Addictions, alcoholism, and personal responsibility - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > General Interest Forums > General BS forum

Notices

General BS forum I guess anything is fair game in here. Just watch the subject matter doesn't get carried away too much.

Old 07-16-2006, 11:45 AM   #1
Lucille
Addictions, alcoholism, and personal responsibility

After beginning the thread about the possibility of change, I began thinking of some of the people I have known that have battled alcoholism and drug addiction.

As a nurse I have cared for the addicted in a hospital setting, but it strikes closer to home: in my neighborhood lives an alcoholic that I have know for many years. She has been 'clean' for a while now, more than a year, but it requires on her part great effort, going to meetings, etc.

Perhaps only those who have been in their shoes are qualified to truly understand, I know that sometimes even though I understand the concept of addiction, I will think to myself occasionally that the lives of people so afflicted would be much better if they would just stop hurting themselves and quit their addictions, and it's not that easy.

This thread is dedicated to honor those who have taken personal responsibility by trying each day to overcome whatever addicition they have, as well as to empathize with others close to them, both family and spouse. From what I've been told, it's a hard, hard road.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!