Break in at Carolina Reptile Exchange (Bruce Eisenmanns store) - Page 8 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 01-22-2004, 06:31 PM   #71
meretseger
I'd say this is at least Tom McKenna's concern, as well as anyone else who has current business dealings with them. But, at any rate, if you can just tell us the name of this employee who stole the snakes, I'm sure we can stop gossiping about it.

Erin Benner

Old 01-22-2004, 06:47 PM   #72
Brian Oakley
I think that is a fair question. I may be wrong, but I would bet that the 'authorities' did not say you couldn't talk about this. It would be different if it were in a court of law. Even if they did, I would call it a 'scare tactic' as there is no judgment against anyone at this point for talking. Law officials go on tv daily asking for people to come forward if they hear this or see that. In fact, as people talk, more and more info is gathered to help resolve issues such as these. That has been proven more often than not on this site, just wait and gather what people say, the truth always comes out regardless if the person wants to admit it. That is what is wonderful about this site. Unlike a court where you have a lawyer/judge deciding what is admissable, here it is all admissable, people end up stumbling over their own tongues and the truth is told........HOW WONDERFUL IT IS!!!

Kerry,
I was reading your last post and thought it was quite nice. Not sure who was good (being thanked) and who was not, but you throw in these little lines that just blows the whole thing apart. That post would have been very nice without the last sentence and the third sentence. As for the second to last, nobody forced you.
You say that people are involved in things that don't concern them. Interesting! How are you any more involved than any of us? Going by what you say, you are simply a supplier, no more, no less. How does that make you 'involved'? Not attacking you here, but just curious as to what the difference is.

Old 01-22-2004, 07:01 PM   #73
Kerry Bragg
I am not at liberty to post someones name on the internet. It would not be fair to the ongoing investigation. I don't know you from Adam, and I don't understand why someone from Ohio would need to know. With the exception of this buckeye. I am sure that I will talk to the police soon, I will ask them if they think I should post it.
I have talked to Tom, he has his snakes, and so far everything looks good. I told tom that I would help him any way that I could if he got ripped off. Toms a nice guy. I saw his post on another site, and offred my help.

Old 01-22-2004, 07:05 PM   #74
screamdreams
Whoa-whoa-whoa...

Back it up a little bit, please. You're taking all this so personal. Maybe I missed something, but I don't remember you getting verbal attacked by anyone. If I recall, you came out of the gate calling people names, cursing, etc...then you cooled down and it seems we all got along pretty good after that (for a minute anyways) now, you made a few statements earlier, then freak out whenever someone simply asks for details. What is up w/ that??? I doubt if your last post was directed towards me and if it was, whatever I said to make you feel outraged I apologize for...it's dire that most of us in this hobby at least try to get along for obvious reasons. This board is an excellent tool for everyone that buys/sells/trades via the internet, it actually has helped resolve many of deals that may have soured, and I've been coming here since the original, and I really don't think it's a playground for 'bullies', but rather an open air arena (free to the public) where anyone and everyone can voice their opinions, ask questions, ANSWER them, share experiences, and in the end ELIMINATE the bad guys. People are allowed to 'question' questionable scenarios...it's all out of concern for the well being of the hobby...that's it!! It's not to bash, or call names...and in defense of most of us that frequent the BOI , if it seems we might seem short, or blunt, or borderline aggressive in our replies, I promise you it's mostly for good reason (or at least with good intentions) and after being a member here for quite some time, I've personally witnessed the 'magic' here. Take it for what it's worth, but the bottom line here is, I think we (as forum users)want everybody to visit & enjoy this site, because it IS a constructive tool for all of us, we just want the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth...just cool down, come on back, and let's ALL get with the program.

Old 01-22-2004, 07:07 PM   #75
screamdreams
Kerry...

The above reply was written and submitted before I saw your last one...so I was still under the impression you were ticked off. Hope that explains the most of it

Old 01-22-2004, 07:11 PM   #76
Brian Oakley
The link to this site was just emailed to me and thought I would post it here (well, in this case I posted the thread).
Kerry, I must say, you sure know alot about this guy for someone who lives in another state and just sells snakes to him.
Just so your head does not overinflate, you did not "start a fued on Fauna", the scpetics were already here long before you got here, Kerry. For the others, you will see what I am talking about when you read the below thread.

