OMG! Look what the opposition is doing! - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Laws, Legislative Issues & Alerts > General Legislative Discussions

Notices

General Legislative Discussions Any general discussion concerning legislative issues or events. Not necessarily specific to a particular region, or even a type of animal group.

Old 05-19-2010, 07:00 PM   #11
stormqueen29
Funny thing is, when I tried to leave a post calling it a lie, I was not allowed to. When I tried to leave a post saying I thought it was a good idea, it went right through. HMMMMM...

Anywho, idiots come and idiots go, and there will always be stupid jerks who think we should all go to hell for keeping snakes.

Gale

Old 05-19-2010, 07:24 PM   #12
Jerry_c_62
Quote:
Originally Posted by stormqueen29 View Post
Anywho, idiots come and idiots go, and there will always be stupid jerks who think we should all go to hell for keeping snakes.

Gale
Your point is valid, however, those who think people who keep reptiles are evil, bad, demented, twisted, sick...ect, are not going to stop at reptiles. They don't think people should have animals as pets AT ALL. So to those who think you will get on board with them to stop this from going on and you will continue to keep you dog, cat, hampster, gerbil, rabbit...etc, TRUST THIS, when they are done with herps they are coming after you next. If you haven't read it before, you read it here first. YOU WILL BE NEXT.

Old 05-19-2010, 07:38 PM   #13
gsrept
thats why i tend to hang out with my snakes instead of these misinformed individuals, or maybe because i am a sexed crazed lunitic! lmfao

Old 05-19-2010, 08:36 PM   #14
garweft
Quote:
Originally Posted by crotalusadamanteus View Post
The animal being eaten is a goat or a pig. This picture surfaced several years ago, but was about twice as large back then, and you can clearly see cloven "hooves" on the animal being ingested. I'm pretty sure it's the same picture, but reduced.

Shame that the other side is sick enough to stop at nothing to get their way. They lie constantly, generate public fear no better then terrorists, and get rewarded by the gov through tax write offs.
I thought it had hooves but couldn't ID what it was so I didn't leave my original comment.....

It's filled with more lies than the Rodda papers...... (not really funny, but ya' know)

Old 05-19-2010, 08:42 PM   #15
crotalusadamanteus
Even the full size picture had people going. Not to mention, the shape of the animal just ain't right for a dog.

Old 05-20-2010, 02:55 AM   #16
jscianni21
darn i was to busy pounding it to the snake eating the rabbit to read the article

but really do they have to stoop this low its really sad its kinda like the butt out episode of south park were the kids decide to smoke cigs the rob riener comes and starts a crap load of propaganda thats all lies and photoshops

Old 05-20-2010, 05:59 AM   #17
Abby
If any of you want to contact them directly, here is the email:

help@change.org

I've already sent mine. The animal being eaten in the photo is indeed a rabbit; I thought goat at first but it does not have hooves. Trust me, I used to breed both goats and rabbits on a large scale. The body of that animal isn't the proper build for a goat (and definitely not a dog). Not to mention the fur is too smooth to be goat. There was a similar image floating around the net of a snake eating a goat though, which was also claimed to be a dog. That's probably the image you're thinking of Rich I can even take a guess at the breed of rabbit, looks similar to a Belgian Hare or one of the other racier breeds.

Old 05-20-2010, 10:54 AM   #18
Auburnreptileco
That petition actual made me angry. I can honestly say I have never wanted to feed a kitten(or crush???wtf) to any of our snakes..
Quote:
MONSTROUS SNAKES STIMULATES UNNATURAL PSYCHOPATHIC SEXUAL URGES: Individuals who own monstrous sized reptiles often have "crush kitten/crush puppy" sexual fetishes which they will trap live stray cats (epidemic across America) and use them as snake food - if they can throw goats and bunnies to their snakes, there is nothing stopping them from using this "free food". They watch the poor cats scream in terror then the snake constricts the companion pet, and squeezes it to death. These snake owners masturbate while watching this.
this person really needs some therepy if they think this is what snake owners do. I almost don't even know what to write.

Old 05-20-2010, 12:02 PM   #19
Keith Stambaugh
This is a little lengthy but this is a copy of the email I sent to help@change.org.

I'm unsure who will get this but I'm emailing in regards to a recent "photo" and comments regarding a Burmese python eating a "dog" and the writers comments about snake owners and behaviors of them.

In short, the picture is a fake and snake owners are no different than other pet owners, such as those who keep dogs or cats. I Personally I have snakes and a dog. Both are treated fairly and both given appropriate attention and time (and food).

For anyone to generalize a class of people based on a photo is foolish. For anyone to take an old pictures (a fake one a that) and make preposterous comments is ridiculous. For anyone to say that snake owners love to give their animals kittens and watch them (the kittens) cry as they are suffocated is demented in their own thinking. For anyone to say that the snake CRUSHED the babies skull so it could consume it, is ignorant. (As was the owner who assumed their pet was beyond normal animalistic behaviors)

All the comments in the article are inaccurate to some degree. And those who want to comment on the article can only comment if you want to say something negative.

People need to get their head on straight, understand what they are talking about, educate themselves, know the real facts. Know who the real killers are, know where the real threats are, KNOW who is to blame. Killers come in many forms, snakes are not one of them. The fact is, most human deaths caused by animals comes from human error and the beloved DOG. Human deaths from non venomous snakes are few and far between. As for people mistreating animals or giving their snake animals (food) they should not, sure, just like you have others who use their dogs to fight to the death. Your going to have a few bad eggs in any aspect of any subject. A dog kills a person, bites them to death, maybe even eats a few chunks, as bad as that is, it's a reality, it happens, the only difference between that and a human killed by a snake, is the amount of press. Sure, the snake does have the ability to possibly eat a very small human / baby. A dog may only eat part, either way, more humans / babies are killed by dog, by far, than snakes and any human killed by a snake will have more press, why, because IT JUST DOESN'T HAPPEN VERY OFTEN. I'm sure if you look at the statistics, more people have died from dogs in a one year period than by snake in a 20 or 30 or even a 40 year period.

The laws against snakes are unfair, unjust and unnecessary. Non domestic snakes let loose will not survive long. Procreation would be difficult because there a few of the same species in the same area and the environment is not conducive to their normal breeding cycle. Prohibiting snakes simply means people will have them against the law, and then, when all else fails, the person will either terminate the snake's life or let it go, because the law will not let him / her sell it. The law will encourage what it's trying to discourage, snakes in the wild. Think about it !

Sincerely,
Keith Stambaugh

Old 05-20-2010, 12:43 PM   #20
Auburnreptileco
Keith, well written, well put. Thank you for putting into words what so many of us are thinking.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!