Pics of African Soft Fur Rats - Page 4 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - General Discussion Forums > Feed, Caging, Supplies & Services

Notices

Feed, Caging, Supplies & Services Discussions concerning the feeding requirements of any of our critters, the cages they need to live in while in our care, and all of the supplies and services needed to do this right.

Old 02-03-2007, 12:56 AM   #31
The BoidSmith
Quote:
Was it right along the crease I pointed out Dan?
Oddly enough, 1/2 an inch above that line. I'm not sure how the critter found a place where to start as the surface was smooth but it did.

Old 02-03-2007, 01:34 AM   #32
SPJ
How is it that you managed to find the only ones that stay still and don't want to draw blood all the time?

Old 02-03-2007, 08:45 AM   #33
Bill & Amy
Quote:
Originally Posted by SPJ
How is it that you managed to find the only ones that stay still and don't want to draw blood all the time?
LOL!!! I guess I just got lucky. I hope you didn't just jinx me. I am on my way to clean cages. If I get bit it's all your fault.

Old 02-03-2007, 08:46 AM   #34
Bill & Amy
Quote:
Originally Posted by The BoidSmith
Oddly enough, 1/2 an inch above that line. I'm not sure how the critter found a place where to start as the surface was smooth but it did.
I guess I better start watching my tubs really close.

Old 02-03-2007, 08:27 PM   #35
Bill & Amy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill & Amy
I guess I better start watching my tubs really close.
I checked all my tubs when I cleaned today. Couldn't see any chewing starting on them yet. I'm using the concrete mixing tubs.

Old 02-07-2007, 08:57 PM   #36
Ed Clark
Thumbs up

Its very surprising how prolific these guys are, I discovered 2 young first time females today with litters of 12 and 15!
Attached Images

Old 02-20-2007, 10:25 AM   #37
Bill & Amy
Well, I now have 3 litters of ASF rats. So far, so good. I haven't been bitten yet, but did have a close call. These critters have absolutely no smell that I can detect. I think it's because they drink very little water compared to other rodents. I have 2.4 setup in some tubs and they don't even drink 16 oz of water in a week. They are very protective of their litters, the moms will not move from the babies until you force her to. Will try to get pics later today.

Old 02-12-2008, 07:30 PM   #38
akaangela
I live in eugene oregon do you know where I can get some? Can you leave the male in with the female or will he eat the babies?

Old 02-13-2008, 02:51 AM   #39
Cat_72
I leave my breeding groups together all the time, and have no issues with the males bothering the babies.

Old 02-13-2008, 08:46 AM   #40
The BoidSmith
Mine are always together. No problem whasoever.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!