Let's rate the best plastic cages on the market... - Page 4 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - General Discussion Forums > Feed, Caging, Supplies & Services

Notices

Feed, Caging, Supplies & Services Discussions concerning the feeding requirements of any of our critters, the cages they need to live in while in our care, and all of the supplies and services needed to do this right.

View Poll Results: Who makes better Plastic Cages???
BARRS 18 9.94%
Boaphile Plastics 47 25.97%
Vision 44 24.31%
Other 72 39.78%
Voters: 181. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-03-2005, 09:44 PM   #31
Luis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luis
I finally got my precision cage after 2 months. The cage is very nice and looks great plus well made but the customer service was terrible.
Emails went unanswered and no sign of life from the co. I was suprised to have gotten it considering he never got back to me when I asked NICELY when it would be sent. I was infact going to post office that week to look into charges since I had sent money order for it.
The cage is very nice but horrible customer service for me anyway.

I found out last night that that the owner of precision cage was in the hospital for the 2 months . I had my cage on back order.
He had a tremendous back log of cages before mine which is why mine took two months and he never got back to me.
He did contact me last night to apologize. I would have deleted my previous post or edited it but I cant figure out how.
Well now that I know ESP since the cage is very well made and very happy with it. The least I can do is post this because the cage itself esp for the money is underrated, holds heat great and nice looking plus escape proof.

Old 12-01-2005, 02:55 PM   #32
Dr Owens
Thumbs up

My favorites are Neodesha cages and racks (which you can't buy new anymore), Freedom Breeder racks, and saving the best for last: Animal Plastics. From a quality vs. cost perspective, AP has the best product on the market...and their customer service is second to none.

Old 12-19-2005, 03:25 PM   #33
Southwick Herps
I have to vote other.
Casey Hulse at Natures Spirit is a great guy. He gets his products to you very quickly, usually 2 weeks or less, and has excellent prices. It's a dead heat between which is better- his customer service, his quality, or his prices. Not to mention a very nice incubator.

Old 01-06-2006, 11:29 AM   #34
liquidleaf
Well, I'm torn between BARRs and Visions.

Visions keep humidity excellently, and look good, can be secured easily with inexpensive display locks. I like the one-piece molded design, though because they vary in tolerance and rounded edges, the stacking "ribs" which are supposed to help prevent the cages from sliding on each other when stacked don't always work as they should. My pet peeve is that those same "ribs" in the design can cause problems with cage furniture/layout if you don't use deep substrate... my python's large water bowl rests partially on one of the ribs, which tilts it up about 1/2".. and the ribs can limit where you place a UTH on the underside of the cage. The cages were about 1/2" - 1" wider than the dimensions given on their site, which in my case didn't matter but may to some people who are trying to fit a cage someplace particular. Don't get me wrong, I am glad I made the investment, just little annoyances. Shipping cost was pretty hefty, though (I got mine through LLL, which had cages for less than Vision's direct site).

BARRs are excellent (I have some smaller cages so can't attest to 3"+ sizes), hold heat very well, are sharp and crisp looking, and are inexpensive and have very low shipping prices. I don't have any stacked, so I'm not sure how good they are in that regard. I wish they were available in a color other than white because they look kind of "kitchen" or "lab"-like, but that would probably drive up the price.

Both types are easy to drill holes in if you need to. The plastic in the Vision cage seems more "flexible" than the PVCX sheet Barrs are made with.

*someday* I'll try my hand at an acrylic cage for myself... someday.....

Old 02-08-2006, 06:52 AM   #35
hers
CageCrafters

Old 09-22-2006, 08:40 PM   #36
scotty77327
i need some new cages does anyone have links to these sites that are being discussed

Old 09-22-2006, 08:43 PM   #37
Dr Owens
Quote:
Originally Posted by scotty77327
i need some new cages does anyone have links to these sites that are being discussed
http://www.animalplastics.com/

Old 10-07-2006, 07:00 PM   #38
liquidleaf
BARRs - www.herpcages.com

Old 10-08-2006, 03:21 PM   #39
sumguy
Check out the sticky at the top of the forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by scotty77327
Sticky link

Old 06-09-2007, 11:02 PM   #40
christopher66
Since someone put this back to the top ,i have a question:
Repti Racks and/or Herp Enclosers.Does anyone have either of these company's cages and what do you think of them? Oh, and Boa-Masters 8ft cage too .

thanks

Chris

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!