Apo/fpo - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Shipping

Notices

Shipping Forum for all issues concerning shipping, shipping companies, and anything directly related to moving animals and products via commercial carriers.

Old 04-28-2005, 10:06 PM   #1
mindcrash
Apo/fpo

Has anyone ever shipped APO/FPO? I'm not talking reptiles, just a package. I'm just wondering how much it costs when compared to domestic shipping.

Thanks!

Old 05-08-2005, 12:49 AM   #2
KathyLove
When I sent packages to my brother stationed in S. Korea, I think it was just domestic postage as if it was going to someplace in the US.

Old 05-08-2005, 08:36 AM   #3
FamilyZoo
Quote:
Originally Posted by mindcrash
Has anyone ever shipped APO/FPO? I'm not talking reptiles, just a package. I'm just wondering how much it costs when compared to domestic shipping.

Thanks!
It costs you what ever the price is to ship from our place to either the East Coast or West Coast (depending on what APO/FPO facility is used). If you send it overnight express, it will get to the outbound shipping facility over night, but thats it. From that point Uncle Sam picks it up and forwards it usually through one of the military mail systems. Mail can be sent overseas via Ship or aircraft and many times makes numerous stops.

Old 05-08-2005, 09:17 AM   #4
KathyLove
Yes, seems like it was always east or west coast.

I also sent a couple of packages of books to my niece stationed in one of the biggest US camps in Iraq. It was very cheap to send them and I think they took a little over 2 weeks to get there using regular US airmail postage.

Old 05-08-2005, 10:34 AM   #5
FamilyZoo
Quote:
Originally Posted by KathyLove
Yes, seems like it was always east or west coast.

I also sent a couple of packages of books to my niece stationed in one of the biggest US camps in Iraq. It was very cheap to send them and I think they took a little over 2 weeks to get there using regular US airmail postage.
I believe that the east coast is NY City and maybe the west is San Fran, CA. Depending on the military command and the Zip, its sent through one of those places. Only issues we ever had with our FPO was sending out. Only one way out and it really didnt matter if you upgraded the delivery. If something was sent "parcel post" it took forever!

Old 05-08-2005, 08:16 PM   #6
mindcrash
Yeah, I sent this package media mail (it was a couple of books) and packed it very well with the thought that it will take a while and will likely go through a lot of hands. I even had to fill out a customs sheet for it. I made sure to get insurance in case it doesn't even get delivered at all.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!