Wanted Border Collie - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Mammals > Mammals For Sale/Wanted Ads

Notices

Mammals For Sale/Wanted Ads Posting of classified ads by registered members is FREE!! But additional perks require contributing level memberships.

Old 09-19-2012, 09:07 PM   #1
SilverRaichu
Border Collie

The search for my new companion continues..

I'm looking for a black & white traditionally marked, preferable male.
I would like a dog thats around 1-2 years old, please no puppies. I'm not quite ready for that just yet. Im looking for a dog thats companion oriented that I can lounge with and night and still have training potential such as agility, flyball, frisbee, swimming, etc.
and just a generally playful dog.
I dont mind a dog with some fear issues/timid, Im experienced with with dogs like these and willing to work with them.
Must be good with cats & dogs.
I prefer to adopt a rescue dog, I'm willing to travel, provide references, arrange a home inspection or if not doable then provide photos and videos of my home. What ever needs to be done.

Let me tell you a little about myself so you can be sure your dog is going to the right home:

I'm 23 years old and live in a little suburban neighborhood in Clifton NJ
my first dog was the Akita. She died when I was around 6 years old, she was 12. Only a few years later, Lucky turned up, she was dirty and a little skinny, but the friendliest thing in the world and my best friend. We all assumed she was a pitbull mix, but over the years she displayed unbelievable intelligence. Over the years, I got to know more dog owners and learned more about breeds. I observed how the dogs and cats would get along, and just over all dog behavior and started studying dog psychology. When I started high school I moved to Clifton and started volunteering at the local shelter where I adopted my current dog, Devon, a black lab mix. and about 2 1/2 years ago I got hired at petsmart, where i learned more and more about nutrition/health, different training methods, and about all kinds of different toys for dogs (both good and bad). Sometimes when nothings going on I pick up books and magazines and read about different things. Ive read the border collie books cover to cover and the training books so many times
I am an over all animal lover and have cats, dogs, reptiles, fish birds (which most of I still have) and have also rescued animals from the mouths of my cats. When I'm not working, I'm at pet stores, reptile expos, pet expos, dog parks..its all i do.. when what ever im doing thats not animal-related
I'm usually drawing, browsing facebook, or hanging out home. I dont really go out that much, I do like to go out to eat and go to theme parks. I only go on vacation once or twice a year. I dont smoke, I rarely drink. I watch animal planet on a regular basis,
I've read training books by Ceaser Milan and watched episodes of Its Me or The Dog

I live very close to dog parks, one specifically that has agility equipment. There is also a mountain near by with trails I used to take Lucky on, theres a lake we would took the dogs too but they never liked water.
I work at petsmart and get discounts on everything I buy for my pets (its where half my paycheck goes lol)
I live in a nice size house with lots of space, still live with my mother who is an animal person too, we have fenced in property and unfenced. My new dog will have space to call his own since I have a floor of my own. I do not support invisible fencing, electric training collars or any methods of training that inflict inhumane pain to animals.
my friend is a dog trainer with an aussie. I have taken on dogs with behavior problems and emotional issues.

so this is me. On paper anyway. Preferably I'd like to meet, talk on the phone etc. I am willing to give a dog a great home where he will be treated like a king. But I want you to feel comfortable adopting to me and to know your dog will be loved for the rest of his life.

please pm me here or send me an email
dothacker29@aol.com

photo is property of Glen Highland Farm Border Collie Rescue
Attached Images

Contact User Check User

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!