HSUS being sued for 5 Million for illegal seizure - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Laws, Legislative Issues & Alerts > General Legislative Discussions

Notices

General Legislative Discussions Any general discussion concerning legislative issues or events. Not necessarily specific to a particular region, or even a type of animal group.

Old 09-10-2010, 01:20 PM   #1
BobOblak
HSUS being sued for 5 Million for illegal seizure

http://www.argusleader.com/article/2.../1003/business

http://tinyurl.com/29mql2s

This article is about a dog breeder that was raided by local animal control and HSUS, found not guilty in court, and is now suing HSUS and local LE
for five million dollars. interesting read, but one of the comments to the article was this:

"This is a true miscarriage of justice. All animals are abused, and they should be wiped off the face of the earth. The animal kingdom has no place in todays modern society, be it dogs, cattle ,hogs, poultry or zoo animals.
Dog breeders have no constitutional rights and their properties should be seized without need for this type of court fiasco and legal problems.
For sure now, people need to support PETA and the HSUS with their monthly contributions so a formidable leagal defense and victory will perevail. Smart people are Vegans!"

Old 09-10-2010, 01:43 PM   #2
deborahbroadus
The NUTS always rise to the top of the pile.

Old 09-10-2010, 01:44 PM   #3
timebider
"This is a true miscarriage of justice. All animals are abused, and they should be wiped off the face of the earth. The animal kingdom has no place in todays modern society, be it dogs, cattle ,hogs, poultry or zoo animals.
Dog breeders have no constitutional rights and their properties should be seized without need for this type of court fiasco and legal problems.
For sure now, people need to support PETA and the HSUS with their monthly contributions so a formidable leagal defense and victory will perevail. Smart people are Vegans!"[/quote]

That's a new one. This is going to support HSUS and PETA for the purpose of DESTROYING the animal kingdom. What a tiny mind.

Old 09-10-2010, 01:54 PM   #4
Killer Chams
IF the dogs were abused Im glad hey were confiscated. BUT your posting that all breeders should have their homes and possesions seized is absolutely ridiculous. Your postiing that crap on the wrong site bro! ost of the people who frequent this site are responsible pet owners and breeders. Take your rants and soapbox back to whatever hole you live in.

Old 09-10-2010, 02:00 PM   #5
timebider
Quote:
Originally Posted by Killer Chams View Post
IF the dogs were abused Im glad hey were confiscated. BUT your posting that all breeders should have their homes and possesions seized is absolutely ridiculous. Your postiing that crap on the wrong site bro! ost of the people who frequent this site are responsible pet owners and breeders. Take your rants and soapbox back to whatever hole you live in.
I think the quote the OP posted is one of the comments left on the article page by someone else. Yet more proof that PETA and HSUS folks are scary.

Old 09-12-2010, 05:55 PM   #6
Bleepr
PETA, what a joke. And vegan? Even more of a joke.

"I care about animals!" Then kill yourself, because more animals are killed every year harvesting crops, then are abused, killed or euthanized. Of course they are wild field animals, but animals none-the-less. Not to mention a good chunk of the Amazon was deforrested to make room for soy crops; a staple in vegitarian and vegan diets. Still think you're helping by not eating meat?

Becides, what to you think your incisor and canine teeth are for? Grass? Give me a break.

Bah. What a nutter.

Old 09-12-2010, 06:08 PM   #7
JordanAng420
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobOblak View Post
interesting read, but one of the comments to the article was this:

For sure now, people need to support PETA and the HSUS with their monthly contributions so a formidable leagal defense and victory will perevail. Smart people are Vegans!"
Dangerous organizations they are for sure. That is an absolutely terrifying statement.

Old 09-13-2010, 09:44 PM   #8
Alex G
Good, I hope this lawsuit wins and takes all the wind out of the sails of the "animal rights" movement!

Old 09-15-2010, 12:27 AM   #9
blitz373
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleepr View Post
PETA, what a joke. And vegan? Even more of a joke.

"I care about animals!" Then kill yourself, because more animals are killed every year harvesting crops, then are abused, killed or euthanized. Of course they are wild field animals, but animals none-the-less. Not to mention a good chunk of the Amazon was deforrested to make room for soy crops; a staple in vegitarian and vegan diets. Still think you're helping by not eating meat?

Becides, what to you think your incisor and canine teeth are for? Grass? Give me a break.

Bah. What a nutter.
You really shouldn't attack people for the kind of life that they live. If someone chooses to not eat meat it's their right and they shouldn't be second guessed about it. I am sure you could find some vegans who post on this board.

People need to unite and attack the things that need to be attacked and not stuff that is personal preference. Groups like HSUS will continue to live on as long as we attack what they eat instead of hitting the hard issues.

That said as long as there was no abuse I hope the breeder wins the lawsuit.

Old 09-15-2010, 10:13 PM   #10
Sirengarg
I know plenty of vegans who are NOT supporters of HSUS and PETA. They love pets, own them, have reptiles even and feed rodents to them. Their dogs are fed dog chow, not vegan diets. I know a reptile rescuer who deals mostly with snakes, and she's a vegan. So don't lump all vegans into psycho PETA loving pile. Many do it for the health benefits or simply because they don't want to personally consume an animal. I don't eat red meat, but I let my daughter eat it. Its a personal choice.

With that said, that person who posted the comment on the article is a typical hypocritical uneducated PETA member.

The man was found innocent. Though I have heard he has been involved in dog fighting in the past, there apparently is no evidence to this now. By the court of law, he is entitled to compensation for the mess he was put through. But frankly, I love the man as much as I love stepping on a rusty nail barefoot. I just have no love for dog fighters.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!