Announcement from herptrader.com please read. Thank you

Click here

Herptrader.com > Announcements > Good or Bad Deals? > Background check
carolina reptile exchange
User Name Remember Me?
Password

Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

#1 08-28-2003, 01:04 AM
noleary
Registered User Join Date: Aug 2003

carolina reptile exchange

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Have been offered a good deal. Wanted to maximize the potential for not getting screwed. Any one hear of Carolina Retile Exchange? Anyone dealt with them?

Any other advice or feedback?

Thanks,

Neil O'Leary

noleary
View Public Profile
Send a private message to noleary
Send email to noleary
Find all posts by noleary
Add noleary to Your Buddy List

#2 01-20-2004, 04:52 PM
S&HExotics
Super Moderator Join Date: Sep 2003

I would like info on them also purchased a few snakes through them heard good about them but the snakes was held up by Airborne they said but I heard that before from Kevin Peters and never got them just want to hear any feedback

Thanks
Tom

S&HExotics
View Public Profile
Send a private message to S&HExotics
Send email to S&HExotics
Find all posts by S&HExotics
Add S&HExotics to Your Buddy List

#3 01-20-2004, 04:58 PM
Kerry Bragg
Moderator Join Date: Jan 2004

The guy has a retail store. He does ship alot of things. What are you buying off of him? I was just there the other day. I probably saw it. If he seems to be selling cheap. He just had $72000 in snakes stole from his store. They only took 5 snakes. He probably needs the money. I can't really say about his shipping techniques, but I buy things off of him once in a while. He seems to be honest.

Kerry Bragg
View Public Profile
Send a private message to Kerry Bragg
Send email to Kerry Bragg
Find all posts by Kerry Bragg
Add Kerry Bragg to Your Buddy List

#4 01-20-2004, 05:07 PM
S&HExotics

I was buying a pair of Mangroves from him yellow and black and I heard he had stuff stolen. But he told me mine wasn't in that just high end stuff

S&HExotics
View Public Profile
Send email to S&HExotics

#5 01-20-2004, 05:09 PM
Kerry Bragg

Yeah. I was there when he packed them. He said he was hipping them Mon. If I'm not mistaken. Those are some pretty lax snakes. They are nice.

Kerry Bragg
View Public Profile

#6 01-20-2004, 05:12 PM
S&HExotics

Well that makes me feel a little better. They was suppose to be here today but no go Airborne held them back. You see the animals? I was worried I was being taken

S&HExotics
View Public Profile
Send email to S&HExotics

#7 01-20-2004, 05:15 PM
Kerry Bragg

Yeah I saw them. They are nice. One was shedding. They are nice sized too. They are pretty docile snakes. You ever worked with them?

Kerry Bragg
View Public Profile

#8 01-20-2004, 05:17 PM
S&HExotics

A little but this is my first pair of my own. Well at least I feel a little better now. Except I went into my office waiting for them for 4 hours no pay and no show

S&HExotics
View Public Profile
Send email to S&HExotics

#9 01-20-2004, 05:22 PM
Kerry Bragg

That sucks. I hate when that happens. It's probably cold as <font color=red>[bleep]</font> up there too. I know for sure he packed them. I helped bag them. The snakes seemed calm. He free handled them about 3 feet away from me. They were ok, till they started warming up a little bit. Then he made sure he got them in the bag quick. Those are some big snakes. I don't do hots, or venomoids, or anything. But I like to watch someone else.

Kerry Bragg
View Public Profile

#10 01-20-2004, 05:24 PM
S&HExotics

Thanks for the info Kerry makes me feel alot better but well fell even better when they get here hehehe.

