Which roach should I buy and breed? - Page 3 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - General Discussion Forums > Feed, Caging, Supplies & Services

Notices

Feed, Caging, Supplies & Services Discussions concerning the feeding requirements of any of our critters, the cages they need to live in while in our care, and all of the supplies and services needed to do this right.

Old 05-26-2005, 04:53 PM   #21
Rebel Dragons
1 Time 2 months ago the girl downstairs found a cricket. It was jet black and was obviously from outside. No matter what I said or showed her she was convinced that my crickets were infesting her home.

SHE WILL NOT BE MISSED!!!

Old 05-26-2005, 05:01 PM   #22
leaftail
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebel Dragons
SHE WILL NOT BE MISSED!!!
You could leave her a nice (chirping) parting gift... no, that would be cruel

Old 05-26-2005, 05:05 PM   #23
Jadormdrache
get a order of crickets shipped to her

Old 05-26-2005, 05:17 PM   #24
Rebel Dragons
Trust me I have thought about letting lose the crickets that will be left over right before I move. I even had a plan on how to do it. I was going to use some kind of funnel and a hose right under her front door. I should have around 300+ 1/2" crickets left too!!!

Trust me she is not worth the $15.00 it would take to mail her some. Lol

Old 05-26-2005, 05:20 PM   #25
Jim O
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebel Dragons
Trust me she is not worth the $15.00 it would take to mail her some.
I'll chip in $5 if you can get someone else to go in it will be $5 apiece.

Old 05-26-2005, 05:23 PM   #26
Jim O
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadormdrache
try http://www.blaberus.com/ he has discriptions of all his roaches and reasonable prices.
Robert,

Thanks for the link. I just ordered some Blaptica dubia from them and I may phase out the Lobster Roaches if they work out well.

Old 05-26-2005, 07:20 PM   #27
Jadormdrache
yea I'm starting out with blaptica dubia as well, my friend said there's a wholesaler out there, but I haven't been able to find them and she isn't able to find the site again I tried kingsnake but that site has no rules apparently(half the shops in the "feeder" column doesn't even sell feeders!) but blaberus will help you with any questions. here's a link to arachnoboards about blaptica dubia, the spider lovers beat the herpers to roaches by a couple of years http://www.arachnoboards.com/ab/showthread.php?t=463

Old 05-26-2005, 07:22 PM   #28
Jadormdrache
http://www.arachnoboards.com/ab/show...inear#post2453
better link

Old 05-27-2005, 03:20 AM   #29
Digby Rigby
Thumbs up A good use for lobster roaches

Okay the last few posts did remind me of a good use for lobster roaches. I was once contacted by a client who needed 2000 roaches. He wanted to let them loose in his ex wifes house. Lobster roaches were the cheapest at the time and the only ones that are readily available as adults. He called me on a Monday night because he needed them by Thursday. On Tuesday he overnighted the money order I had my supplier send them out on Wednesday. Everything was like clockwork. The only thing he didnt take into account was how he would get into the house So he gave them to a pet store per my advice and we did it again 2 weeks later. He had no use for roaches He had no reptiles You get alot more for roaches when they are sold as a gag gift and I got a repeat order out of it.

As for people who say that the non climbers are not as fast breeding you can compensate by getting more to start with. 100 should be the minimum to even think about getting. There is no advantage to lobster roaches that cant be matched or exceeded by other species one in particular comes to mind. It is a nonclimber. Hissers also suck as feeders as they are all shell and fat. As to the problem of people and neighbors freaking out about roaches thats easy to solve. Call them "beetles"

Digby Rigby

Something of a phenomenon so turn your body and come along!

DigbyRigby@exoticfeeders.com

Old 05-27-2005, 11:44 AM   #30
leaftail
Quote:
Originally Posted by Digby Rigby
As to the problem of people and neighbors freaking out about roaches thats easy to solve. Call them "beetles"
LOL!!! Good idea.

After I showed my son the new roaches, I heard him telling a friend that "we have cockroaches". OMG!!! I quickly re-educated him.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!