Diego to be sold. I called her consistently every 1-2 months to check on my BRB. She lied to me every time I called and said all was fine. As I approached the lady at the beginning of Jan. 2011 to get my BRB back, she told me more lies. Ultimately she admitted that she had taken my snake for consignment. When I contacted Pet Kingdom to inquire, I was told that she was there from ~ July - December 2010 and had arrived in very bad shape. An employee (Nick) had a friend/Brazilian Rainbow Boa breeder (they would not disclose name of his friend) in Arizona who wanted my BRB. However, after this person in AZ found out that she was blind, he sold her to another individual (possibly named George - not sure if this is the truth). I am stuck here.

Please help me if you can! Do you know anyone who has purchased a blind adult female recently?

Old 02-16-2011, 09:47 AM   #4
annmikeal
Wow, this is so sad

Old 02-16-2011, 10:29 AM   #5
heisenhauer
Thank you...I agree...it is heavy on my heart and mind and still hope I can find her.

Old 02-18-2011, 01:36 PM   #6
MistyC
Sorry that person lied to you like that, and misled you to think your snake was being properly cared for when it wasn't at all
Hope you fine her..

Old 02-20-2011, 09:54 PM   #7
snakechaarmer
That is terrible. I am so sorry. I hope you are able to somehow find her.

Old 02-20-2011, 11:37 PM   #8
heisenhauer
Missing Brazilian Rainbow Boa

Thank you to those of you who have responded with such compassion and sensitivity! I am not going to give up on my search for her. She was such a cool snake. I have also reported the Pine Valley Bible Camp employee to the Humane Society and they will be visiting her home to make sure no other animals are being abused/neglected!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!