Thumbnails ? - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Geckos Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 10-10-2005, 03:09 PM   #1
groovygeckos
Thumbnails ?

OK Im hoping one of our website-saavy members can help me out .

Trying to build my site with the Go-daddy program , cost about $15 ,and I think ill get a decent looking site out of it .

Just one problem. Displaying my pictures in a OK file size , that will load quickly and so the pics wont be too small .

Anyone know how i can make my pics into thumbnails for the site ?

Do these (thumbnails ) automatically link to a full size page of the pic or something ? Or do i need to so something special for that ? Im just lost !

The 'performance test ' says a few of my pages will be slow ,and i think its because of the pics . Well if i make them an "OK" size , they are too small .

HELP ? Appreciate it !

Old 10-10-2005, 05:50 PM   #2
dragonflyreptiles
Well you can do it 1 of 2 ways:

#1 Load the full size image on a page, then reduce it to smaller size (thumbnail) then put the thumbnail where you want it and link the thumbnail to the full size page

#2 Write a code what till do the link for you but you still have to have the image loaded full size somewhere, my code does the reduction for me

here is a test page I am working on for my site redo that will show the thumbnail page, if it was finished you would be able too see each photo and click an image and go to the full size image but I wrote the code for it and it does the thumbnail for me, all I have to do is plug in the http: for each photo slot to the original size photo and my code does the rest, oh except I do haev to put it the photo name and all under each photo.

Just ignore everythign but the thumbnail size and placement, I am still thinking about colors and such lol

http://dragonflyreptiles.com/photo.htm

Old 10-10-2005, 06:07 PM   #3
groovygeckos
Cool Thanks Wendy ! Its just i have no idea how to write codes LOL

I did get a little help via PM (Thanks)

Quote:
#1 Load the full size image on a page, then reduce it to smaller size (thumbnail) then put the thumbnail where you want it and link the thumbnail to the full size page
HAHA I was doing that , but thought there must be a better way OR that i would run out of room for all the pages it would take to do that

Also the program doesnt let you see or write the whole html so getting the pic in the right place is HARD to figure out .

Well this helps a bit ,guess I was doing OK with it

Old 10-10-2005, 06:14 PM   #4
dragonflyreptiles
Dan, writing codes SUCKS at the best but I get my hosting for $24 a year and I bought a simple program for $28 for a lifetime with free upgrades. Its all drago and drop, where you put it is where it is when you load the page, but I didn't want to haev to do all of the photos full size on different pages then reduce the size and add links so it took me about 3 weeks and tons of online searching to figure out how to do the code to plug in the full size and it does the rest for me lol.

So to me that is better than $15 a month, just takes alot of time, I had to write the menu code too and now that I have the menu and thumbs how I want them I cannot for the life of me decide on colors and such lol

Old 10-10-2005, 06:46 PM   #5
groovygeckos
Whats the program ? Itll take me a month to do it this way !

Old 10-10-2005, 06:47 PM   #6
saltwaterreptiles
still having problems Dan? What program are you currently using?

Old 10-10-2005, 06:49 PM   #7
groovygeckos
No not really , just looking for options LOL

Its "Website Complete Deluxe Edition" from Go-daddy

Old 10-10-2005, 08:10 PM   #8
dragonflyreptiles
I have coolpage from coolpage.com

It writes the complete htm for you but for the menus and thumbs I had to insert the code that I wanted them to look like, it won't do mouse overs without a seperate code insertion.

If you can ftp to go daddy you just make the site and hit publish, put in your ftp access and password and it does it all for you. If you can't ftp, then you save as htm and upload the file to the publichtm file.

Sorry if I an getting confusing, Cory does some NICE work, he made a sample logo for me that I LOVE LOVE LOVE but with hubby loosing his job a few weeks ago it will be a long time before I can get a more professional site done so Im just trying to get something better than what I have for the mean time.

Old 10-10-2005, 08:16 PM   #9
saltwaterreptiles
Awwwww.... you know Wendy, if you still have the logo you can go ahead and use it no problem at all!

Old 10-10-2005, 09:06 PM   #10
dragonflyreptiles
Cory, thanks but that wouldn't be fair to you, I do still have it though, I was showing it off to a friend this weekend

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!