Tropical armadillo lizard needs help! - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Other Lizards Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 03-23-2011, 06:40 PM   #1
Mikeg414
Exclamation Tropical armadillo lizard needs help!

Hi everyone! My name is Michael, and I am new here. I am attaching some photos of my baby Cordylus tropidosternum that has some eye issues, my questions are: what's wrong/ and since it is eye related could I use some terramycin to fix it? Thanks again in advance!
Attached Images

Old 03-25-2011, 08:53 AM   #2
angie.h
eye problems

Hi Michael...sorry about your little guy's eye problem. I have an armadillo and she's really hardy, they are super east to keep and are an inexpensive little pet. If you post this in the veterinary forum, more qualified people can probably help you. Also, if you can explain how long it's been that way and what may have caused it ? For instance, some compact UVB lights can cause eye damage. The long tube flourescent Reptisun 10.0 is the best UVB light. If you can get the lixard out in the sum for a short time twice a week, you don;t even need a UVB bulb. Did it possibly get something in it's eye ? I keep mine on a sand/ soil mix with no probs. for 4 years, she's fat and healthy as can be. I hope you can get some help for it.

Old 03-25-2011, 08:55 AM   #3
angie.h
Should have checked my spelling before submitting that LOL ! Sorry about the typo's !

Old 03-25-2011, 12:45 PM   #4
Mikeg414
Thank you for the help! And I have another one that is shedding and everything just fine. And they have a Reptisun 10.0 UVB, and there is one eye that is always closed and it looks yellow on the inside, oh and they are on large grain walnut shells, and they are too big to get into there little eyes. This eye problem has been there since the beginning but it was just crusty eyes and then turned to this. Beginning meaning, about the beginning of february. And how do I move this to the vet section? Lol thanks again!

Old 03-25-2011, 12:47 PM   #5
Mikeg414
Oh, and sorry but the reptisun is a flourescent tube. 24" to be exact.

Old 03-25-2011, 12:51 PM   #6
angie.h
Hi Mike....I actually don't know how to move it, I think a moderator is needed for that. You should just post the question there, just like you did here.

Old 03-25-2011, 01:02 PM   #7
Mikeg414
ok, so I cant find the forum part for the vet section.....sorry lol

Old 03-25-2011, 01:07 PM   #8
angie.h
That's O.K., by the way, Terramycin is widely used for eye infection, so I would go ahead and use it. I'm just not sure how often, but prob. twice a day.

Old 03-25-2011, 01:13 PM   #9
Mikeg414
That's what i was thinkng. But, I also heard it can make some things worse....should I still give it a shot?

Old 03-25-2011, 01:35 PM   #10
angie.h
Up to you,Mike.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!