Need help in new york - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - General Discussion Forums > Feed, Caging, Supplies & Services

Notices

Feed, Caging, Supplies & Services Discussions concerning the feeding requirements of any of our critters, the cages they need to live in while in our care, and all of the supplies and services needed to do this right.

Old 11-07-2006, 09:31 PM   #1
Theloveofsnakes
Need help in new york

Can someone tell me where to get a heat pack in new york?

Old 11-08-2006, 12:06 AM   #2
hhmoore
Where in NY, and for what specific use? (yes, it does matter)

Old 11-08-2006, 12:07 AM   #3
Theloveofsnakes
its for shipping a snake and im not sure the exact location im looking at buying one and the guy cant find any

Old 11-08-2006, 12:22 AM   #4
tmlowe5704
You are certified to ship reptiles, aren't you?

Old 11-08-2006, 12:23 AM   #5
Theloveofsnakes
im not he is just shipping so i dont know who owuld have the heat packs to ship it out

Old 11-08-2006, 12:26 AM   #6
tmlowe5704
Quote:
Originally Posted by Theloveofsnakes
im not he is just shipping so i dont know who owuld have the heat packs to ship it out

good luck not getting caught

Old 11-08-2006, 12:58 AM   #7
hhmoore
depending on where this person is, I may be able to help. I ship FedEx (with reptile/snake waiver), and have the supplies. Or I could mail the heat pack(s).
Depending on the type of snake, there are a few options - you seemed not to want to say what it was...feel free to PM me

Old 11-08-2006, 11:07 AM   #8
liquidleaf
You can find them on the internet... Some people use those handwarmer packs that you can get at a sporting goods place (but those don't last long and might not work the way you want).

Old 11-08-2006, 12:11 PM   #9
Wolfy-hound
Walmart sells a "Foot-warmer" pack that lasts 18 hours.
Is it illegil to ship reptiles without some license? I've shipped via FedEx before.
Wolfy

Old 11-08-2006, 03:03 PM   #10
liquidleaf
Not illegal. But FedEx actually requires you to go through their approval process to ship reptiles. UPS may refuse a shipment if there's a reptile in it (some people ship with UPS, but their own customer service can't even give consistent answers - some say UPS will not accept reptiles, some say they will).

Delta will accept reptiles though I think you also have to become approved by them beforehand.

It's more a case of whether a shipping company will TAKE the reptile or not, the shipping company's policies. It is illegal to ship any snake via the Postal Service, but lizards are ok.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!