what would you honestly do and why? - Page 3 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Laws, Legislative Issues & Alerts > General Legislative Discussions

Notices

General Legislative Discussions Any general discussion concerning legislative issues or events. Not necessarily specific to a particular region, or even a type of animal group.

Old 07-05-2010, 06:03 PM   #21
WingedWolf
If it's a State law, I will move. If it's a Federal law, then I will try to sell them to someone in Canada and export them legally. I'm a business, I can't afford to keep illegal animals in my collection. If I want to keep the right to have reptiles at all, I can't keep species that are banned.

If they outlaw breeding reptiles for sale, I will sell most of my collection overseas, and keep just a few for pets. Then I will find something deliberately far more obnoxious to do for a living, like chimeric taxidermy.

Old 07-06-2010, 01:35 AM   #22
Michael Brown
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsrept View Post
just like my gun you can pry them from my cold dead fingers
this ....

Old 07-06-2010, 07:52 PM   #23
Ectothermicfauna
Im not trying to promote violence or anything like that, but they can kiss my cold arctic as far as im concerned. that would never fly in AK, we defend our houses with weapons capable of taking down bears. Its just part of living in our climate. I dont know a single person of age that doesnt carry a concealed weapon of at least .380 caliber its a right of passage, and people here really do not take kindly to their homes being forcibly entered. So if they'd wanna pull some crap like that here they'd better come prepared. I really dont think they'd ever try that here though even if there was a law on it, I dont think they'd ever enforce it. we live in small communities were that sort of crap would not go unnoticed, the people would just NOT have it and it wouldnt be worth the effort. Plus the law have better things to do. not trying to promote violence Im just saying based on what ive seen here from other types of seizures, it wouldnt be worth their time.

Old 07-07-2010, 06:55 PM   #24
ReticObsessed7
As far as im concerned i have no respect for this system we call a "government". First of all, they lie and lie out of their es and they tell us they are cleaning up the oil in the ocean, meanwhile 5000gallons a day is continuously pouring into it. A worker alerted BP 4 Months before the actual spill that there was a leak in one of the pipes...They ignored it. So as far as their pathetic legislature goes...they can suck one. My mom is a lawyer and as far as the New York state laws goes..her and all her judge/cop/lawyer friends as much as some of them hate reptiles think its stupid to restrict snakes in the areas that arent the cities...that have the actual proper space to keep an animal thats 20 feet plus and keep it responsibly. If one of those animals were to escape Upstate it would not thrive long enough. So like everyone else said...just like my guns...they would have to pry them from my cold dead fingers/hands

Old 07-08-2010, 12:56 AM   #25
Chuckels
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsrept View Post
just like my gun you can pry them from my cold dead fingers

Old 07-11-2010, 03:57 PM   #26
Butch329
Won't be the first time I do something outside the limits of the wall

Old 07-11-2010, 03:57 PM   #27
Butch329
law*.

Old 07-11-2010, 04:03 PM   #28
kmurphy
I have been keeping reptiles since the early 70's but I like to do other things as well. So given your hypothetical question I wouldn't risk jail time to keep them. I would risk confiscation and a fine, but if there was a possibility of going to jail they would be gone.

Old 07-18-2010, 01:56 AM   #29
pouchedrat
I went through this with my pet pouched rat during the monkeypox ban. I kept him, all was fine, He still got to see his vet (and was the most amazing pet I EVER had, hands down) and 5 years later they lifted the ban. Of course NOW you can't find them for sale anywhere anymore, and he has since passed away..... but yeah, I say keep the darn things. Who would know unless you're being stupid with them or advertising to every local that you have them?

Old 07-18-2010, 03:22 AM   #30
Styx
Quote:
Originally Posted by WingedWolf View Post
Then I will find something deliberately far more obnoxious to do for a living, like chimeric taxidermy.
I kind of love you for this.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!