New Herpstat Models Coming - Page 4 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - General Discussion Forums > Feed, Caging, Supplies & Services

Notices

Feed, Caging, Supplies & Services Discussions concerning the feeding requirements of any of our critters, the cages they need to live in while in our care, and all of the supplies and services needed to do this right.

Old 05-16-2006, 06:35 PM   #31
HerpLuver
I'd like to know more about the Pro model. Cause if it has more options and features than my HCS (Habitat Control Systems) than i'd be more than happy to purchase one of them if the price is comparable. Im not worried about if the Pro model has a light sensor to adjust for night drop, since i dont use it right now, but would be nice to have comparable features for a comparable price!

Old 05-18-2006, 03:40 PM   #32
twh49801
Excellent Thermostat

just received two HS II's from the bean farm,what a easy to use awesome stat.dion you'll blow the other stats out of the water with this one.all these features and at a killer price,there the best of both worlds.

dion you could not have picked a better reseller than the bean farm,.the bean farm always answers the phone,there pleasant and they have a proven record of stability. SPYDER ROBOTICS +THE BEAN FARM = THE REAL DEAL!

Old 06-01-2006, 10:51 AM   #33
HerpLuver
Just wondering if anyone got a chance to see my last post?

I was really interested in information about the pro model, cause if its better than my Habitat Control Systems 4 probe model, then i'd definitely get one.

A lack of response to this will let me know that my HCS is better than the pro model. You can get the HCS for $299 and cheaper sometimes.

Old 06-01-2006, 11:28 AM   #34
Bill & Amy
Quote:
Originally Posted by HerpLuver
Just wondering if anyone got a chance to see my last post?

I was really interested in information about the pro model, cause if its better than my Habitat Control Systems 4 probe model, then i'd definitely get one.

A lack of response to this will let me know that my HCS is better than the pro model. You can get the HCS for $299 and cheaper sometimes.
I am not sure what I can add that hasn't been said already, Chris. These are quotes from earlier in the thread. They won't be available till at least Aug.

Quote:
Specifically, I had contacted Dion to find out the scoop on the Herpstat Pro, a 4 zone model that Spyder has been working on for a while, but put on hold to release the Herpstat 2. The good news is that it looks like the Herpstat Pro should be available come mid-August (okay wipe the drool from your chins).
Quote:
Originally Posted by spyderrobotics
twh49801:
The pro model will basically be a four output version of the Herpstat II with a larger display. Wattage per output is still to be determined as I am evaluating different enclosures. The current AC cords are rated at 1625 watts which would limit the wattage of each output to 400 watts. In testing many different rack systems most draw 300 watts or less.

Old 06-01-2006, 12:05 PM   #35
HerpLuver
True Bill. But what about the rest of its features? I know it has to have more features than the HS 2. Then again, i guess it could just be what he said it is, just a HS 2 with 4 probes.

Old 06-01-2006, 12:35 PM   #36
shrap
Quote:
True Bill. But what about the rest of its features? I know it has to have more features than the HS 2. Then again, i guess it could just be what he said it is, just a HS 2 with 4 probes.
Well it is kinda hard to break down all the features of a product that has not even been released to the public yet.....

Old 06-01-2006, 12:41 PM   #37
HerpLuver
Quote:
Originally Posted by shrap
Well it is kinda hard to break down all the features of a product that has not even been released to the public yet.....

Thing is, if its due to release in mid august (only about 2 mo's away) im pretty sure they should know ALL of the features that it'll include.

Old 06-01-2006, 12:48 PM   #38
shrap
Quote:
Thing is, if its due to release in mid august (only about 2 mo's away) im pretty sure they should know ALL of the features that it'll include.
I am sure they do. Have you went to their website or emailed Spyder Robotics directly?

Old 06-01-2006, 12:49 PM   #39
Bill & Amy
Quote:
The Herpstat II has alot of options, more than I will ever need. All I know is it keeps temps right where I want them. I don't know what specific functions you are looking for, but I do have a H II that is absolutely awesome and have only heard some ok and some bad comments about the Habitat Control system.

Old 06-01-2006, 12:51 PM   #40
HerpLuver
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill & Amy
but I do have a H II that is absolutely awesome and have only heard some ok and some bad comments about the Habitat Control system.
May i ask what negative remarks you have heard about it, so i know if i want to replace my current one with a new HCS or try something different. I dont do a TON of researching with everything i buy, so sometimes when i purchase something it just may happen that its received more negative than positive comments.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!