Bad Guy Baseball beardies, Mac Watkins, xarmour@gmail.com - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 06-16-2010, 12:56 AM   #1
earthmonkey22
Baseball beardies, Mac Watkins, xarmour@gmail.com

I was involved in a trade with Mr. Watkins. First of all he prolonged it was on and then off and then he said it was a go. When we got her she was actually painted purple! HE said she was one of bloodbanks purples and that she was a leatherback and she was clearly not. I have learned my lessen though. I did receive pictures of her but i guess i didn't look close enough. The signs were there but i see them all in hind sight. Be aware of Mac/baseball beardies/ and xarmour@gmail.com. When i got her i had the same color to mark my babies.

Old 06-16-2010, 02:24 AM   #2
Willow
Little unsure of what your talking about....pics of the beardie would help...both the sellers that you had gotten from him and pics you took yourself after getting the beardie....also all emails and contacts you had with this person where he claims her blood lines

Old 06-16-2010, 02:48 AM   #3
mmdragons
They painted her omg what is wrong with people!!

Old 06-16-2010, 03:02 AM   #4
Utta
Make this aware of this thread too.

Old 06-16-2010, 03:14 AM   #5
earthmonkey22
He claims it was purple calci sand. It didn't come off when bathed though. He told me he got her from blood bank but Barry said he didn't sell him a purple. But he told me now that he got it from a guy that got it from bloodbank. She is only 7 inches though. Looking back closer at the pics I can see that she was not a leather in the pics but she looked purple but not painted. I don't know, I guess I learned my lesson and just be careful. After all of that she is a nice healthy dragon just don't think she is what he is claiming she is.

Old 06-16-2010, 01:38 PM   #6
mtolypetsupply
I've dealt with Mac and I only know him to be a good guy. I got 2 beautiful leopard Geckos from him, that are healthy and producing eggs. He was patient when I had a MAJOR crisis delay the deal. I would deal with him again.

Please post all your evidence. I will make Mac aware of this thread.

FYI, we picked up a dragon from someone local here. It was kept on Pink Calcisand. Well, poor Pinky (her name has stuck) didn't become Un-Pink until she shed it off, so NO, it will not WASH off, but should SHED off just fine. Please don't accuse someone of PAINTING an animal when YOU aren't even aware of the possible effects of a common reptile substrate.

Old 06-16-2010, 02:37 PM   #7
tinmantribe5
Purple Calcium sand does stain for quite a few sheds!!
Thats the Gods honest truth and I dont even know this person just wanted to give opinion

Old 06-16-2010, 02:39 PM   #8
tinmantribe5
My son in law keeps his Dragons in colored calcium sand Blue and it totally took the pretty out of all his beardies it was a lesson learned use newspaper.I am still soaking and scrubbing blue off!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!

Old 06-16-2010, 03:01 PM   #9
spyder79
Quote:
Originally Posted by earthmonkey22 View Post
I was involved in a trade with Mr. Watkins. First of all he prolonged it was on and then off and then he said it was a go. When we got her she was actually painted purple! HE said she was one of bloodbanks purples and that she was a leatherback and she was clearly not. I have learned my lessen though. I did receive pictures of her but i guess i didn't look close enough. The signs were there but i see them all in hind sight. Be aware of Mac/baseball beardies/ and xarmour@gmail.com. When i got her i had the same color to mark my babies.
We need proof of this. Photos of the dragon in question, any correspondence with the seller and with barry. photos of the animal that you received showing the difference from what you thought you were getting and what you got.

also, what did you trade him for value wise? I know this is a tad off topic but unless the value of your trade was 1000+ you should have known you were not getting a bloodbank purple line trans.

Old 06-16-2010, 03:49 PM   #10
BaseballBeardies
"The Bad Guy"

Yes i have learned a lesson as well and am changing all my purple calcium sand to white calcium sand for adults and newspaper for the babies. As i told the Bodeah's i got her from a repticon columbia show and this is what the guy told me she was and that she was from bloodbank dragons. I sent them a picture of her clearly showing her scaling and that it wasnt very smooth like other leathers are. I never guarenteed that what the guy told me was right, but you could diffantely tell she was a hypo trans. I offered the bodeahs a return if they are not happy. Im trying to get this worked out but so far they dont seem to want a refund. Here is a picture of one of my dragons in purple sand.
Attached Images

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!