PetCo petition to stop selling snake food - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - General Discussion Forums > Feed, Caging, Supplies & Services

Notices

Feed, Caging, Supplies & Services Discussions concerning the feeding requirements of any of our critters, the cages they need to live in while in our care, and all of the supplies and services needed to do this right.

Old 12-15-2005, 09:59 AM   #11
Bill & Amy
Sounds awesome Clay, just use a hotmail account. This will be quite entertaining!!

Old 12-15-2005, 11:20 AM   #12
Karen Hulvey
OMG This is hilarious. I don't have time to visit the petition just yet but what you've posted, Clay, got me laughing so hard. I can't believe people put their actual names.

Yes, Clay, if you can make a petition against keeping rodents, I'll sign it. Too funny. We all know that those petitions basically go nowhere.

Now I'm going go and offer some celestial vegan ground beef on a string for my stupid phythons who like their rats. (How do you get ground beef on a string?)

Old 12-15-2005, 11:22 AM   #13
Karen Hulvey
Heck maybe several people should start a petition. That would really get their panties in a wad.

Old 12-15-2005, 02:42 PM   #14
SPJ
Quote:
This just goes to show how dumb activists really are. Why not boycott the stores for selling FEEDER goldfish, FEEDER guppies, keeping bettas in little jars? FYI, my snakes don't eat mice. They eat RABBITS now and you would not believe how many times you need to hit them with a baseball bat before they die. What a PITA but my snakes need to eat.
I personally like this one by Mr. Jack Meof from California.

Old 12-15-2005, 02:43 PM   #15
reptilebreeder
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clay Davenport
How about a petition to ban the keeping of rodents as pets due to the fact they serve no purpose in the world other than feeders for higher organisms.

Come to think of it, a website dedicated to that cause would be hilarious. Then the emails could be posted too.
Funny stuff, and actually a pretty good idea.

here's a funny one from the petition,
Quote:
First of all, I don't keep snakes. I say return all of the mice and rats to the wild where they came from and feed the snakes Hamsters. They are an impulse buy, cheap, disposable pet and most end up dead or flushed in a few weeks as the majority of the people who buy them don't want to spend the time it takes to keep them alive anyway. I backed over mine with my car just to get rid of them after my son lost interest. Plus they smell funny. Now I buy them, wack their heads on a table to kill them, then freeze them and donate them to the local snake store so that no more mice have to die.
freakin hilarious.
backed my car over it....

Old 12-15-2005, 02:57 PM   #16
SPJ
Anyone else notice there are gaps between the numbers?
It appears that the site is removing posts that disagree with their position.

Here is an example.
Post #373 was deleted but #397 references it. Evidently #373 did not agree with the petition and the post was deleted.

Old 12-15-2005, 03:42 PM   #17
Clay Davenport
I noticed that. I bet the petition founder has that control.
I checked into it and at that particular site you have to submit a petition for approval before it can be viewed by the public.
I'd really like to start one on the same site as the anti feeder one, but I'm fairly certain it wouldn't be approved.

I've looked around a bit and there are several other sites doing petitions. I'll have to read over their terms.
And I'll need some help baiting the rat huggers. Links to the petition will have to be posted on various pet rodent forums to generate the hate mail that will make it humorous.

If it generates some good laughs I'll consider building a site for it

Old 12-15-2005, 04:24 PM   #18
Xelda
Who even goes to Petco to buy their feeders? What is it, $9.99 for six pinkies?

Old 12-16-2005, 02:49 AM   #19
reptilebreeder
We might not want to be "contributing" to the petition. I was checking out the site and saw some closed petitions, and they had the name/city/ etc. sections, but some didn't have the comments section. Maybe when they start a petition they have to choose whether they want a comments section, and these petitions just didn't have one to begin with, but if they can drop the comment section after they close the petition, all our "contributions" will look like votes in favor. May not even get that far, as SPJ noted, I have a feeling that our "sigs" will dissapear altogether next time the lady sponsoring the petition checks out our colorful comments.

Old 12-16-2005, 04:04 AM   #20
Clay Davenport
Here you go guys:
http://www.PetitionOnline.com/rodents/petition.html

I hope that sounds good enough. I just wrote it off the top of my head. I wanted it to sound official enough to appear genuine and not just a joke, I figure that will result in the biggest effect. I really am a supporter of humane dispatch of rodents, no need to make them suffer, I just think it's a good opportunity to aggravate the snake hating rat keepers.
I decided on that site because it was first in the google results for online petition so I thought they might be the most popular. I also didn't see any approval requirement.

Now if any of you happen across any pet rat forums or such post a link to the petition. I'd suggest posting as a concerned rat keeper.
Let's just hope this doesn't backfire and ignite a grass roots movement by the extremist rat fanciers to inact arcane laws like they have in England

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!