Which cage company to go with? - Page 10 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - General Discussion Forums > Feed, Caging, Supplies & Services

Notices

Feed, Caging, Supplies & Services Discussions concerning the feeding requirements of any of our critters, the cages they need to live in while in our care, and all of the supplies and services needed to do this right.

View Poll Results: Which company to go with?
BARRS 27 21.77%
Animal Plastic 84 67.74%
Percision Caging 13 10.48%
Voters: 124. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-26-2005, 08:04 PM   #91
critical bill
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim O
Yeah. What is a slam dog?
I dont know, but I'll have two with mustard and onions please.

Old 05-26-2005, 08:31 PM   #92
critical bill
Quote:
Originally Posted by jim scharphorn
how do you go from 0 rep points to 89 rep points in roughly 2 to 3 months ?
There are many ways. You can post funny stuff that makes a person laugh. You can post informative stuff that helps others. You can even be rude, REAL RUDE, and receive positive points. You can be down on your luck, sharing your thoughts, ranting about PETCO, and receive positive points.

If you act like a poo poo head all the time no one will have anything positive to say.

Quote:
i bet it is for hanging with the slam dogs ?
You say there are only 4 or 5 people who slam you on threads? Take a screen shot of your rep points and post it. If I see your reputation has been destroyed by only 4 or 5 people I will apologize and I will never again post anything concerning you.

Old 05-26-2005, 08:35 PM   #93
Dr Owens
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim O
Yeah. What is a slam dog?
Let me try to help...

After extensive Googling I have been unsuccessful in my quest to find the definition of "slam dog." However, I thought that it might be possible to "ferret out" the definition of a previously unknown term that originated from such a peculiar and disturbed mind...

What I did learn through my “research” was that "slam," as a slang term, is defined as follows:

Slam: Excellent. Good.
Example: That dessert was slam, Melba.

I also learned that "dog" (again, as a slang term) could be defined as:

Dog: a close, trusted friend- man's best friend.
Example: Tony and Lester Joe are my dogs- I'd trust them with anything.

Armed with this new-found knowledge I came to the conclusion that Jim must have been referring to you guys as his "excellent, trusted friends"…which seems to be quite a compliment.

However, this conclusion when viewed in the context of the conversation at hand appears to be a fallible hypothesis at best. Therefore, I too am left wondering…

Jim, just what in the hell IS a “slam dog?”

(Oh wait…there I go again…expecting some sort of intelligence thought behind a post without considering the source. I hate it when I do that... )

Old 05-27-2005, 07:16 AM   #94
Bill_Leverton
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Owens
Let me try to help...

After extensive Googling I have been unsuccessful in my quest to find the definition of "slam dog." However, I thought that it might be possible to "ferret out" the definition of a previously unknown term that originated from such a peculiar and disturbed mind...

What I did learn through my “research” was that "slam," as a slang term, is defined as follows:

Slam: Excellent. Good.
Example: That dessert was slam, Melba.

I also learned that "dog" (again, as a slang term) could be defined as:

Dog: a close, trusted friend- man's best friend.
Example: Tony and Lester Joe are my dogs- I'd trust them with anything.

Armed with this new-found knowledge I came to the conclusion that Jim must have been referring to you guys as his "excellent, trusted friends"…which seems to be quite a compliment.

However, this conclusion when viewed in the context of the conversation at hand appears to be a fallible hypothesis at best. Therefore, I too am left wondering…

Jim, just what in the hell IS a “slam dog?”

(Oh wait…there I go again…expecting some sort of intelligence thought behind a post without considering the source. I hate it when I do that... )
Thanks Dr.O Now that "Slam Dog" Has been defined Where do I sign up ?? or is it automatic being part of The "Fauna Cult" Now back to the subject at hand... Everybody has their own opinion on who is the best...Personally I build my own.But Ive seen them all except Jims and they are all good cages over priced but good .Jim O got his points for being Jim O Direct to the point and taking No Do Do and standing his ground all this equals "Respect" Respect is how you get those Ratings hope that answers your Question

Old 05-27-2005, 08:14 AM   #95
Alias47
Quote:
As usual , stabs from one of the master stabbers himself,
You know dang well my product is not a piece of junk, the racks are made out of 3/8 PVC and do not need the dowels, I think they look more classy with them, as well as many other people. 3/8 sure is better then 1/4, it is like paper to card board.
But thanks again for your continued bad mouth of my very nice product.
Actually...if you read throught all my posts...I rarely badmouth ANYONE...even if they are deserving of it...but thank you for the title of MASTER

I personally do not like your product...I feel they are not aesthetically pleasing to me in the slightest...my racks from Casey look good and hold up great...plenty strong...never had an escape...and I keep some very small colubrids in some of them...

The dowels do NOT look classy...they look like clear acrylic toilet paper holders stuffed into the front of the rack...

I guess you could always keep a roll handy...since you are full of it.

Old 05-27-2005, 08:47 AM   #96
Chris@TSE
Bottom line: Your product may be nice, who knows....... But one thing is for certain: You're an ass. You could have the best product in the world, but since you have done your best to show people here what you truley are, limited few will actually purchase from you. Just imagine, if you were not such a (insert expletive here) you may actually do qutie well. Perhaps someday you'll grow up and learn to have respect for your peers. Until then, have fun making an ass of yourself like always. Nothing changes, and some would have thought you would learn by now.... HA!

Old 05-27-2005, 12:33 PM   #97
kare
In reference to the question of what rack to use;
Chris at TopShelf Exotics-weren't you ordering different cages/racks from several people? and going to figure out who you wanted to go through to complete your new set-up area? I think it was a post this past winter-did you ever determine -from your hands on experience- which was preferable? I know I like Barrs and Boaphile cages.

Old 05-27-2005, 03:42 PM   #98
Chris@TSE
Yes, and to be quite honest, we chose to construct our own. With all the damaged products and empty promises given my many cage manufacturers in regards to shipping dates, etc. It was simply just a hassle. One manufacturer decided not to reply to our inquiries until weeks after a deadline when we requested a refund. Another simply forgot about us..... And another sent us the same damaged product three or four times!

I'd rather not name names, lets just say I was so disgusted I was nearly motivated into producing our own for resale! Someday maybe, someday.........

Old 05-27-2005, 04:57 PM   #99
Zx7trev
I have used the BARRS caging with my carpets to great success. They are super light, easy to clean, and were very affordable. They also arrived ontime, and in a very short amount of time. (Unless you order custom, they usually have stock premade and ready to ship). They actually overcharged me once by accident, and they fixed it within a day of me noticing it on my bill. Good people.

Shawn

Old 09-27-2005, 08:18 AM   #100
Lucille
I see by reading this thread that people have definite preferences in caging.

I built acrylic cages which are beautiful, but have additional caging needs; I want secure caging that displays nicely, and as I get older I like the lightweight features of many of the new cages which make them easier to move and clean.

I am slowly purchasing Vision cages, I like many of their features. I am impressed also with several of the other cage companies mentioned on this thread, it seems that the industry is evolving and producing better and higher quality cages to fulfill the needs of customers and their reptiles.

I do have a comment about the thread itself: I like the specific comparisons of cage features, costs, delivery times and customer service and so on, all which might influence a cage purchase one way or the other.

I think some of the slamming is unseemly, especially when done by companies who are trying to establish a rep for integrity and class.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!