S&HExotics
View Public Profile
Send email to S&HExotics

#11 01-20-2004, 05:27 PM
Kerry Bragg

hehe yeah, I bet. Good luck. I hope it all works out. I'm sure it will, this all seemed too ironic. lol

Kerry Bragg
View Public Profile

#12 01-20-2004, 09:08 PM
S&HExotics

Hey Kerry we was posting back and forth about Carolina Reptile Exchange earlier today now I read some stuff on FAUNA that makes him look like a piece of <font color=red>[bleep]</font> so I truely hope your right. I was burnt before and If i get it again I will get a lawyer even if it cost more then the animals this time!!!! Damn now Im so pissed and unshore of what is going on. Plz email me and if you can help with any extra info on them plz I just feel me getting burnt yet again. =(

S&HExotics
View Public Profile
Send email to S&HExotics

#13 Yesterday, 03:06 PM
Kerry Bragg

Well, If you don't get them. I will help you as much as I can. I started a freaking feud on fauna just by mentioning the guys name. I'm not sure what I can do for you other than ask him about it. I can and most likely would stop doing business with him all together, if he rips you off.

Kerry Bragg
View Public Profile

#14 Yesterday, 07:41 PM
S&HExotics

Well he called me today I got a tracking number and it is a good number so maybe I jumped the gun. I will know tomorrow when they get here or not then I will leave good or negative feedback on that.

S&HExotics
View Public Profile
Send email to S&HExotics

#15 Today, 03:45 PM
S&HExotics

I got the snakes today and they was what he said and seem very health just a little cold from ride but seem fine now next hurdle is if they eat like he said I will be very happy

S&HExotics
View Public Profile
Send email to S&HExotics

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Old 01-22-2004, 07:16 PM   #77
Darin Chappell
Well, it's entirely POSSIBLE that my powers of understanding the English language have deteriorated to the point of a total lack of comprehension, but this just doesn't make any sense to me, folks!

On page 6, Kerry wrote, "I'm not trying to defend anbody. I don't know what has went on in the past. But I held those piebalds the night they were stolen."

However, on page 14, he says, "I hope the police do find out who did it, and just because I never seen a piepald in person don't mean I've never heard of one."

Now, it may be that there is a reasonable explanation as to why Kerry has written two completely contradictive statements here, but the fact is that these two statements cannot both be right. He cannot possibly have held those piebalds the night they were stolen AND have never seen one "in person" [sic] at the same time. Those two statements are completely contradistinctive from one another, and while they may both be false, they cannot both be true. I would like to hear something from Kerry to explain what's up with all of this.

I am not accusing you of anything Kerry, but as an old-timer here on the BOI, whenever someone brand new jumps in the middle of a thread, making brash statements, attacking others, and contradicting himself ... well, let's just say my suspicions increase exponentially!

Old 01-22-2004, 07:20 PM   #78
Kerry Bragg
So far. THe simply snakes guy is involved because a close friend of his was wronged. I am involved because when I talk to the police, and answer questions that they ask. I feel involved. I was asked not to talk about it. I think I've gone way to far already. As far as the post I made. Sorry if I blew it, I can see me brown nosing with the best of them, and still have people pointing fingers. besides I really do feel that I was subjected to uncalled for ridicule, and if someone posts something stupid to try to undercut me. It's my right to point it out

Old 01-22-2004, 07:37 PM   #79
Kerry Bragg
What does the posts from herptrader prove except for I am a nice guy.
I never backpeddled or overlapped anything. The two posts you cut are from diffrent ones. In one I explained I held the snakes the night before they were stolen. This is true. Then I said in another post just because I never seen a piebald in real life doesn't mean I've never heard of one. This is a stamement towqards the guy that incinuated in another post that I was lieing. Please don't be like the rest and scan for matierial that might be something, and then post it with out actually reading the entire post. If everyone here would read every post word for word. It will explain itself.

Old 01-22-2004, 07:45 PM   #80
Kerry Bragg
By the way, what are your suspicions? I only bad mouthed people that bad mouth me. I never contradicted myself. Whatever you may think. You simply cut and paste sections of a post and expect it to tell the entire story. I can't wait til this is all solved. You will all see what is really going on. I am who I say. and I am telling the truth. but will still scoff, because that's the way it is.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Tags
bruce eisenmann